Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

기다려
Default   #2305  
I don't think Serenia Fantasy has servers according to country. There were just three servers I could choose while playing, and you could choose who to chat to but the only options were 'guild', 'local' and the server whole. most people frequented a single server and could be counted on to log in on that every session.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 09:38 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
For the ones I played they would have in a text box when you hover over the server names saying what region it was for. If not then I usually went to the least active servers.

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #2307  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml1201 View Post
@Tam
The reason I don't usually like MMOs has nothing to do with who its geared at, but the fact that they force you to team up with other people by making it impossible to get further without someone. Numerous times I've tried to get into a team with people, but they'd make fun of one thing or another I had or just leave the team without warning. Then there are people who try to team up with me that I keep saying 'English' to and takes them an hour to realize I don't know what they are saying when they are on an American server. x'D
Umm...this...

Why I still like several older games as opposed to the newer games.

BFV loses internet support? No biggie, it has Coop and LAN support.

Guns of Icarus loses internet support or has terrible queues/people? I can't play anymore.

NWN loses internet support? Still have module-maker, a series of free multi-ending stories made by the developers and fans, and LAN support.

TERA storyline-dungeons require you to use speed-running parties your own level (and 1/2 the time, you have no clue who they are)...I'll be farming dragons for the 999th time.

(As a note; I like all the games above. TERA has good mechanics and a beautiful atmosphere. NWN has been my favorite game since 2006, with Dragon Age and Balder's Gate close by. Guns of Icarus is awesome combat-airship stuff. And, BFV has many fond memories, laughs, and where much of my "oldies" music comes from.)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 07:34 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Ahhh, ml, I was thinking of your preferred reading genres. The game's Wizard101, and my friend who got me to try it says she rarely has trouble finding someone to help her with a tough boss in the higher levels.

I used to be really into the single player game Dragon Fable, but the dumb thing took to freezing and losing me all my quest progress, and the constantly having to switch weapons due to element kind of made my brain hurt after awhile. I have a high level character on that old Adventure Quest single player thing, but that's hours of bored grinding outside my player house. And it's got the weapon switching too, which I can just no longer cope with. I wanna just use the weapon in hand, and not worry about elements. Most the MMORPGS I've tried before were awful, crowded, and full of rude kids (which is not an age group, but a mindset, I think).

...Lawtan and Dandelioness, can you tell more about those very favorites you mention? *is exploring new games now*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #2309  
I've never played Dragon Fable, and don't you have to pay to play Wizard101 or something? As for the weapon switching thing that's what I usually use spells for, or did they not have that in the game?

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
I've never played Dragon Fable, and don't you have to pay to play Wizard101 or something? As for the weapon switching thing that's what I usually use spells for, or did they not have that in the game?
It's free to play, I think.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #2311  
Ah, okay. I had heard you had to pay to play it or something, which is why I never checked it out. x'D I mean, I can understand having premium members or something for online games like that, but for games that you've already paid for the software I don't think you should have to pay out more money just to play it.

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Quote:
The first area is totally free, and if you want the other areas, you can pay for them, and then they are always yours. But they say that the first area has lots to do for quite awhile. And no. Spells didn't help things in Dragon Fable.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 09:39 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #2313  
Ah, okay, so that's what it was then. Well, I'll think about it then. :3 And that sucks, about Dragon Fable that is. :/

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Dragon Fable/Adventure Quest can give you some laughs, storyline-wise. Both are singleplayer and operate on a "1/2 of the content is free, but you have to pay for the other half" idea. (Adventure Quest Worlds, I'd avoid - pay to play for a sub-par Flash Massive Multiplayer Online game)

Dragon Age can be computer-intensive, but is made by Bioware, the closest thing to a large gaming company that makes good roleplaying stories that are not open-world. You affect the storyline for the other games, befriend/alienate/romance companions, fight the blight and feuding aristocracies, save the world. (Star Wars, Mass Effect, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, and Dragon Age).

NWN = Neverwinter Nights...It is hard not to call it a 3D polygon Baldur's Gate with a toolset and several fan-made pieces. It is Forgotten Realms for the initial games, but people have started their book-writing with the dialogue trees from this game, and at its height, there were several different Persistent Worlds (Some with as much stuff in it as modern Free MMO's)...Let's see, one was based on Vampire: The Masquerade, another was a Roleplaying Battle Arena that had potions that could turn you into a lizard or a cat or a chicken, and another was sort of a D&D Simlife, and... (Though the multiplayer servers are gone, there are still several singleplayer mods that are just as awesome) The negatives comr down to graphics and fighting mechanics. Names I remember: Miss Six o'Clock, Pandora "Pandy", Aribeth, the Advent, Charwood, Mephistopheles, the Valsharess, Halaster, Lord Nasher, Waterdeep, Garm, Polly the Parrot, the Reaper/Gatekeeper, Deekin, Master Drogan, Master Nathan, Nooble, the Masked Man, the Great Mist Wyrm, Penultima, Alanya, Princess Criosa, Robert Black...I went too far, again.

Neverwinter Nights 2 - the original game, and the Mask of the Betrayer <3
Original: You are a swamp kid/young adult, who has a scar of some significance, fighting a mysterious King of Shadows from the lower Sword Coast up to Neverwinter, the Jewel of the North.
Mask of the Betrayer: Following your end of the Original Campaign, you are fused with an ancient curse in distant Rashamen, and must learn/interact with the mythos and spirits there... (Very much "mask vs self")
Also, the only time I have seen someone make a character that you can port into any persistent NWN 2 world, with quests and development of their own. It's a programmed NPC of beauty and beast all in one. :D

BFV = Battlefield Vietnam - A Vietnam War First Person Shooter with modding, vehicles, and music. Likely not what most people here like (I get the feeling most people prefer Role-Playing Games's). I and another made a pack of 5 maps/mods (4 semi-realistic, 1`that was just meant to be quick and fun) called Time in the Country (TiC).
BF: 2142 = Battlefield 2142 - a science fiction version of the above, with hovering battle fortresses (for honest-to-goodness teamwork and close-combat), Basic Mecha, invisibility, UAV sensors (mark enemies on map), Automated Machine Gun sentries, and a commander strategy hub (essentially gives whoever is the commander the playing of a strategy game, allocating resources to different squad teams.) However, not modding friendly, no singleplayer, no custom music...so when it died, it died.

Guns of Icarus: a (3rd or 1st) person team game where you play as either the engineer, gunner, or pilot of a Steampunk airship trying to shoot down other enemy airships. If you like the teamwork aspect of Tank simulators or Artemis, you should like this.

TERA - a free-to-play MMORPG set on a fictional world. Choose your class, your looks, and level up to 60 to reach more interesting content (5v5 player combat, 10 player dungeons that were inspired by Alice in Wonderland, etc.) As said, good mechanics, but the need for parties to run a dungeon, and it's inconsistent updates, have lead people to go to other similar RPG's. Also, graphics intensive.

Oh! There is Don't Starve! A collection/survival game recently made multiplayer. It is not, to my knowledge, computer-intensive.
__

__

Last edited by Lawtan; 11-22-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #2315  
Oh! I know Adventure Quest, didn't like that in general, so then I've played Dragon Fable a bit and didn't really like it either. :/ Forgot that was the name of the other part of it. x'D As for Dragon age, I didn't like how the class you chose decided the 'plot' you ended up with and you couldn't really customize the character much in my opinion. I like being able to do my own thing and not forced to do certain things. I have NVN and all the expansions, I got almost half way through the one story arch when my dad fired my one computer by accident (it was hot, he was putting in a new part and didn't know he got sweat on it), and I haven't been able to get myself to play it again that much. I've played NWN 2 as well, but I didn't want to get too far until I beat the first one (has issues with doing things out of order x'D ) Those shooter ones I wouldn't be interested in because I don't like shooters (realized that with the on old Jurassic Park game that was two player possible), and I wouldn't do that last one for the same reason you mentioned people leaving. o.O I'd rather play Realm of the Mad God if that's the case. o.O

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I prefer the story of RPG games, but I am not really a fan of third person due to how easily camera/aiming can mess up with moving. Let me either look top-down (strategy games) or first person.
__

__

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #2317  
True, third person view does kind of suck, even mroe so if you can't move the camera around. x'D In Blaze and Blade: The Eternal Quest you could switch between top down and third person, but the issue with top down was that you missed where stair cases where because they went 'invisible' to make it easier to see the level you were on. x'D

Old Posted 11-22-2014, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I've found out that I can bounce my character off all available walls and lamp posts in both point and click (my first MMORPG experience was Adventure Quest Worlds) and arrow key steering. o.0 No, it's not on purpose.

So, dumb question, Law, are any of those free to start out with, still available, and friendly to computers that are just your four hundred dollar baby that plays DvDs really well?

I don't mind shooters, but I tend to avoid them because I found the old one I played (Doom? Um, the one with the otherworldly monsters invading the place and the soldiers going in and getting killed, and the last guy being the player character) addictive till I couldn't find the key to one door.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-23-2014, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #2319  
Just signed up to play Eternal Saga. It's pretty new, I think it's in Open Beta.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-23-2014, 05:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
-sneaks in- i heard eternal saga! 8D
im on eternal saga too! :D
Old Posted 11-23-2014, 05:34 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
club, library