Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Tragic Jester
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uke View Post
I agree with that first statement, Vox. C:

There are some pretty dark cartoons on today if you look. Also quite a few sexual undertones... its just the ones on stations meant for little LITTLE kids and the ones that are on really early that are cutesy and about singing.
Yeah, the word "sexy" is being used a bit more now, I think. And how has The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy not been talked about? That show was pretty dark, I think near the beginning of one of the movies, a squirrel gets flattened, then gives up the thumbs up sign to show he's still alive.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 12:17 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
      • tara:
        true billy and mandy was a very crud show but it was not where near
        as dark as courage the cowardly dog. And T.U.F.F puppy isn't that bad but h i wouldn't recommend it. I can't stand MAD TV it's not funny to me and kind of a waste of space. but regular show is really pushing it. XD "What the F we have to stop this S" It's so close to cussing it's hilarious and they still air it. Sym-Bionic s a good show, it didn't think it was going to be but after watching season one of it it's great <3 OH! and you can't forget young justice! i'm like in love with that show (aqualad and superboy anyway) I was so geeked when i saw the promo's for it and wasn't disappointed at all.

]uke:
        i really hate those shows! little kids aren't even up that early to be watching them anyway and they cute into my time. it's really weird how they do it though. they show regular then cutesy then regular like six hours later. or sometimes in in prime time.

pog:
        they are making a new season of ALA <3 this time with a female
        water bending avatar and the leeks look damn good like the first season.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #19  
Courage the Cowardly Dog was epic in comedy, art, story, charcter, and weirdness. I will never find a cartoon that could ever hope to top it. Mad TV is bad, but I have a bad sense of humor sometimes, so it appeals to me in that sense. Or maybe it is just pure terrible and I managed to see the episodes that made me laugh, who knows. I don't have TV service, so a lot of these new shows I've barely seen, the only exception being Adventure Time!. (I found a website that shows them. :P Hey, I've bought two Adventure Time! t-shirts, so it's not like I'm robbing from them COMPLETELY.) Regular Show I never got into, it seemed kinda dull to me. I've never seen Young Justice.

Cutesy shows though. Definitely annoying. Educational for the little ones, maybe, but annoying and grating to the core.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
The only time I watch something on the internet is anime cause it's cheaper for me to watch it on the computer than to buy the DVD set and I can only watch it once and then I feel like it's a waste of money.

As well as the anime videos on the internet last longer on the website than trying to find it in B&N, Borders, eBay, Amazon, or even try to find it on Salesmanb2b.

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #21  
I don't watch anime much. I like Ghost in the Shell and FLCL, but even then, I only watch it if it's already on. I don't think anime's bad, just that I always get recommended bad animes. So help me if I have to sit through one more shriek-y girl character whose base personality is "kawaii".
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 01:40 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
there are some animes where the girls aren't the overly developed babies. There are some (not many) where they're like tomboys in a way, strong confident and as well as looking natural (not under the knife)

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 01:43 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #23  
I would ask for some titles, but I already fill my life with too much computer time, I don't need more time wasters. XD
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
      • tara:
        i don't think anyone will ever try to top that show xD they couldn't get away with all of it even if they tried. and trying to find a network that would show it would be impossible. Reg. Show seemed dumb to me until my friend went on and on about it soi watched to to shut him up and it's really weird. like off the wall weird and you never see most of the dumb stuff coming. YJ is awesome * 0 * it's a marvel cartoon so that alone is going to make it good since most cartoon movies.shows released by comic producing are cool. it's not mindless like some cartoons.

i don't even like kids watch them T: i've never seen my young cousins take a interest in them. mostly they watch what i watch xD

echo:
        i'm not a big anime watcher. i really prefer reading manga and going to buy it. it's just not the same if you watch it or read it online. if i really love a series i'll buy it and re-read it cause it's just that good xD i try my best to give money back to the artist (is a artist) is i'm that in love with it. i don't really read/watch that section of anime. i read seien for the for part. the super dark twisted physiological manga xD those are always the best and have wonderful character depth.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #25  
Well, maybe I'll try watching Regular Show again some time. First impressions aren't always accurate, y'know? Especially the very first episodes, which is what I saw. I'll check out Young Justice too. Y'know, I'm not a big super hero fan, but every once in a while I'll find a series that catches my eye.

Some years ago, I was babysitting for a neighbor and their kids were watching this one show that was so repetitive I wanted to bust the TV. At one point the characters were just singing "Brushing your teeth is fun!" for about thirty seconds straight. No other lines. Just that. In unison. For half a minute. I felt like I was being brain washed or something.
Last edited by Taradiddle; 02-03-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
      • i still haven seen the first episode xD
        but if you like adventure time you'll like this one too.
        i think it's the same artist too. i love super hero shows.
        i don't know why xD maybe because i love comics so much
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #27  
Haha, Adventure Time! is created by Pendleton Ward, while Regular Show is created by JG Quintel. JG Quintel did work on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, whose creator Thurop Van Orman is friends with both Pendleton Ward and JG Quintel, so similarities are bound to happen.

I'm starting to think: Become friends with Thurop Van Orman, get your own show. XD

Yeah, I love comics too, but Batman is the only super hero I can really get into, and even then he's technically not a super hero. Which is weird, because when I THINK about super heroes, I think they're awesome. But then seeing them... I dunno. I dunno what happens.

On the other hand, I did like Teen Titans, and it's not just because I'm a fan of Tara Strong and Hynden Walch. XD I liked the struggles the characters had both internally and externally.
Last edited by Taradiddle; 02-03-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
      • really xD cause they are so similar!
        i might keep that in mind when i'm looking for a job
        out of college

lol that doesn't make any scene 8D i have my highs and lows with
        them. one minute i'm in love with them then the next id on't really
        care.

me too <3 i don't think i saw the ending or if it had one. they just stopped airing it. then you'll like YJ it has most of them in there
        but it's still early so i don't know who's going to make a appearance. but robins in there and he isn't the leader xD black aqualad is! AL is probably
        the most awesome thing thing to grace a squad of young super heroes. he's strong and his powers are electricity and biomorphichydro weapons. xD
        but the suck thing is, it doesn't repeat through the week.
        just on fridays so if you miss it ya got to search for it.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradiddle View Post
I would ask for some titles, but I already fill my life with too much computer time, I don't need more time wasters. XD
I don't have cable nor ever cause for me. My mom's going to get me the Netflix channel/ or the netflix converter box than cable

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
We rent movies from Netflix, but I usually watch stuff from them online. Especially MST3K. *rubs belly* Mmmm... MST3K....

Yeah, I'm not sure how Teen Titans ended either, but I can certainly look it up.
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #31  
They ended Teen Titans with a full Length movie of them in Tokyo. and FINALLY Starfire and Robin kissed..in the rain so it reminded me of t.A.T.u "All the Things She Said"

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
>:[ I saw that movie, how did I not remember it???

t.A.T.u. is alright, but now I'll have to kill you because that song has popped into my head and I can't get it out. *stares at you to death*
Old Posted 02-03-2011, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote