Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #17  
It looks like there are going to be some great games for it.
Old Posted 09-19-2012, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I can't wait for a TWEWY game for the Wii U, duel screen controllers? Maybe some Phoenix Wright 5 graphic styles..? A rich soundtrack 8D

Old Posted 09-19-2012, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Default   #19  
I'm excited for the Wii U as well but I don't think I'll be getting one.
My parents complain every time I ask for a new system for Christmas.
Plus on the three TVs I can play my systems, they each have a system on them. Lol

I have Wii and Xbox360 on one tv, PS3 on another, and SNES, N64 and Gamecube on the last one. Soooo.... yeah. Haha.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Beauty of the moonlight
not really, don't get me wrong updating the graphics was a good direction, but going to tablet was probably the worst thing to do. In my opinion despite the fact the ability to play on it while another person is watching tv is cool and all.
Old Posted 09-28-2012, 12:35 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #21  
it has the pro controller, regular wii controllers and the tablet, so i don't that will be to big of an issue.
Old Posted 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
But what's the point of buying the new gimmick when you don't even want the new gimmick?

I had the same feelings about the 3DS... I hate 3D, I don't want to buy it even though I know I can turn the 3D off...
Old Posted 09-28-2012, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Show Me Your Teeth
Default   #23  
I love Nintendo products, and I'm actually really excited for this. It's nothing really NEW, but I am going to purchase it. ^^
Color me.
Old Posted 09-29-2012, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
don't buy it for the gimmick, buy it for the other improvements it has over the Wii?
Old Posted 09-30-2012, 09:29 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #25  
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...st-gamble-yet/

I think it sounds nice, with some sweet launch titles. And if they end up with a Steam-like download store, I'll be quite happy. Steam is the best.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I'm waiting for Super Smash bros before I even think about purchasing one. But it's coming out for the 3DS as well... So I'm waiting for either a Zelda, or a new game that makes me want to jump out of my socks for.

Old Posted 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #27  
Sooo.. anyone bought one of these yet? >_> They're not released here for another 10 days, and I'm hoping to get some feedback before i consider buying one..
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 09:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I was one of the first people in my area to get one. :D

I was playing games I developed myself on it launch day. ;)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #29  
involved in the development of proper release titles, or can anyone develop games/app type things for it? o-o
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Neither. I was using the web browser to play browser games I've written. :P

That said, a couple of Wii homebrew installers do still work, but I don't really care to hack my WiiU if I'm not going to get WiiU functionality out of it -- I kept my Wii around explicitly for doing development on it.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 01:19 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #31  
Ah, i understand now xD ooh, wait, does this mean the new souls game will work on the touch screen of the controller?

What are your impressions of the system, and release titles, so far?
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yes, the souls game should work. I haven't tried it but I can't see why it shouldn't.

The system as a whole feels extremely polished; I haven't felt like anything in the interface paradigm is awkward or inappropriate. As for launch titles I've only played Nintendo Land because I couldn't afford anything else (I had preordered Rayman but it got delayed until March) -- but I'm extremely satisfied with it. Lots of fun games in it; they're not really MINI-games, but rather small-scale ACTUAL games.

My only complaint is that Nintendo Land wants Wii Motion Plus controllers, which are of course the standard controllers for the Wii U, but I don't HAVE any, so I'm extremely limited in which games I can play. I'm tempted to see how much trade value I can get; swapping two Wii Remotes for one Wii Remote With Motion Plus would potentially be a good trade for me if I can land it.

Old Posted 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote