Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default   #17  
@Hermes

Actually I would be okay with my boyfriend going out with his friends, be them male or female...since I should trust him enough to not cheat on me with one of them-male or female...since he should trust me not to cheat on him-female or male.

And without tests of resolve and the like, how can you know they truly love you...instead of they just haven't had the chance to find something better? Also, limiting what your love can do or the people they can be with....could ruin the relationship completely even if they would never cheat on you. Or it could lead to them cheating since they never get to do anything.

Because I would never date a guy that said I couldn't hang out with other guys. I wouldn't limit them like that and so I shall not be limited. Unless that female is this one person I know....one of my boyfriends in the past cheated on me with her. That's the only time I'd say anything (unless he's always with his friends and spending little to no time with me)
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Okay, I sorta take exception to all the 'oh you wouldn't want YOUR significant other hanging around a lot of gusy/girls' and if I say yes I'm lying? Uhm, what? My significant other is in another country at the moment, and his closest friends are women. Do I have ANY issue with this? No, why? because I trust him to TELL me if somethings up. And I know that it bugs him, so I try to keep him well informed about what I'm up to when there might be 'questionable' people around. As he's told me 'I trust you, I just don't trust them.'

I consider trust a HUGE part of a relationship. I would trust him in a room full of supermodel-strippers while I was home with the flue...if I could convince him to leave me while I was sick....
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #19  
I think Muse pretty much hit the nail on the head with all of the reasons that girls don't usually get along. Aside from the shopping thing - I could spend HOURS looking through thrift shops - Those are all valid reasons for friendships with women not succeeding. ;;
Also, I'm not old enough to drink, and me + alcohol = don't leave in a room with any even semi-attractive people. xD Boyfriend knows this too well.

Also, some people like to argue that you don't truly care about your significant other unless you DO get jealous. I happen to be the jealous type myself, and am only comforted by my boyfriend's crazy loyalty to me, and the fact that all of his female friends are married with children. Like Hermes said, it's the guys he doesn't trust. He's of the opinion that guys and girls are incapable of truly being "just friends" because first they're attracted physically, and then in the back of their minds they're always waiting for a chance to get in their pants.

If any of my male friends were already dating someone, I think that would make a significant difference. =/
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 11:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Again it's not can't hang out with the gender, period, it's that it IS inappropriate. Flat out, it is. I don't care how nice you think your guy friends are, somewhere in the back of their mind, if they're single or soon to be, they don't give a crap WHO you are dating, and the same goes for women. So, again, not "No guy/girl friends for you!" It's "Could you try not to constantly be out with a bunch of guys/girls...?"

It's not a trust thing. Trust is knowing they won't go out and never call, trust is knowing they won't go through your phone and get mad that you texted Larry twice more than you texted them, trust is knowing they aren't actively attempting to cheat on you.

But...shiz happens. Trust me, I've experienced this in the recent past. It's not that you don't trust them, but don't be so naive as to trust everyone else around them.

How come, it seems, everyone besides cupcake only saw the parts of my post that said "Liar" and "guy/girl friends"? When you read a post, be sure to read the whole thing ;3
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 08-22-2011, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #21  
Hope you find some nice girl friends! I on the other hand am like that but only i have never played soul calibur D: is it nice? :3
I see what you did there.
Old Posted 08-24-2011, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote