Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #6801  
*follows that shop*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-22-2023, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yay! Thanks! 8D

Have, thanks to a couple of friends ordering, noticed and been able to work out a few minor kinks, but am excited to get another batch of adventure buddies ready and up!
Am gonna try to knock out a bunch of Wips (like 3 or 4 probably) tomorrow since a friend and I are gonna do a craft day, and get one more batch up before Christmas. Then maybe try to get a minimum of 4 done per month after that and just have a monthly upload. Or maybe every other month depending on how sales are doing at that point.
I know Rua the fox had a few people potentially interested so I'll have to see about making more foxes soon too.

And in other not Etsy store rambles/news, my bathtub faucet is leaking! Pretty badly! So I'll have to do a massive cleaning/hiding the mess day so they don't decide to threaten to evict me again because I forgot to wash the dishes from the night before or haven't been able to do wash all my laundry because of their inadequate facilities where you can only do 2-3 small loads before the sink the washer drains into overflows and there's only a single washer and dryer so you have to get lucky and hope no one's using it on your day off...or I haven't mopped the floor yet. Landlords are the freaking worst.
Tbh if it wasn't for the fact that the plumbing is ancient, I'd probably just fix it myself.
But I have part of the weekend for that...mainly Sunday morning and evening...and same on Monday. Then Tuesday (or Monday night) I can put in the maintenance request and fingers crossed they come in the morning before I have work.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-25-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old Posted 11-25-2023, 03:44 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6803  
...Sink the washer drains into...

:O
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-25-2023, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean...it's a laundry room sink. Big, deep double-sided sink meant to be used for hand-washing items. But the way the laundry room is set up, the washing machine drains into the sink. Which would probably be fine except all the hair and lint ends up plugging up the drain and pipes and the landlords don't really bother maintaining the area at all.
Old Posted 11-26-2023, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6805  
That could get THEM in trouble with some people. Wow.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-26-2023, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
But who's gonna stop them? They own the building.
Old Posted 11-27-2023, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6807  
tenants have rights too, and you may be able to report them to the BBB or to DHS
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-28-2023, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
And they'd weasel out of anything I reported because technically they probably don't even have to have a laundry facility at all.
Old Posted 11-28-2023, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6809  
that's when you document with pictures. and document, and document, and make copies in triplicate, storing one in a safe place that they can't get to, one with someone you trust, and the third you take in to report them.

Quote:
Old Posted 12-01-2023, 03:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean, as far as the laundry area goes, they can still weasel out of anything because, again, they are not required to provide a laundry area and machines. Laundry is an amenity, not a requirement. We complain or report them to anyone and they can just remove the laundry facilities entirely and it would be perfectly legal.
Old Posted 12-01-2023, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6811  
if they put it in writing in the lease agreement that they would provide laundry facilities and then they take those facilities away, that's technically a violation of the contract.

Quote:
Old Posted 12-03-2023, 03:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I'll have to check the lease again, if I can even find my copy of it (it's been like 4 or 5 years since I last had my hands on a physical lease) but I'm about 95% sure nothing mentioned the laundry room.
Old Posted 12-03-2023, 07:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6813  
definitely check the lease. I just have this gut feeling that your landlords are pulling some shady shit and I don't want you getting screwed over.

Quote:
Old Posted 12-05-2023, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean...find a landlord that doesn't pull shady shit and I'd bet my life they're not in the US.
They already screw us over with rent increases when wages aren't going up at all. My rent has gone from approximately 30% of my monthly income to being about 51% of my monthly income. And if the landlords have their way, it'll probably go even higher next year.
And while it's unethical, it's not illegal.
Old Posted 12-05-2023, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6815  
I got back in! Den rocks! Throw fresh, nicely wrapped, doughnuts at Den!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-07-2023, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I just let Toho and Coda know what was up, and they fixed things. Turns out you found a new bug.

also check your KOFK trades!

Quote:
Old Posted 12-07-2023, 04:38 PM Reply With Quote