Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #193  
I think I've thouroughly saturated myself with black tea now. Finding I can't really drink more than one cup a day now without it feeling heavy. Time to have at that stack of green tea I've inherited from other people. I think I have a few different brands now - at least Twinings and Dilmah. Some Kombucha from Yogi tea, (love that stuff) and a couple random green and white things from "David's Tea" or something like that, stuff I got for christmas.

I like the David's tea stuff. Comes in little ciagar tubes. I've burned through the earl grey and assam banapasty (not sure if I spelt that right) already. Moving onto the wisky white (white tea with some kinda wisky thing and something sweet, not sure if it's the one with candied nuts in it.) Not my usual taste but it's there so may as well try it.

Still haven't opened my Teavana stuff. I'm not even sure I remember what I bought. Organized my tea tray and I have many little bags in different colours all faceing me, and yet I still go to that box of red rose almost every morning. Maybe that's the stuff I'm getting sick of?
Old Posted 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Woo, Graduated High School
I love tea. I would drink it so much that it doesn't even phase me like coffee does. Which I guess is a good thing when I start school again in the Fall. Coffee and I will get to know each other during the semester, but during breaks and when I finish, I will go back to more tea.
Even then I still drink more tea. Every time I go away to school, my family will send me off with more tea than I know what to do with. Last year my aunt gave me a sampler pack. :P When I go to school I always end up buying more tea from the store when I go shopping.
Old Posted 02-27-2012, 10:13 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #195  
Heh. Yeah. I was up to around 5 cups a day when I was in college. I just had one cup that never really seemed to empty. My kettle got a good workout that year, especially since I was the only person who thought to bring one.
Old Posted 02-28-2012, 01:37 AM Reply With Quote  
For Christmas one year, my aunt bought me an electric water kettle just so I could have tea while I was at school any time I wanted :D I use it for almost everything ^^
My first semester there, I would joke with my boyfriend about my consumption of tea. :P
I missed this one coffee shop on my college campus that had been taken away from us my last semester. They had really good tea. I was soo happy to see my favourite Yogi teas at the supermarket in town.
I wonder how much tea my family will send me to Graduate school with this year? :D
Old Posted 02-28-2012, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #197  
I like Yogi. I have their Kombucha that I picked when they didn't have any gogi berry. I think I just finished off the last of it. Will need to do seek out more.
Old Posted 02-28-2012, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
My favourite is the Pomegranate. I loved the Kombucha and the Gogi. I liked a bunch of the flavours they had at the coffee shop. Once I start working again, I'll stock up on that brand and try other flavours.
Old Posted 02-28-2012, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #199  
Not as fond of pomegranate teas as I thought I would be. I still prefer the juice or just eating one of the things.
Old Posted 02-28-2012, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote  
I thought it was awesome the first time I tried it the year before I started at the school (my boyfriend went to the school and I visited him a lot. He bought me the tea) I still have a lot of tea at home. :)
Old Posted 02-28-2012, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #201  
Ugh. No tea this morning. Coffee. Haven't had coffee since the last time I got up as some gods-forsaken early hour or after not having gone to bed in the first place.

It's pleasant in moderation. :).

Tim Horton's coffee. Mom always buys the stuff. Did you know Starbucks gives out samples if you ask? I investigated their "blonde roast" to see what was up with it.
Old Posted 03-01-2012, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
hmm I never knew Starbucks did. We had a Starbucks on campus at my Uni. Actually we had for awhile: A small alumni owned company, Starbucks, and a Tim Hortons Express. Last Spring semester, the school food service didn't reup Buster Brown's (small alumni company) contract and opened the new Cafés run by the food service. Buster Brown actually has a coffee shop in the village not far from the school.
In a couple years when they finish the upgrade to the Campus Centre building, they will be opening a Tim Hortons on the first floor.
I of course am a graduate so I won't get to enjoy that.
But, at the university I am going for Grad school, they have a couple of Tim Hortons... But then, Buffalo NY is known for Timmy Ho's being EVERYWHERE. Like Starbucks is to NYC.
Oh! Random tidbit, SUNY Fredonia (my undergrad school) has the only Starbucks between Buffalo and PA if I'm not mistaken. ^^"
Old Posted 03-02-2012, 01:04 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #203  
Wow. I'm in Canada, so we have Tim Horton's all over the place (known as "Timmy's" up here). I used to work at one. ;). I'm in Vancouver too, which has the infamous Starbucks kitty-corner from the other Starbucks.

I'm eating spice cake from my tea party yesterday. I love the stuff! Friend got me some new teas from "David's Tea" which is on another side of town from me, but they're neat things. One is a green tea tied in little butterflies, so it looks like a little bundle of knots, and another "Black Gold" or something like that, has gold and silver sugar candies that supposedly make the tea shimmer as it steeps. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm curious. :).

My sister also brought over some Cream Earl Grey and some Lapsang Suchong. My grandfather lived off the stuff (the suchong) but I seem to be able to only have so much of it before I need to switch to something else. I like it mixed with half black tea.
Old Posted 03-05-2012, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Oooo those teas you mentioned sound really good. I love the teas I have now. I'm hoping when I go to grad school in the Fall, my family will send me off with a bunch :)
I think the campus I'm going to has 2 timmys on it ^^ Which is good. I do enjoy their stuff. Though I will miss Starbucks. Which is fine. I don't mind not having too much to choose from. Less temptation to waste my campus meal plan money :P
Old Posted 03-05-2012, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #205  
We had two Timmy's on campus, one or two Starbucks I think (never did explore all the campus), a couple other chain coffee stores, and a couple run by various university departments. I think there is pretty much one in each bulding, or within a short walking distance of each one. Little corner kiosks abound everywhere.
Old Posted 03-05-2012, 05:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
COFFEE! *invade invade invade!* I like coffee better, but since I got sick now I can only have decaffeinated coffee. I don't miss the other kind though. I do sometimes sneak some pop that is caffeinated. But for the most part - I don't really have much at all.
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 03-05-2012, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #207  
My university where I got my undergrad, we had a Tim Hortons express, a Starbucks, and an alumni run coffee shop which had 4 total places. Then the campus food place did not re-up the contract of the coffee place. So, we ended up with the food service the food service thing on campus running the coffee shops and in a year they'll have a full tim hortons on campus. The alumni company has a coffee shop/restaurant down the road from the school (and it serves wine). The village also had a tea/coffee shop near by.
The town outside of the campus had a Dunkin Donuts, a Tim Hortons, and was starting construction on a Tim Hortons express next door to the Dunkin Donuts :P

I dunno what the layout of stuff is on the campus I'll be going to this coming year :P
Old Posted 03-05-2012, 12:45 PM Reply With Quote  
gah! computer issue double post :/
Old Posted 03-05-2012, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote