Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

More Magic
Default A search option on the avatar creator page...?   #1  
As most of us know Trisphee does not have an Avatar Creator and due to the amount of items, colors and poses making one would take a lot of time, effort and resources, one could argue to much of all of them.

However I doubt I'm the only one that would like to be able to try making an avatar to see how certain items would look/go together without having to buy said items first.

This is why I would like to suggest the following: making it possible to search for items in that are in shops and to try them out on the avatar page. This would of course exclude the DIs, EIs, Aka Egg items, etc. but at least everyone would be able to try out the items in the shops in order to see if they should buy them or not.

Personally I like quite a few items within the store but at the same time I normally always hesitate to buy anything from them because I have no idea how they will, in the end, look on my avatar when combined with other items. I could very well be alone when it comes to this (hesitating to buy certain items from the shops) but I think it would help quite a bit if people could make a avatar with only (or close, or even just a few) Aurum shop items.

I understand that there much more important coding specific aspects of the site that need to be worked on right now and I am not asking that this feature (or one similar to it) be implemented as soon as possible but, if it is ever possible and the staff has enough time to code such a feature into the site I think it would be rather nice.

N.B.

I'm really not sure where suggestions are supposed to be posted so if this is not the right thread for it please move it to the appropriate one ^^;.
Old Posted 12-01-2013, 11:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's already on the list! But there's a lot of backend work that has to be done to make it as flexible as I want to make it. For example, I want to be able to look up items by color, which is easy enough for the commons with the color in the name but not really possible for more detailed commons, event items, or DIs.

Also, a closet is higher priority on the list right now... as is making the site able to deal with large inventories; searching large inventories isn't very helpful if you can't even access the editor.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-01-2013, 01:35 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #3  
I see, thank you for answering and, of course, the information. I hope the the large inventory issue shall be resolved first. It doesn't really affect me at all but I feel sorry for anyone that is.

In any case I can't wait for the search feature to become operational, then I might finally start using the commons as more then just accessories >.>...

Good luck with coding :).
Old Posted 12-01-2013, 02:10 PM Reply With Quote