Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #6753  
Rapunzel is done, and put into the bag with the other finished projects for the sale.

Ack, Kaderin, will you be looking for another job too?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-06-2023, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Nope. I already have a full time job, I don't have the energy for another part time job. Hence the main reason for quitting the one I already had.

Plus, if Etsy works for me, I'll only need to make and sell 2-3 plushes OR 1 shawl per month to cover what my income was from Joann at this point....and I have a friend who's planning to buy at least 3 or 4 plushies when my shop is up.
And another friend who's planning to buy one of the dragons I already have made as a Christmas present. So if I get Etsy up right away (in the next couple weeks or so), I'll have covered what I would have earned for November and December.

And I have a handful of plushies to finish up that I can use as starting stock for the shop.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-06-2023 at 01:44 PM.
Old Posted 10-06-2023, 02:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6755  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
A whichnow frog?
Choly Knight. she makes patterns that are super cute.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-06-2023, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i hate technology. also i got so fucking pissed that i decided to start sewing.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-07-2023, 10:16 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6757  
Kaderin, I forgot about your library gig! Yeah, Etsy is a better side hustle than working at a store. Link us when you get it up. I'll be one of those useless people that follow and don't buy. But... I have Custard. I DID patronize. Right? Ugh. Sorry, that was supposed to be funny. I fail.

Den, OH. Those ARE cute!

Gonna go hide in the corner again now.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-09-2023, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean...back when we were talking about the logistics of paying for Custard, I did make a "custom plushie" item listing for them. I just didn't finish the shop setup them...
Forgot I did that until I was looking into setting it up recently. Lol

I'll for sure share a link when I get it set up Hopefully it will be ready soon, just gotta figure out product pics for a few plushies that I have done, oh and figure out how I want to do product info/descriptions for the listings. Basically...I have to do a little research first, but I'm aiming to have it open by the end of October or early November.
And heck yeah, any support is good even just liking the shop will help.
Old Posted 10-10-2023, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6759  
Custard: Imma girl. :D

How are you piping up here? You're back in the bedroom with your blanket and your cookie.

Custard: Dragon powa!

Sure... LOL

Some of the sellers are putting a little video in too now.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-11-2023, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
working on costume stuff... gotta make a quick fix to one piece of armor, and try and figure out where the heck my newest x-acto went wandering off to, so I can get a few things cut out for my costume

Quote:
Old Posted 10-12-2023, 09:21 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6761  
Tools need to come factory equipped with beepers.

I got two mushroom arms and a leg made. Technically, I did the leg twice, because I used the wrong hook the first time.

Last night I made this really fat yarn that's actually a stuffed woven tube into a braided doll, because I couldn't get it to crochet nicely.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-12-2023, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Found the knife, thankfully. Also got the core of one costume's tail made (Braided a bunch of yarn strands to make it, so it'll swing when I walk). also got my fangs for that costume sorted out (went with a short set, for the aesthetics). now I'm just waiting on makeup to arrive, and also working on the shirt, and hoping I'll have a chance to go thrift shopping before the month's over. I still need to make the horns, and find or make a kazoo (yes, you read that right. The character specializes in the kazoo), plus finish the tail...

And that's the easier of the two costume options I have. I'm a bit burnt out on my main costume option atm. but I did get some progress made on the mace for that one... I still need to finish the upper arm armor besides what I'll be tackling on the 19th... then it's just a matter of finishing the mace, making trim for the pieces that need it, final detail work, then sealing the foam and painting it, and finishing the wrap skirt. oh, and finding a pair of gloves that will work.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-16-2023, 11:11 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6763  
Figured out what to do with the jumbo blanket yarn that wouldn't become a doll and that was too big for the hook I bought. Was finger hooking it into a cuddle blanket.

Then I have nearly finished the body and gills on the big mushroom sprite that I started a couple days ago, BUT, the ball of yarn isn't going to be enough, so I have to go back to Michaels tomorrow.

Aaaand I don't have enough Burnatt (sp?) Blanket left for the piggy rag doll, so I need to get a couple more balls of that tomorrow, too.

Also, on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, I was able to earn enough leaf tickets to buy UtterlyWeird a dolly she can carry around. :D And gave her camper racing stripes. tkJ

Den, you gonna get a pretty kazoo?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-16-2023, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Custard: Imma girl. :D

How are you piping up here? You're back in the bedroom with your blanket and your cookie.

Custard: Dragon powa!

Sure... LOL

Some of the sellers are putting a little video in too now.
Heehee...never question a dragon's power!
Hi Custard! Derpy says hi too!

Yeah, idk about adding a video to mine yet. I'm still at the "telling myself I can use a generic banner to start, I don't need to try to find someone for custom banner art right away" stage of shop set-up.
Adding videos will be at least a year-ish and some better equipment away right now.
Old Posted 10-17-2023, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6765  
Quote:

Den, you gonna get a pretty kazoo?
I made my kazoo last night. waiting on it to dry before I seal it and paint it, and add a string to be able to wear it as a necklace. I still need to make the shirt, find pants that will work, and seal and paint the horns (I considered, briefly, using fabric to cover them, but the only fabric I have in the right color is a 100% merino wool skirt that I can't stand touching because it's super scratchy), style my wig, and hope my makeup that I ordered arrives in time. if it doesn't, I'll have to get very creative.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-17-2023, 06:34 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Heehee...never question a dragon's power!
Hi Custard! Derpy says hi too!

Yeah, idk about adding a video to mine yet. I'm still at the "telling myself I can use a generic banner to start, I don't need to try to find someone for custom banner art right away" stage of shop set-up.
Adding videos will be at least a year-ish and some better equipment away right now.
Custard is now happy flailing back in the bedroom.

Bribe Den. She does arts sometimes. Or just stick a pic of Derpy up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I made my kazoo last night. waiting on it to dry before I seal it and paint it, and add a string to be able to wear it as a necklace. I still need to make the shirt, find pants that will work, and seal and paint the horns (I considered, briefly, using fabric to cover them, but the only fabric I have in the right color is a 100% merino wool skirt that I can't stand touching because it's super scratchy), style my wig, and hope my makeup that I ordered arrives in time. if it doesn't, I'll have to get very creative.
*perks at wool skirt* How long?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-17-2023, 10:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #6767  
~That sounds cool. Good luck.~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 10-17-2023, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
*perks at wool skirt* How long?
I think about knee-length on me. no way it'd fit me in the waist though. I'll look later, when I'm more awake and less stabby (woke up with a headache and dad has my wireless headphones because he went up to Omaha for a procedure earlier today, but he should be getting his own set soon, so...)

Quote:
Old Posted 10-18-2023, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote