Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default Winter Hearts   #1  
Yuki was all alone high on top of the mountain where she lives and never come into contact with people. It was perfect for skiing, snowboarding and other snow activities of the like since this mountain was constantly covered in snow and it never went or even close to the melting point of snow. This place on earth was devoid of any heat and yet she was never cold. She had her own body guard, a large pure white wolf who kept her company and yet she was still lonely. Seeing humans together having fun, she often wished sh could join them but her existence shouldn't be known to anyone. The mountain never had a lot of people on it which made her all the more lonely. Her wolf companion could only do so much. But she noticed a man out in the distance getting ready to ski down. It was quite dangerous for him to be alone. She decided to keep an eye on him, not that she was allowed to save hi if anything happened but still, she just wanted to watch. Getting closer and closer, Yuki was well hidden behind the trees as she was just a short distance away from him in a matter of seconds.

Old Posted 03-10-2016, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Yemon was grumbling about how cumbersome the skiis were, not quite used them them yet, but getting better, almost good enough to teach like he was trying to do. He doesn't know how well he'll do with that, but even if that doesn't work out being a live-in maintenance worker wasn't too bad either. There wasn't anyone around, so if he messed up there wasn't anyone to laugh at him, so he gets ready for the plunge. Going down the side he's wobbly at first, but steadies as he goes. He gains more confidence, but doesn't see the ice patch on the slope, spinning out of control. Panicking he doesn't know what to do and just tries to keep himself upright.

Old Posted 03-10-2016, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #3  
Yuki followed him, seemingly to glide like he was with the skiis. She watched him spin out of control and debated whether or not she should help him. She had never witnessed a death of a human and if this continued, she would have to break the rule, it wasn't like there was a force stopping her from protecting him. Taking in a deep breath, she whistled for her companion while he did his own thing at times, though he was never far off. The wolf was there instantly, hopping onto his back, she got him to go to the man, grabbing his arm and lifting him up onto the wolf. Going down to the bottom of the mountain, in the wooded area, she hopped off the wolf, helping the human down also. "I have seen many people ski on my mountain, it's not to be taken lightly." She warned. "You could have died you know. I don't know if I will be able to save you next time so bring someone along." She warned.
Old Posted 03-10-2016, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Everything happened so quickly Yemon wasn't sure what was going on. One second he was out of control on his skiis, then was suddenly on the wolf holding onto the woman riding it. All he could do at first was just stare at her in surprise, then finally his brain starts working again, "Why would it matter to a complete stranger if I had ended up dead? Though I am grateful that you helped me. If there's anything I can do to help you tell me." His expression was natural, not really caring either way, but he did watch the wolf, not having seen such a friendly one before. At the same time he takes in the woman's appearance, which was unusual to him, even for his village he's from.

Looking at the sky he notices that its getting darker as time goes by and that he'd have to leave soon. He wonders if it would be faster to try climbing back up to the lodge or try to find the bus down at the base and show them his ID to get a lift back up. Either way it will be long past dark before he gets back.

Old Posted 03-11-2016, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #5  
Yuki just stared at him curiously. "Well, how would you feel if you saw someone in need and you knew you could do something about it and yet did nothing? I don't know if I will get into trouble for saving you but I much rather be punished than to have the memory of your death burn into conscious." The cold wind whipped her long silver hair back. Her exposed pal skin didn't even show any signs of getting cold, but one would think with how light her pure white dress was that she would be cold. Her beauty was strange, otherworldly in fact.

It took a bit of time before she registered what was happening at this moment. She was actually talking to a human! Her eyes lit up as her mouth showed no signs of a smile. She didn't want him to go so she thought of a plan. "Was that your first time skiing?" She questioned as she looked up to see snow clouds coming in. "It looks like it will snow, do you want to come with me? Or are you wanting to leave?" She asked. "I heard it is going to be a nasty snow storm."
Old Posted 03-11-2016, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Yemon scratches his head, "To be honest I'd probably help, but only because of the morals I posses, not everyone has the same morals as me. I've experienced that more than enough times back home." He looks at her curiously, wondering who this unnaturally beautiful woman was and how she could withstand such cold weather, that dress was not meant for freezing temperatures.

"No, it wasn't, but I'm still fairly new. I didn't see that ice patch, I can't afford getting all the ski equipment, and the goggles help with the glare on the slopes. But I don't have a pair, but its not like you're required to have them, but its usually for the shallower slopes that people don't bother wearing them." At the mention of possible snow he covers his eyes with his hand and looks up, seeing hints of the sky greying. Sighing he lowers his head and looks to the strange woman, "Either way its a long trek to where I need to go, and I won't be able to get back before the storm before the looks of it. If you're taking me to someplace nearby that would be better than trying to brave the storm." He shakes the snow off the skis and uses them like snow shoes to follow her.

Old Posted 03-11-2016, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #7  
"Even if I get into trouble, I don't mind. I have never witnessed a human death before." Yuki froze as she said the word human, he must realize by now that she wasn't and by saying that just confirms it. But she wasn't about to admit to anything. Yuki didn't realize that he could have taken it that she saw animals die but not a person.

Noticing him wearing the skis she cocked her head slightly to the side out of curiosity. "We're not walking. She knew of some cabins that were seemingly abandoned by people before. She was rather excited as he said that he would stay, she knew that she couldn't make the storm last for too long, just overnight and maybe into the morning but her plan worked perfectly. Calling for the wolf, seeing as how it went to do its own thing again, the wolf heard and was back immediately. Grabbing onto the man's hand, she felt how warm he was, she looked at him utterly shocked. Her skin was icy cold. Curiosity getting the better of her, she began touching his face seeing if it was warm also. Realizing that it must have been strange for her to do that, she took her cold yet soft, elegant long hands off of him and grabbed his warm hand again. She jumped up onto the wolf's back easily. The wolf was as big as a horse, if not a bit bigger and she effortlessly jumped up onto its back.

"This mountain is huge. Its my home so I have seen a few people who ski and sled. But it's really dangerous because it is heavily wooded in certain areas. My wolf likes roaming around there mostly but he stays close to me."She rubbed his ears. "His name is Kiba. He's very protective over me." It was just a matter of minutes before the arrived despite how far they actually traveled from where they once stood. The snow came down in full force once they arrived and got inside. Snow had fallen from a tree top and barricaded the door which wasn't actually her doing. The cabin wasn't abandoned looking, there were blankets, logs for the fire place, everything but food and drinks. "Maybe it's not abandoned. I didn't know that. If it's not abandoned then why would someone hardly ever come here?" Yuki didn't realize that this was just a vacation home and that it wasn't meant to live in for long periods of time. "If you're hungry my wolf will go get us some food." She told him.
Old Posted 03-11-2016, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
He doesn't think much of what she says about humans dying, he's seen plenty of animals die but not humans himself. When she grabs his hand though he realizes her hands were ice cold, making him think that her clothing really wasn't enough for her after all. The coldness touching his face makes him shiver, "What? I don't have a fever or anything." When Kiba is introduced to him, he cautiously reaches out and pets him, scratching him behind his other ear a bit before letting this woman help him up on the wolf.

When the reach the cabin he hurries in and quickly shuts the door behind them. Looking around he realizes its one of the vacation homes scattered across the mountain. When she mentions Kiba getting them food he shakes his head, "There's no need for that, this is a cabin run by the lodge I work at, there should be some food already here. It's stocked during the off seasons in case people get stuck during blizzards. Here, I'll show you." Going over to a cabinet he opens it up to reveal some canned foods. Mostly thing like canned veggies, salmon and things kids would eat like spaghetti-o's.

Old Posted 03-11-2016, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #9  
Kiba thoroughly enjoyed the scratching. behind his ear. But he wasn't going to let down his guard too much since he needed to protect Yuki, no matter who or what it was that tried to cause her harm.

The cabin was warmer than the outside and she could feel it. She didn't care for the degree difference between being outside and being inside. She tried to not show that she was becoming rather weak. Grabbing a can from the cabinet, she just stared at it confusingly. "It's nothing but rock with a weird design. She licked it and furrowed her eyebrows. "I much rather have an animal to eat, thank you though." She told him. Beads of water, which looked like sweat began to roll down her face. She could feel her body weaken but she did her best to keep it under control. Oh, I never introduced myself, I'm Yuki." She told him.
Old Posted 03-12-2016, 11:03 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
His look is one of confusion, wondering how had never had canned food before, but he does notice that she's sweating for some odd reason. A nervous sweat maybe? He wasn't sure, but begins looking for a can opener, soon finding one. "I didn't introduce myself either, so don't feel bad Yuki. My name is Yemon, Yemon Kita, and give me a second and I'll have the can open." He finally finds the can opener and uses it to pop the lid off one of the Spaghetti-o's. Grabbing a spoon he hands her the can with the spoon stuck in it to try while he opens another can for himself and one of the cans of veggies for them both to share. "It's best if we stay inside and stay out of the storm. You don't need to heat anything up, anything canned can be eaten cold. The downside to cans are the salt content in them."

Old Posted 03-12-2016, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #11  
Yuki stared at the spoon curiously and then looked into the thing he had called a can. "Salt content?" She wasn't sure what that meant but it must have been bad since he said it was a downside. Watching Yemon, she copied how he used the spoon to eat the food. She found it rather hot, like inside this cabin. "I thought you said it was cold." She told him. Even the animals she would eat, she always made sure that their meat was cold before eating it because that would have been too extreme of heat for her. Yuki didn't even notice the taste of the spaghetti-o's. She was still sweating from how warm it was in the cabin. Every degree counted for her and even though it wasn't like the heat was blasting in there, she could feel such a significant difference.
Old Posted 03-12-2016, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
"Hmm? Well, I meant not heated up. Usually these are cooked to be hot meals, but I guess to someone who doesn't seem to have had one before it wouldn't feel cold. And are you alright? You're sweating an awful lot there." Grabbing a paper towel from the counter he dabs it at her face some to get the sweat dripping down.

"I would have thought that you'd be freezing outside dressed like that, but I guess you just have an unusual tolerance for cold weather and hardly any tolerance for warm. I've heard of people with poor blood circulation getting cold easily, but that's the opposite of you. Maybe warm blooded would be it?" He continues eating his meal, not really a fan of it, but he did need some carbs for his trip back to the lodge. So he can't just eat the veggies, which he was now dumping half of it into the now empty can of Spaghetti-o's.

Old Posted 03-12-2016, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #13  
"Hot meals? No thank you. I have to make sure that everything is icy cold before I eat it." Yuki told him. She looked down at his hand as he dabs the sweat. "I'm fine. I uh, just have an unnatural body temperature to where I get really hot very easily. Really, anything above the freezing point of water is too hot, even if its just by a few degrees. So I stay here where there's snow. My clothing are made of this material that helps keep me cool. Even food temperature gets to me so I have to have everything ice cold." She explained. "But...what about you? Do you like the cold?" She asked curiously. Despite not ever smiling, she seemed rather friendly enough. "And tomorrow, I can take you as close to where you have to go as possible. I...I really can't have anyone knowing about me so please don't mention me, my name or my wolf ok?" She told him. "Do you have any family or friends who would miss you if anything ever happened to you?" She asked.
Old Posted 03-12-2016, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
A brow raises as Yemon hears all of this, the more she told him the less she even sounded like she was even human. With the mention of her body having to be kept at freezing temperatures and the special clothing he realizes that she must not be human, "Me? The cold doesn't bother me too much, or at least not as much as most other people. But humans can die if they get too cold, there's many a person who has died in such storms." He eats some more of the veggies, grunting a bit at her mentioning family.

"That would be fine with me, but why not tell anyone? I can understand your wolf, Kiba, but why not you? I already know about you since you're sitting here talking to me. Not to mention with what you said earlier you made it apparent that you're not human. As for my family, let's just say me and my family don't really see eye to eye, and I'm a bit of an outcast to them. I haven't spoken to them in a few years, and they haven't tried speaking to me either. None of them tried to stop me when I left, and if anything everyone was glad to be gone. That's just how things are for me."

Old Posted 03-12-2016, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #15  
Her eyes grew wide as she heard him say that she wasn't human. Her body began to tremble as her heart pounded against her chest. How did he even know? What gave it away? She sighed as she tried to calm down. "I-I'm human. Don't make such an absurd comment!" She told him. If he didn't believe her she didn't know what she would do. She couldn't let him go back to the humans and talk about her! "My condition is just very rare among humans. There's only five of us who are like this!" She told him hoping to convince him that she was human. "It's just, I have been living out here all of my life, I don't know much things." She was still shaking like a leaf as she just hoped that maybe, just maybe he would buy it.

"That's really sad. I just have Kiba, I have never spoken to anyone since all I can remember. My family gave up on trying to cure me and didn't want their house constantly freezing so I was forced to leave and live here. You're the first human I have talked to since then." Honestly, she didn't know if she even had a family. She actually didn't know much about herself, only her real name and that she wasn't allowed to interfere with humans' fate.
Old Posted 03-12-2016, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Sighing Yemon shakes his head, "I'm not going to do anything to you. Normally it would be the other way around, most other humans would be terrified of you." Finishing off the can he gets up and rinses it off in the sink and sets it on the counter. "Well, to my family and the village I'm from I was the trouble maker. They believed in the concept that the strong should be on top and the others would bully those weaker than them. I never liked that so I pushed back and tried to help those that got bullied. But things just got worse and even those I helped started to not want anything to do with me. So when I got old enough to I left, got my certificate saying I made it through high school and then went looking for a job. I only landed this job because of being able to withstand the cold and having lived in the mountains before coming here. I mean, I'm thankful for my parents having given birth to me, but other than that I want nothing to do with them and they want nothing to do with me." Going to the fridge he opens the freezer section. Grabbing the ice cube tray he holds it out to her, "Here, these will probably help you feel better. Or maybe getting into the fridge since its probably colder in there than in the rest of the cottage."

Old Posted 03-13-2016, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote