Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Weaver of Tales
Default   #17  
"So... 14 and 166. There's got to be a connection there." He wrote down the number, and left by the doorway, headed back downstairs to check out the thing that had seemed a bit off to him last time he was down here. Who in their right mind keeps a FLOWER POT all by itself in the middle of the room? He carefully looked it over.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 09:59 PM  
Dragon Storm
The Vase has an intricate time-based design pattern. It is as if three melted clocks were poured over the clay to make a glaze. Interestingly, the time hands always point to 1:35. In addition, the time theme and the number three cause you to pause. As you shift the pot, a little letter pops out. It simply states, "Rhymes with 'hen'".
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 10:15 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #19  
"1:35, 14, 166, Cut, rhymes with hen. Time. .... When. Well, obviously When rhymes with hen, and the time theme is pretty thick here." He looked at the door. "However, there isn't a clock on that door, just a ram's head, so... Wait..." He started to pace as he thought. It's possible that Cut has more to do with the door that cut me - and less to do with this time... But there's a time here, the answer to the 'rhymes with hen' is obviously When, but..." Pausing, he turned sharply toward where he'd last seen the hologram of the goat.

"Tell me something. Does this mirror and the time have something to do with the lock on the cabinet over there?" He gestured further over. "I didn't forget it, I just didn't think it was important until now."
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 11:42 PM  
Dragon Storm
The Goat's voice rumbles, and announces, "The Time has nothing to do with that cabinet over there. For the 4-number combination lock on the cabinet, you have all the clues. 113. 135. 124. 166. 14x."
__

__

Old Posted 10-28-2016, 04:35 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #21  
Ari sighed, and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Great. It sounds like math, and I'm horrendous at math. Alright.. well..." He meandered over to the cabinet, taking the paper with all the numbers on it, and examining the cabinet lock to see how the mechanism worked.
Old Posted 10-28-2016, 07:41 PM  
Dragon Storm
The lock is a four number combination lock. You have four sets of numbers, and one set missing the last number. In numerical order, you can count one to four in the tens place...but the number 14- is missing it's last number, and 166 doesn't fit. Maybe the number is "146?"
On the lock, you see the number "1" - as if it is the first lock. So, does 1-1-3 mean, "First lock, first number...?"
__

__

Old Posted 10-30-2016, 09:01 AM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #23  
Ari contemplated the lock for a moment, then tried a combination with the given clues. "So if this is telling me what I think it is... The combination ought to be..." he quietly input the numbers: 3456.
Old Posted 10-30-2016, 06:46 PM  
Dragon Storm
With a snap, the combination lock heats up and melts into the floor, leaving the cabinet free to open. Doing so, you find a slip of antique paper, partly burned. On either side of the burn reads "Ne____kwa". You wonder if this has to do with the cut and when.
__

__

Old Posted 10-30-2016, 07:18 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #25  
The boy paced back and forth, considering the clues. He was starting to feel a bit under the weather, as a certain change was approaching, and approaching fast. He had to figure this out before it got here - or things could be decisively more barbaric and bloody in a short amount of time. "Okay... Ne. Kwa. Cut. When. There's got to be a meaning.... Newhencutkwa? Necutwhenkwa? Maybe there's another thing I'm missing, another clue. Maybe not. Let's see..."

He took the paper, and a pad of his own, and started mixing up the letters. Maybe it was a scramble. "Hmmm..."

Newhencutkwa
Necutwhenkwa

"Wait..." He started trying to make words out of the letters.

"New. Hen. Wake. Huh? Hang on..."

Now, he started crossing off letters as he made the words.

N E W H E N C U T K W A

W A K E N

N E W H E N C U T K W A

W A K E N - T H E

He paused, and scratched his head. "Waken the NWCU? Nuwc? Wucn? Cuwn? Uncw? None of that makes sense." He looked over toward where he'd heard the voice previously. "Am I even on the right track here!?"
Old Posted 10-30-2016, 11:51 PM  
Dragon Storm
The voice of the goat chuckles and ring out, "Nope. It's not an anagram. You have mentioned my name, now, though."
__

__

Old Posted 10-31-2016, 03:03 AM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #27  
Ari thought over everything he'd said, and tried several of the words out on his tongue. If the goat-man had a name, it should have been at least semi-pronounceable. In that case... There were very few options it could have been. He could only ask Yes or No questions, so he figured he'd start with his first guess.

"Is your name Newhencutkwa? Considering it's one of the only iterations I can pronounce? If that answer is no, my next question is if you name is Necutwhenkwa."
Old Posted 10-31-2016, 01:36 PM  
Dragon Storm
"No, and yes, my puppet," the Mountain Goat chuckles, "Now, just input that in the letter pad for the right hallway door."
__

__

Old Posted 10-31-2016, 02:56 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #29  
"Right hallway door... Gotcha." He obeyed the goat-man, headed to the right hallway door, and opening the panel. Thinking for a moment, he typed in the first series of letters, waiting for whatever was going to happen... to... well... happen.
Old Posted 10-31-2016, 07:22 PM