Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #49  
We all need a good kick in the pants to get this thing rolling. I'm not even out of the box yet. Salone or Arri, feel free to god mod the NPC's, or jump forward to a future where the ship is fixed.

Espy, it's never too late. Drop your character on us anytime you feel like it!
Old Posted 08-09-2012, 02:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Yeah Arri. Let's unbox this girl. Poor thing stuck herself in the worst way to introduce a character.
Old Posted 08-16-2012, 09:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #51  
You mean the BEST way, I'm sure. Every good scI-fi needs a girl-in-a-box. It's just common sense.
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 03:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Future time now. Let's get going!
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #53  
Do I post again, or what? I don't want to cut off someone's turn. XD
Old Posted 08-23-2012, 09:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Don't see the harm in it. Technically I think we still need to crack Dolly open. Of course, now that we have stolen a box, first thing I'd like to do is peek inside it and see what we got away with. Maybe it's one of those trash grabber thingies that I wanted so badly.
Old Posted 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #55  
Oops didn't see this conversation before I posted. Hope I didn't muck up anyone's plans too much.
Old Posted 08-24-2012, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Nah, I think you're fine. Curious though, does she us? I figured we were still all in the cargo bay. Not sure if she just comes to in front of us or if we get to discover her in zany ways.
Old Posted 08-25-2012, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #57  
Ah... For some reason I assumed you were in the cockpit. Well, I could go ahead and edit it. Or perhaps she's out of sight. Or better yet, maybe she's still zoned out and is just completely ignoring their presence.
Old Posted 08-25-2012, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Name: Liam

Username: Espy

Height: 5'3

Weight: 120

Traits
Positive:
Mechanicking: Liam loves to tinker with and fix things, especially rather ancient-looking gadgets he steals finds.
Observative: Especially with regards to rich-looking and/or gullible people.
Decently agile: Although not as fleetfooted as he would like to be, Liam can still weave his way through crowds to shove his overly-confident self in front of unsuspecting ship captains in need of repairs. Of course, that's not at all due to his small frame...
Negative:
Mechanicking: Is also prone to blowing things up, and usually makes it out of the wreck in time to escape angry captains/patrolling guards. Usually.
Compulsive Liar: His lies get him into more trouble than out of. Perhaps it's because of their sheer ridiculousness?
Physically weak: If you threaten to beat him up, Liam will probably give you what you want. Or at least an imitation of it. In any fistfight, if he hasn't knocked the opponent out in the first half a minute, he's in deep shit.
Lazy dreamer: Instead of actually working, Liam can often be found asleep inside whichever ship he's supposed to be fixing. He's also been caught several times by his employers, just gazing off into space. Ask him enough, though, and he might tell you of the rainbow bunnies and swirling taffy he's been dreaming of.
Appearance:

History:
Picked up off the streets by a kind captain who he had been attempting to rob, Liam lived the next three years of his life aboard a ship as an apprentice mechanic, learning the trade from the crew. Then they stumbled upon some rather difficult times, and, unable to keep up with the repair costs of the ship and getting on in years, the captain sold the ship, with the whole crew, to an old merchant whose spoiled son sought to live the life of a rich captain. Only two months afterwards, the crew had all but deserted, and Liam was once again left to fend for himself.

...But with the added knowledge of ship repairing.

And only another year later, he has been kicked off as many ships as he has contracted (as a mechanic), and now seeks to simply repair docked ships...while scrounging through their contents and picking out the shiniest baubles, which he hawks around docking points, hoping someone gullible enough will buy them.
Old Posted 06-18-2013, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #59  
...Crew hands. /dying/

Found that amusing mostly since I went on a field trip in fourth grade that was basically a simulation of a sailor's life aboard a cargo ship in 1906.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-23-2013, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
That sounds great. We didn't take many field trips at my school, but...there really was not much around worth going to see.
Old Posted 06-24-2013, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #61  
For the record, and in case you didn't know, "deckhands" would be the proper term for crew members who did labor aboard a sailing ship.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-24-2013, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Oh, I know. Jack doesn't. He tries to get by on charm where knowledge, skill, and basic common sense fail him. He doesn't get by a lot.
Old Posted 06-25-2013, 12:27 PM Reply With Quote