Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default Is there a song that   #1  
Is there a song that brings you back to a younger time in your life? Do you get sad when you hear this song and think of days gone by? Why does it remind you of that time?

I hear an old folk song done by The Wolfe Tones called Glenswilly and it makes me homesick for Ireland. It makes me think of living with my Uncle and his family. It was the happiest time of my childhood. I ak already pretty homesick for Ireland and this song intensifies it because its about leaving Ireland and being homesick.

https://youtu.be/OzmbQxyFv3o
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 04-12-2017, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
The song that has the most meaning for me is Drops of Jupiter . My mother died of cancer also, and I grieved so much, then I came across this video, I had always loved that song, but this video started me on the path to healing.

She is here with me, and this song made me realize that, when I hear Pat Moynihan talk about his mother and his journey, its like listening to myself talking about my feelings about my mother's death and my journey.
Last edited by Moonshadow; 04-13-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Old Posted 04-13-2017, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote