Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default Feeling very needy   #1  
I seem to be a very needy person. Emotionally, physically, AND mentally at times. Lately this aspect of myself has been appearing more and since I sort of feel like I shouldn't be THIS needy it's been making me rather depressed.

Some of you know, probably easily from my signature, that my heart more or less belongs to Lunaryon. Luna is in college and is busy, and I understand this. Or at least, my mind understands it. My heart keeps telling me we need to spend more time together. I don't think it's necessary, because I care for Luna a great deal and think that we could have a very long relationship. So when I get overly needy, it makes me upset that I can't be more patient. Besides, if we will be together, shouldn't waiting just make it better?

Lately I do feel very impatient. Like I want everything to happen NOW. Again, it's like I know this is silly, but I feel like it anyways. As much as I tell myself I need to wait and be patient, it's like I have a little voice inside me telling me that I need particular things to be happy. It just...makes me very upset to be this emotionally needy. Not to mention the physical and mental neediness that follows.

This does happen more ever four weeks and it IS that time for me right now. Knowing it just makes me more depressed that I can't get out of it myself. Perhaps it's funny that despite my neediness, I'm afraid to ask for help sometimes. So I'm trying to do that now. If there's others who feel this way, what do you do to get out of it? Or how do you deal with it when it comes?

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 10-17-2011, 01:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I pride myself on being an independent person, but I've had the trouble with separation of heart and head.
(I seem to be talking about this a lot, hurr.)
Look at the situation both with your logic and with your feelings. Consider which one you value more, or at least whether you act more on logic or on feelings. I act on a combination of the two, but I think logically about the outcome(s) and result before I perform any action.
figure out why you're feeling the way you do - you already know, obviously. So figure out from there what you want for yourself, the possible fixes to your neediness, and how these fixes will affect others
What I do - I contact the person who I'm feeling needy about. I just check up on them, let them know honestly about my feelings, and then bugger off. I try to find something else to focus on after satisfying my need to hear their voice - exercise, cooking, playing with a cat, working on a new art project. Find something that will interest you and focus on it - even simple meditation can help. Try to push all thoughts of the person out of your head so you're not constantly thinking about them.

TL;DR : Try to find something else to focus on for a while. a new song you love, an art project you've been meaning to finish, going out for a walk, playing with a cat, catching up with another friend. find something else that won't draw your attention to the subject of your neediness. You have to shut yourself down to them.

Good luck <3
bitches please
Old Posted 10-17-2011, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
In general, nowadays, people are more about instant gratification. The now thing. The impatient thing. That could be part of it.

Since you are so needy (not that that is a bad thing mind you), do you only have a few or many friends? If you only have a few, try to get more people to talk to? So your neediness can be spread out through more people. Since I don't think you can easily get rid of that emotion. Unless you want to go to a counselor...which it could be a personality disorder or something (you never know nowadays).

I wish I could actually help D:
Old Posted 10-18-2011, 12:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Thanks for the advice both of you.

@Daring, Most of the time when my heart and head are at odds I tend to follow my heart. In most cases it is the best for me, but I do need to temper things with common sense as well. I have told Luna about my neediness, and I felt guilty about doing so, but it's out there. I'm trying to keep my mind off Luna but many things remind me of her. I think that's part of the problem XD

@Yokuutsu, You help a lot. I didn't think about the instant gratification, but it may be related. With internet and phones I'm used to being able to see people every day if I want, and this just isn't the case with Luna. Perhaps I am trying to have too much just because it's possible. I do have several friends and I do spend time with lots of them, when I can, but Luna put it very well once: "You are unique, and no one can replace the feeling of spending time with you." So while being with others does help, it doesn't replace the want of spending time with Luna. It distracts me though :p Which is probably a good thing.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #5  
Instant gratification has been pushed down my throat alot.

People saying (professors) that we (Students) are delaying gratification for a bigger thing in the future. I've heard so many professors say that.

And distractions are all you can ask for. Rps are my distractions from a life I dislike....too bad they're failing. Which they weren't until not too long ago.

Anyway....glad I could help in some way.
Old Posted 10-19-2011, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
It's kinda like when someone says 'Don't turn around" and you do anyway, eh? The more you try to avoid thoughts of her the more they will come back.
So accept them. Say "yeah she's there I know, but I'm just going to look away"
I have someone I have a similar relationship with, except this person wants nothing to do with me now that I've told my feelings. They'll talk to me and be nice, but I'm not allowed to hug them or talk about certain things to them....everything reminds me of this person, but I just sort of accept it and move on, and try to distract myself in any way possible. I hope that can work for you too.
bitches please
Old Posted 10-19-2011, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote