Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Default   #17  
I will ask her, because she's pretty good at coding stuff and designing them. :D
Old Posted 03-13-2017, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless

Not sure if you guys are notified when I quote you?? Sorry x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I'm so excited to see what you guys have in store for us. ^^ Also, Aly is really good at making layouts and designs. :D I don't know if she's willing to volunteer though. :3
Don't talk me up too much hun!
Plus not sure if I can do anything official because it'd be a conflict of interest with Cae >n<'

If I can though I'd like to do bits here and there if needed though D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
If someone really has that much of an interest in helping out with the design I can put up more of the plans I've been working on.

There are a few visual language elements I want to hold on to (specific shapes representing specific behaviors, like containers having one rounded top corner and clickable things having one rounded bottom corner) and I'm trying to capture a modern sort-of-minimal "Material Design"-ish feel without giving up too many of the old-school design elements (to keep a sense of thematic continuity and to try to evoke a sense of intentional anachronism) but I'm totally open to improving on the visuals.
I am not very knowledgeable about backend - but I thrive from CSS :'D
If there's anything small I can help out with or have input to, don't be afraid to let me know or I can make up some examples or something
//totally not jumping into the deep-end oops

Old Posted 03-14-2017, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #19  
While you guys at it, I think having custom profiles would be nice. ^^
Old Posted 03-14-2017, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Custom profiles have historically been something we'd been avoiding. We're definitely not going to do something as flexible as Gaia's. We DO want to give you a few more things you can do on your profile page to personalize it, but that's rather far down the list compared to things we think are going to make a bigger difference on how much people like the site.

No, we don't have notifications when you get quoted. THAT one is actually on the shortlist.

As for the layout... I'm not too worried about the technical details. I AM a professional; I've been building websites nearly as long as there's been a web to build them for -- when I built my first site I was using Netscape Navigator 1.0 in 1995. You give me a picture, I can turn it into a website. (And in fact I've done exactly that on multiple occasions as part of my job. I think I'm most proud of this one -- this USED to be Flash!)

But yeah, if you're serious... let me finish building the mockups that I've been working on and we can see what improvements can be made.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-14-2017, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote