Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #33  
So the days continued to pass. Soon they would be leaving the country.

Laurel was getting more worried about not being with her father when he woke. She was almost too persistent about it. Kale commented to Blaze one night that something seemed a bit off when she talked about her father.

"It's like something earth-ending will happen if she's not the first thing he sees." he said between bites of captain crunch.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
"Huh," Blaze noted. "Well, it seems like something Laurel would panic about. But, for whatever reason, Yue and Cong seem content bending to Laurel's will. The only issue I foresee is getting Laurel to leave the country so soon after reuniting with her father."
Last edited by Kaliko; 02-06-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #35  
"Leave the country?" Kale asked, mouth full. "You mean with her father? I heard Yue wants to move Laurel's father to some other country. This will be interesting as far at the others are concerned. Will those that were left at the mansion join Laurel with her father or will her father be moved again back to James's home? So troublesome." he sighed.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Blaze blinked. "Oh, I assumed James was still going to force Laurel to come on the search for the laboratory," she explained. "It's pretty cruel to let her talk to her father after so many years and then force her to leave after a day or two at most. But I don't think it would be a good idea to move Laurel's father to James place. At least not when the Neonates are gone. Sheng has less power outside the US."
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #37  
Kale blinked, "Who's Sheng again? Yue's brother or something?"
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Blaze nodded as she took another bite of meatloaf.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #39  
Kale downed a pixie stick before sighing, "And he's turned against us? Or at least Laurel?"
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
"Uh..." Blaze mused after she swallowed. "It's... pretty complicated... But basically he's under obligation to kill us if he figures out where we are." She took another bite. "Well," Blaze continued through a mouth full of food, "technically he'd turn us in. But he'd probably be merciful and just kill us if he had the opportunity to not draw any suspicion by doing so. Unless things have gotten worse on his end, which they probably have... I'm actually kind of glad I'm on this end. The upheaval right now must be mind boggling."
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #41  
Kale chuckled, "You escaped right before the storm broke out, hmm?" he mused as he poured himself another bowl of cereal. "And this all has to do with that chip in Laurel's monkey?" he asked before taking a large bite.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
"Eh, not all of it," Blaze replied. "But I probably wouldn't be here if it hadn't been discovered."
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #43  
"Well in that case I'm glad it was discovered." Kale smirked, "You're the only tolerable one around here." Then he paused, "Hey..." he murmured, leaning in closer to her, "I heard you've read Nic's back story. What's up with that kid?"
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Blaze suddenly grew very quiet and stopped eating. "... It'd probably be better if I kept my mouth shut on this one," she decided.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #45  
"That's alright, Blaze." Kale chuckled, "It'll come out in good time." he shrugged as he grabbed a banana and began peeling. Then he sighed, "It would be good for everyone's moral around here if we could find some clue to the location of Thomas's Lab." he murmured before chomping down on his banana.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Blaze blinked, looking a little confused as Kale at the banana that wasn't covered in sprinkles or chocolate. But she didn't say anything. "Well, I didn't hear about it until you guys mentioned it. It's like searching for Atlantis."
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #47  
Kale sighed with a nod, "It might very well be under the sea for all we know." he shrugged before looking curiously at Blaze, "You should eat more sugar." he suddenly stated, "It's more effective than caffeine and your body doesn't grow immune to it the more you eat." he pitched as he dumped a pixie stick on his banana, "Plus, the crash after the fact isn't that bad."
Last edited by Rinrou; 02-06-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
"My body is very particular about what I put in it," Blaze explained.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote