Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default The Path in Which We Walk   #1  
The Path in which We Walk
It’s a season of firsts in the country of Urundel. Chromerian-Styled Magic made a renewal within the city of Jasper. Discoveries in Alchemy and Forge-workings in Ethral found the new material called Sakurodite made the perfect source of power for electro-trans-mutants, and the capitol city of Fenrir reformed the system of justice. But it was within this system of justice that Jeremiah Gott-Oswald found himself framed for murder. An unpopular man and an even more controversial Alchemist, the juries of Fenrir found no quarrels when deciding to give this man the most serious punishment: execution on the charge of murder and treason. It was not unusual for “Jeremiah the Lie-ah” to be found transmutating substances like wood or steal in objects that can move “mechanically” or asking “patients” to try potions that only gave bad stomach aches, but surprisingly enough, it never occurred to the general population that Jeremiah never lied. He was only crazy, convoluted, and unfortunate enough to be the creator of the first Sakurodite bomb.

“Well, how in the world was I supposed to figure out whether it would explode, if you don’t even know half of what I ever talk about?” He said to the courts that night. It was supposed to be a public lecture on the mechanism of a sakurudite engine thirty days before the murder. President Clovis actually presented himself at the lecture, and after it failed, he criticized Jeremiah saying, “You’re a sham. Jeremiah, Explosive Master? More like Jeremiah, the Liar, to me.” He said liar to rhyme with the name, Jeremiah. Before being called a liar (and then having one of the most drastic changes in popularity to date), he was a great explosive alchemist. He was notorious for “the power to level building in the blink of an eye” and for making “cannonballs that could split armies in half”. In the past, however, He never took on an apprentice.
“I couldn’t teach a thing to this ‘Lost Generation’,” he nonchalantly replied, but when people insisted, he sent them away empty handed, making himself actually seem a bit conspicuous.

But we’re digressing from the situation, aren’t we? They carried me away in chains, thinking I killed the President of Urundel, giving both a charge of treason of murder. I didn’t do it, but who listens to crazy men like me? I was to be killed immediately. They took me to the public arena, to be executed blindfolded, like they always do.
“It’s the end for me,” I thought while being pushed up the steps to the gallows. I closed my eyes to what I thought would be eternal rest… except I didn’t die. The last I remember was being unbound and able to take off my blindfold to see my new beginning.
--------------------------------------------------------
Chasm, Welcome to the world of Urundel. As we've discussed, there's going to be Renaissance-styled technology, and I'll leave it between the two of us to explain this world that we live in. I also left it for you to decide how I got out of being "executed" in public.

Annotating certain parts:
-Urundel is the central country and it is, overall, about the same size as France or Germany. It has a massive variety of different geographical areas (such as the mountains to the north and the central lake, Lake Sapphira, near the South-west corner of Urundel (I'm terrible at drawing maps so try to bear with me.)
-Fenrir is the capital of Urundel, and the new jurist system is being referred to (as before this time there was only a highly disciplined and educated judge).
-Chromerians are one of the types of magicians in this world (that is if there are going to be more) Chromerians rely on the power of light to do stuff (light being the color spectrum of light, heat, and ultraviolet light, all which have different, unspecified abilities.)
-electro-trans-mutants are members of a guild of alchemist and iron-workers who use "electricity" in their work. Seeing that this is the Renaissance era, their work is highly unaccepted and mostly inefficient.

I now leave you to improve. Good luck. :)
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 05:09 AM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
"I got it wrong again... When am I going to get this companion spell right?" she sounded angry and frustrated with herself as she kicked her book case she then headed to the man she summoned seeing him bound she undone the bindings, she didn't know what to think of him as she had never quite seen anyone like him. She looked nothing more than a thirteen year old child with long ice blue hair, her eyes matching that of her hair. her form in itself was petit for someone her age, she stood at just over five foot and wore the robes of an apprentice mage, they where white with ice blue swirls, around her waist and tied to the left hand side was a golden sash showing she was of the higher class of apprentices

"Are you okay?" she seemed somewhat concerned with his well being considering he was tied up when he arrived "Where you kidknapped or something?" she pointed for him to take a seat near her desk which was covered in books and alchemy bottles "your not hostile are you" her hand came up defensivly at summoning she was having trouble but she was a genius at everything else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Last edited by Kaguya; 02-13-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 05:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #3  
"Ngh?"
Jeremiah undid the Blindfold as the bonds were cut and looked around at the scene before him:
-the scene changed from what he thought to be a execution platform to a library of some sort. The bottles on the desk looked a bit useful, but not much compared to the warehouse by his house. Although the characters on the scroll also seemed a bit unfamiliar.
-the girl in front of him looked like a magician of sorts; which type he did not know. "That's probably where I should start," he thought.
"No, I'm not hostile. I'm Professor Jeremiah Gott-Oswald, the explosive master," he said while brushing off his lab coat. It was stained with gray mud from the executioner's courtyard.
"Wait, what if she heard of of my trial? Shoot!
"Um... don't be scared. I won't hurt you." Jeremiah spoke nervously and conspicuously as his brown eyes darted around, looking for the door. He didn't want anyone to know of the events which took place not even minutes ago. Jeremiah turned back to the girl, realizing his suspicious behavior and tried to play out the situation naturally.
"Um...if I may ask, where am I, who are you, and how in the world did I get here...from my House?" He tried to sound angry but it came out as annoyed.
"I got to get out of here, or they might find me."
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 05:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Lowered her hands hearing he wasn't hostile "Nice to meet you professor, though why would you want to blow something up?" the idea seemed ridiculous to her as she sat on her bed, her room wasn't mutch to look at it har runes here and there posters of spells a chart of fails and sucess's she had practically ace'd everything but summoning

Blinked as he seemed nervous though she didn't understand why "You don't look like you can harm a fly let alone me" she didn't mean it as an insult but more an observation at the man in the labcoat who looked like some crazy inventor "My door is behind you, if you wanted to leave you could have just asked" she leaned back and yawned lightly it was nightfall where they where

"The white oak school of magic in Nadiza, Meizu Otorua, I summoned you here when I was trying to summon my familure and your a terrible liar" she answered each question in the order they had been given to her "This school is away from civilization for over one thousend miles in each direction, it's self stustained as it is a city all it's own" she listened as the door locked "And it seems like your stuck here until morning, sorry" with a flick of her hand the candles of the room went out
Quote:

Old Posted 02-13-2011, 06:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #5  
"Um...thanks...I guess this means there's some explaining to do, tomorrow," Jeremiah conceded her point. Trying to get out of the locked room would've been pointless if he was trying to blend in at least a little bit.
Seeing the candles go out, he deduced to leave the story for the morning.
As he slept, the nightmare position haunted his mind, making him turn in his sleep (or what little sleep he could make himself in, since he tried to sleep closer to the corner of the room).
"Did this really happen?"
"Is this really real?"
"What am I supposed to do now?"
"I'm a fugitive. A man betrayed by his country."
"And what about the girl, Nadiza? Will she believe me?"

What woke Jeremiah up the next morning wasn't the normal sunlight or his neighbor's rooster, but rather something that frightened him even more than yesterday's events: The lock clicked a second time, and the knob began to turn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Off Story: I think we can stop here, right?
I wasn't sure what you were attempting to do when you flicked the candles off.
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 06:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Meizu came in to the room, there was a tray in both her hands "Morning professor" she was happy as she handed him the tray, on it would be a glass of orange juice, some toast, a little jar of jam, a little jar of marmalade a jug of syrup, some pancakes, some bacon, some sausage, some fried eggs and some scrambled eggs "I didn't know what you like so I got something of everything" she went to her desk and placed her own tray down

Soon she was scrambling through the scrolls "Where is it... where is it" she seemed rather annoyed as she tried to find something "AH-HA" she exclaimed picking up a scroll "Netrai mais neria tosha met su" as she spoke she her hand turned blue and she got covered in snow "Damn it!" once again she kicked her book case as she dusted off the snow "Another failed summon" she sighs and slumped into her chair
Quote:

Old Posted 02-13-2011, 06:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #7  
"Oh, it's you." A feeling of relief engulfed the professor. We're it to be a teacher or different student, his situation would become even more complicated. Jeremiah picked up the toast and began to coat it with the jam.
"I believe I owe you an explanation. Although I am, indeed, Jeremiah Gott-Oswald, you've summoned me at a dire circumstance. Were I to continue this story, I could only ask you to believe me."
"If it happens that she doesn't believe me..."
"I was arrested, charged, and convicted for the murder of Clovis Amaranthene, the President of Urundel. Whether or not you heard of his death will not matter because I swear to you one thing: I did not kill the man, I was framed." Coating the toast, thoroughly, he took a bite, letting his words sink in and giving himself time to think.
"Around the last time a person could see the moon like we saw last night, President Clovis attended my debut public lecture or the use of the new material, Sakurudite, a great conductor of linear-light-energy molecules or lightning."
-Flashback-
"And using spontaneous combustion, the engine can move the in a mechanical motion," said Jeremiah gesturing to the small gizmo on the wooden table. The growing crowd applauded as hands were raised and question, asked. Looking from the corner of his eye, Oswald saw, what looked to be, a hooded figure standing on the roof a commercial building. There was a flash of light, and the engine exploded! *KABOOM* The charred remains of the table stood as the remaining evidence of what could have been revolutionary creation.
-End Flashback-
"After that, Clovis stood up from his seat, noticeable because of it's lavish decorations, and ridiculed me in public. I was angry at him, and got towards building another engine for a inventors presentation in the city of Jasper. That's in a month, but back to the main point, I didn't kill him, and if anyone had any connection with this act of treason, it would be that man! And so, I have to get back to-" Jeremiah froze. Go where? Jasper? Fenrir? There's no lead on the masked man.
"Well, I don't know where to go," Jeremiah concluded and he slumped onto the floor.
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Meizu listened to everything that had been said and blinked as he stopped she swallowed part of the muffin she had been eatting "Why not just use a tracker spell" she said this as if it was the simplist thing in the world she hadn't thought that he might in fact be magically backwards

After thinking on that she bit her lip for a second "Say you are innocent... Why would this person want to kill the president and then frame you of all people" her voice showed some confusion as she began to pick a bit more off her muffin to eat
Quote:

Old Posted 02-13-2011, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #9  
"First, what's a tracker spell?" Unfortunately for Jeremiah, the Gott-Oswald family was a strongly conservative group and although, he had nothing against magic, Jeremiah was also kept in the dark about it.
"Second, I'm a very controversial... member of society. Remember when you asked what in the world explosives would be used for? It's that very question that's been dividing the country for years," Jeremiah said nonchalantly. "Many people in the upper and lower social-economic classes often use my wears for extremely dangerous and sometimes immoral purposes. High class bombs can be used for leveling walls and armies, while even the smallest explosive can cause enough distraction to make subtleties obsolete. The majority of middle class merchants and peace-loving philosophers hate me for making them, but how else would I get by?"
Finishing the toast and sausage, he took a sip of orange juice and continued.
"So far, Meizu, there's probably two possibilities that I've come up with: either this guy has an independent motive, and targeted me because of my place in society, or it's a merchant/philosopher who's gone mad enough to actually kill me in an innocent way." Letting the words sink in, he started eating the eggs.
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
looked at him as he asked about the tracker spell "It does exactly what the name says it allows you to track someone" she thought it would have been obvious since he was a professor to put two and two together without making five "Of course I remember... I have a photographic memory... which seems to let me down when I try summoning spells" she chuckled about the fact but she was also annoyed at herself for seemingly being useless at it, but everyone had to have a weak point right?

"Explosives are like magic... okay got it" by this she meant in itself it was nuteral it all came down to the will of the user how the outcome would be "Everything is dangerous if you know how to use them in such a way" she did have a point as she finished off her muffin she listened to the rest of what he had to say

"So this person either A. want's you dead B. want's you ruined or C. all of the above?" she found it strange that someone would want to kill someone else just because of status or something they created but then again she was in a mage school for the well off and priviliage so she didn't really understand about people in more crowded areas
Quote:

Old Posted 02-13-2011, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #11  
"Or D. none of the above. I have a feeling that if this person did kill Clovis, he wouldn't want to be caught. In that case, the fact that I'm involved in this incident could be a coincidence, but that's aside the point." Jeremiah bit, chewed, and swallowed another fork-full of eggs before continuing. "The point is that if I'm going to catch this killer, I'm going to have to first find the hooded man at the lecture, which leads me to a final question." He put his fork and knife down on the plate with the eggs.
"This is the moment of truth." Jeremiah looked at Meizu in the eyes.
"Will you help me prove my innocence?"
Old Posted 02-14-2011, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Meizu listened to everything and began drank some of the fresh orange juice as he spoke, she hadn't got a clue what he was talking about when it came to being an accident. Hearing his request of her she coughed the out the orange juice she had been drinking "I'm an apprentice mage... not an investigator..." she begin she was beginning to think the man in front of her was bonkers "If you can give me one way I would somehow manage to be helpful to you I will ask to leave for some personal time to help you 'try' and prove your innocence" she was serious about helping him but she didn't want to end up dead for backing up the wrong person
Quote:

Old Posted 02-14-2011, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #13  
"A way you can be helpful? Well, you have a large arsenal of magic if your photographic memory holds true and the photographic memory itself will already be a useful asset towards finding the truth."
"I know nothing of magic as well. That in itself will be trouble enough now that I'm set on my destination."
"And besides, your forgetting that I'm an alchemist!" Jeremiah smirked at making the introduction to one of the most subtle words of wisdom he ever heard. "If I've learned anything from the ones who taught me, it's that could make anything so long as there's the potential for it to be made. Your a smart apprentice magician, right. Well by transmutation, you can be a smart investigator as well. There's nothing that cannot be done once the mind is set on a goal." Jeremiah smiled at the Otorua confident that the teenager not only can but will help him, and grateful.
"It was going to be a long road to innocence, and the Path in which we Walk will be perilous if this is more than a mistake.."
Old Posted 02-14-2011, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
listened to him not believing he didn't have a perfect memory, she now thought it was a mage thing and they where shipped here to keep them away from normal people, pushing that to the back of her mind she moved a scroll and picked up a crystal "Denai che za yoi pa?" she spoke into it and it glowed blue a smile came to her face

"I've been granted leave" she opened a drawer and brought out a small brown pouch and tied it to ser sash for her eyes to go back to the crystal she spoke into as it glowed once more and rolled her eyes "nait" she let out a sigh "I need to have my familure by the time I get back or punishment happens" she had never had punishment before but she had heared others speak of it and it didn't sound to pleasent

puting her hand into her pouch "think of the hooded man you saw that day" her where single toned almost if the emotion had been removed from them. Once she believed he had an image in his mind she closed her eyes "Maiza, maiza teru-je nai te re yui zani mo... tere yomo ta zenta" as she spoke those words she began to glow a brilliant white the clear crystal in her hand now having what seemed like green clounds inside it "The tracker has been made so we better get going" with that she moved towards the door picking up a white cloak with the school's symbol as a cloak broach and her book bag
Quote:

Old Posted 02-15-2011, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #15  
"And traverse, we shall!" Jeremiah shouted in glee at the gates of Nadiza. The generosity of the resident mages astounded him. Few people heard of the events that took place a day before and those that did believed in Jeremiah because of the "investigative reporting" done by the new national news paper, Ze Press named after the manually powered machinery used to print each of the pages, the Zete (pronounce 'Zeet').
Jeremiah's confidence was boosted extremely by the behavior of the new "friends" he had made. His bags we packed with a good portion of alchemy equipment as well as provisions. Checking his clock, marked with a transmutation seal, he pulled out his map, opening it carefully so as not to tear the paper.
“Now then, our first destination should probably be….” Jeremiah checked the map, tracking crystal, and compass before shouting, “THAT WAY!” and nonchalantly point in the direction that the tracker pulled in. He looked at the map a second time before realizing a bit of a problem that going the direction, in which he pointed, brought to the party. His confidence faded as he poked to the map, the destination they were to be headed.
“To the scare of all of Fenrir: to the land of the Antivan Crows.”

----------------------------------

The south-eastern area of Urundel held quarters to some of the most gruesome and vile names known in the country. Amtari Dazan of the broken halo, Sumeragi Setsuna the lady of blades, and even the mysterious masked Creed stood sentinel over the syndicate that standardized the quality of crime itself. The Antivan Crows (Pronounced ‘Aunty-van crows’ and the name is pronounced best in an English accent.) Jeremiah dealt with the crows the least and out of all of his clients in the past, found them the least favorable. People would say that it’s “the owner of the knife, not the knife itself” that commits the crime, but the crows consider themselves, “weapons of the people” and they fought well. It made stocking their inventory even more risky than other people who were at the very least predictable.
-------------------------------------
Old Posted 02-16-2011, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Looked at how everyone was given the day off lessons to help herself and the professor get ready for the journey a head though every noe and then she would be asked to bring back something or other for a classmate be it a spell component or just a sweet they had been craving, she was begining to wonder if she was going to help or going on a store run. at the end it didn't matter as she was going to see the world she had only read in text books.

Meizu looked to the crystal then to the map, "you seem worried" she didn't take her eyes off the map as she spoke, though didn't wait for an answer as she let the crystal go, for a moment it just floated before moving off Meizu following after it "Safest route please" she knew the way these crystals could be, she would rather take a longer time than end up eatten by canibals
Quote:

Old Posted 02-17-2011, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
fantasy, murder, renaissance