Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default   #17  
Elsewhere, trouble was arising.
“FIGHT TYRANNY!”
“WE WANT CHANGE!!!”
“RRRAAAAAGHH!!!”
Crowds were rioting in the streets of Fenrir. Explosions flew. Buildings of both the rich and poor were toppled under the waves of middle-class extremists and their hired mercenaries. Oh yeah, and the food prices went up (Revolution is always marked by the food prices).
With the death of Clovis, the Country went into turmoil. The placement of the new President, Karin Strong-Lance, has the city rioting.
“Strong-Lance is nothing but a tyrant!” some would say.
“She’s just a ditz who can’t do anything!” others would say.
In many ways, an intelligent person could think that Karin was a placement of a puppet government, but whether or not that was the case was unproven. However, in the eyes of Paris Ashford, it was her opportunity. With the city in chaos, she could easily pick up the scoop she needed to make her famous.
“Finally,” she thought, “it’s the biggest events of the century and I’ll be there to report it all!” She arrived at the palace, *cough, cough* I mean presidential office of Fenrir.
“Halt! Who goes there!?” The guard promptly said to the female reporter. It was strange to look around the gate and not see riots here as well, but people were afraid of String-Lance, despite their hatred. She wouldn’t hesitate to act in protecting herself, and her government office, but in the concerns of the people, she dozes off, almost intentionally as if to get attention. she was a simple mind, but not exactly the most pure of heart.
“Paris Ashford, reporter. I believe I have a meeting with Miss Strong-Lance soon.” She pulled out, from her clipboard that was tucked under the sleeve of her yellow jacket, a sealed manila folder. The guard looked at the letter for less than a moment before letting her through. “Good,” she thought. “At least those fakes turned out to be useful.” Ashford walked into the building, looking as though she were on important business, and quickly got to work.
---------------------------------------------------------------
“So what do you hope to do, using your magic, once you’ve mastered it?” asked the alchemist to the mage on the other side of the fire. After a full day of uneventful walking, camp was set up, since the jewel had no intention of guiding the party towards a city anytime soon.
Old Posted 02-26-2011, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
fantasy, murder, renaissance