Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #6721  
currently wondering if it's possible to set up a computer to display a warning when it's getting too hot. presumably it should be possible - i think i want to set this up for my laptop because of the shittier thermal stuff.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 09-11-2023, 06:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Messed up my back by working on my diamond art this weekend. Decided I wanted to just get it finished so I spent many hours hunched over it over the course of 2 days and I'm paying for my poor posture. But it's over half done now, which is definitely progress. Not sure what to do with it when it's done, but that's a future me problem.
Must resist the urge to work on it for a couple days so I don't REALLY mess up my back.
Old Posted 09-12-2023, 01:31 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6723  
Made or mostly finished three dolls this week. Two are braided therapy dolls of a sort Den will be familiar with. If anybody wants to see pictures poke me on Discord.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-14-2023, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
we did button bouquets today in peer group. I spent the better part of two hours sorting buttons, poking holes in paper, and stringing buttons and paper on wires before wrapping the wires in floral tape :3 The other gal who showed up tends to not actually do the crafts when we do crafts, instead wanting people to do the things for her, so I just kept sitting and making more flowers to keep from having to do things for her. I don't even feel bad, because she barely tries to do the crafts before getting frustrated and giving up when it's not instantly easy to do.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 09-14-2023, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6725  
What's peer group? I bet those flowers look good.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-14-2023, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Peer group, aka Peer Support Group. It's a thing offered by the mental health service I go through. Once a week, I go to the local library to socialize and/or do crafty type things. next week, we're going to a horse rescue as a field trip. Once a month, they have a shopping trip, which rotates between Walmart/Dollar Tree in another town, TJ Maxx/Five Below in the nearest big city, or thrift shopping up in Omaha.

it's honestly just something to do where I can socialize a bit for a couple hours outside the house. which is a good thing in small towns like mine and other towns in the area (Rural communities tend not to have a lot of socialization opportunities not tied to church, football, or alcohol, sadly.)
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 09-15-2023, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6727  
Ahh. Gotcha.

I just applied for a market that is only for Autistic makers.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-17-2023, 11:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*frustrated sigh* Have spent too many hours making decals for very niche art for my fingernails only to decide I want to redo most of them. One because it smudged, some because they just look bad.
Though one I wanted to redo might be salvageable if I can very carefully get some VERY fine lines added to it, but it's gonna be really tricky.
Old Posted 09-19-2023, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6729  
We believe in you.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-19-2023, 03:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I'm gonna try re-doing most of the decals tonight...after I clear off a table so I have a more steady work surface and see if it helps.
But whatever gets done tonight is what I have to use because I'm not gonna have time to do them again if I want to finish the nails by Friday.
Old Posted 09-19-2023, 05:18 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6731  
Do you have a magnifier? Would one help?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-19-2023, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
No and probably not. A steadier hand than I'm blessed with, smaller images than I have physically printed out, a light table, and some artistic skill would. But I don't have any of those either.

Update: May re-attempt one of the decals again tonight, but I think the other 4 are good enough now and I'm not gonna spend another 2+ hours on them. Especially since I still have to actually paint the base colors on one hand and do gradients on the other.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 09-20-2023 at 03:15 PM.
Old Posted 09-19-2023, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6733  
Rooting for you.

Got more work done on the showpiece doll for the sale, and also mostly finished a little crochet bag to put a bar of soap into. Just need to finish the draw string. Eyes gave out and hands started hurting though, so I had to pause.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-20-2023, 10:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh. One of the only clear polishes I have for making decals is really shit so it smudged the hell out of my hours of work and because I don't have a car, I can't just go buy the good stuff I need on my lunch or anything. xP
(The other clear polishes I have aren't much better tbh, so I'm kinda screwed.)
So I can either just leave my nails, use the smudged to hell decals, or try to remake them and get them on between 6pm and 12am tonight.

Oooh, heck yeah. Make cool things!

Update: Finished the nails! Still messed up one a bit, but they're good enough.

Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 09-22-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old Posted 09-21-2023, 11:46 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6735  
They're better than I could do! :D

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-22-2023, 10:52 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Just finished practicing my make up for Halloween... I'm in love
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 09-24-2023, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote