Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #17  
Over the course of the next two weeks, Laurel learned quite of few of the dances and joined James on stage. They preformed in front of thousands upon thousands of screaming fans. A few of the girls worked as backup dancers as the Neonates controlled the music and backdrops.

James lay off Yue for the first week, checking in from time to time to see how she was fairing. But by the second week he was back to his usual, annoying antics.

Laurel managed to Skype Nic once, chatting away like she usually did and not giving him much room to talk. Not that he would have anyway. She seemed to be enjoying herself and gushed quite a lot about being on stage with James.

Kale chatted with Blaze at night, when he was up and she couldn't sleep. He seemed to enjoy her company the most. He liked her wit. Every time Blaze saw his eat, it seemed to be sugar-based things.

Pepper continued to not get along with pretty much everyone but Snow calmed her down. Wolfe was hardly every seen when he was not on stage and Frei might as well have been invisible.

At night the Neonates disappeared, returning just before sunrise. Their tempers flared a little as the days grew on and they still had found nothing. It wouldn't be long until they left the USA though so they remained hopeful that they would find something in Europe.

Back at the mansion, the girls left the remaining group members alone for the most part. Anna checked in with Nic a few times but gave him is space. Bee, on the other hand, was practically inseparable with Raven. They always had a grand old time together.

Lucy continued to rip apart most things in site. Dan had her hands full with that one. Amela continued to have a knack for showing up in the darnedest places. She seemed to be around Nic a lot though, it was clear she missed Laurel.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Ming Yue kept to herself a lot. Her temper flared up randomly, but she claimed she'd start feeling better once they left the US.

Blaze bonded with the Neonates whenever they gave her the chance. As the nights increased in number, she seemed to become a lot more comfortable hanging out with Kale. She never commented on his eating habits. Soon she was staying up late and sleeping until noon.

Back at the mansion, Raven was enjoying spending time with Bee. But he seemed to quickly get bored with doing virtually nothing productive all day. So he decided he wanted to learn... something. So he spent a few days trying to figure out what that something was.

Dan kept to herself. The only places she could be found were the art room, with the animals, or in her room. Her face was a lot more downcast than it usually was.

Nic spent a few days starting at his computer screen before suddenly taking it upon himself to mess with one of James' motorcycles, which he spent over a week working on.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #19  
Bee showed Raven to a virtual library to let him research whatever he wanted. "You want to learn a trade? Like carpentry or cooking?" she asked.

Meanwhile Laurel's father had been steadily increasing in health since being put in adequate care. He was showing signs of waking.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
"I already have a basic knowledge of both," Raven explained. "But I'm not sure if I want to learn a trade. Maybe something more specialized since there are so many resources here."

Yue let out a deep sigh as she got a call from Cong and had a long conversation with him. "Are you sure?" he asked near the end.

"Yeah," Yue replied grudgingly. "It's a risk , but it's better for all our safety."

Cong groaned. "You owe me big for this," he complained.

"I know," Yue replied with a sigh.

"... You've... changed somehow," Cong noted. Yue hung up.
Last edited by Kaliko; 02-06-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #21  
Bee nodded, "Maybe you should built a boat. Like out of a log." she suggested, "Wasn't that... like a primal passage to manhood?" she seemed to be serious.

Laurel seemed be more interested in how in her dad was doing. She seemed a little afraid to ask Yue directly though.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
"... Huh..." Raven mused. "I did that when I was like... eleven or twelve or something." And with that he went back to his research.

Yue didn't bring up Laurel's father when she was around the others. Or much of anything else really. Besides her desire to get out of the states.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #23  
Laurel finally went up to Yue directly, "Do you have any new information on my father?" she asked quietly.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Yue sighed a little, wishing Laurel hadn't worked up the courage. She took her aside and explained that Cong was currently in the process of moving him out of the states.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #25  
Laurel looked shocked, "Wait... W-Why?" she asked, confused, "Is he stable enough to be moved like that?" she asked worriedly.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Yue crossed her arms. "... There are signs that he might wake up in the near future," she explained calmly.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #27  
Laurel's eyes widened, "What?" she exclaimed loudly, "He... he might wake up?!" She suddenly started fidgeting, "I need to be there... when he wakes up. I need to be there." she said quietly, "Where is he? How do I get there?"
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 03:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Yue sighed a little. "Calm down," she told Laurel. "I know. Cong will do his best to keep him asleep until you get there. As soon as they are both safe I'll let you know exactly where."
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #29  
Laurel blinked before suddenly hugging Yue around the neck tightly, "Thank you, Yue. Thank you so much!" she whispered, near tears.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Yue didn't hug back, hoping she'd go run off and chatter everyone elses' ears off.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #31  
Laurel paused a moment before letting go and smiling at Yue, "I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. If there's ever something I can do to help, I will help you in return." she nodded before running off.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Yue rolled her eyes a little as Laurel ran off before going back into hiding.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 04:15 AM Reply With Quote