Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Snap!
Default My mom isn't "all there" if you catch my drift...   #1  
Her mental illness is at its threshold. I do not remember a time when she was this bad. Talking to her is like talking to a wall. I get little response out of her. I've tried telling the professionals who are supposed to be helping but they aren't doing anything she needs them to do! They don't know how to help her because they have no idea how bad the situation really is.

I attempted to fully clean the kitchen this afternoon, but I couldn't finish after I swept the rotten food out of the floor of the pantry along with a dead mouse, and its blood and guts smeared across the floor and I threw up :( I feel bad for not being able to finish it, and the house REALLY stinks. I was not expecting the dead mouse and am soooo so disgusted and embarrassed. I don't know what to do about my mom. She gets food she doesn't cook in time before it goes bad, and the majority of what is bought gets thrown away. When I took the trash out, it was seriously the worst god awful smell ever. I would not be surprised if maggots weren't feeding off of rotten leftovers. I don't even know if I can go back into the kitchen without throwing up. The place is full of mice, so I should have expected some kind of rotting animal in the pantry, however that smell was disguised by the smell of rotting food. I can't do my laundry without it smelling like mice a week later. They've been chewing up my clothes and shoes. The fridge is full of rotting food. There are gnats and fruit flies everywhere. The house smells like a garbage can. When she spills something she does not clean it up. I came back from my boyfriend's today and the place is a wreck. Every time I clean the entire kitchen, she does some canning and makes a ridiculous mess in the process and doesn't clean it up. If she spills her coffee all over the counter, which has been almost every day the last 4 days, she will leave it there. She clogged the toilet last week and it overflowed, and I slipped and fell in the toilet water on the floor. I see mice crawling through the holes in the burners on the stove, and see and hear them crawl throughout the house. There were two of them trying to breed in my previous purse, which is hanging from the curtain rod in my room.

As hard as I try to keep the house clean, she has to bring a ton more food in to rot. I can't contain it by myself. I've tried helping her and it isn't working. I don't know what else to do.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Last edited by Ginger; 10-17-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old Posted 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
That happened with my grandma(the cleanliness) as my grandad was going because she was spending too much time caring for him. If shes on medication you may need to get it changed, my mum does weird stuff like that when her meds get changed. Unfortunately youre going to have to step up until then to keep the house clean and throw out the food as it goes rotten, i know it sucks but ive been there myself with my mum when she goes through stages like this.

You may need to go with her when she does shopping too if shes buying the wrong things, the worst part of all this is that she will insist that shes sane. There are little tricks i use with my mum like "wait you said earlier that we need this instead of that", it makes it sound like shes still the one in control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #3  
Your advice is helpful. Thank you Ashy. <3
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.