Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wayward Victorian Doll
Default I Can't Attract Any Girl Friends!   #1  
Lately I've been getting a lot of invitations from guys to go out and do stuff - and I've been stuck in this house so much, I would truly love to - but my boyfriend frowns on me having friends who are guys. Like, literally just frowns. He's only said once that he wants me to have more friends who are girls, and left it at that, so every time I mention going out and doing stuff with a guy he just frowns at me, and I know he doesn't want me to. <_<;

But... I can't find any nice girl friends who live near me!! I don't know what it is, but all of the girls around here are either lame or don't like me. =P

It's not my fault I can't find any super awesome girls who will do manicures AND watch horror/gory anime AND play Soul Calibur with me. D<

Has anyone else had an issue like this? And what is the deal with it anyway?
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 03:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
I know how you feel O_O Except I'm kinda the opposite..

I feel like if I hang out with any of my guy friends that I'm instantly going to be a target for anyone who doesn't like me to ruin my relationship by making up stupid stories about "what they saw" or "what they heard". This might seem really weird, but I feel like I'm cheating if I'm even alone in the same room with any of my guy friends without him around because I don't know what he thinks when I tell him something like that. I don't want him thinking I would ever do that to him because I know how it feels. I've never wanted to make anyone feel like I did, even before it happened to me.

To be completely honest I don't feel comfortable around a lot of my boyfriend's friends who are girls. He's had a thing for a lot of them at one point or another and I just don't like the thought of them being alone together. It's not jealousy or trust that's the issue. I don't even know what it is. I guess I get wrapped up in what could have come between my boyfriend and I getting together when we did if him and so-and-so got together for however long. Everything happens for a reason, but I get uneasy when I see any of his friends that he once had a thing for, and who probably had a thing for him too at some point. Maybe even the same time he did, but nothing serious happened between them. I guess I feel like they're going to flirt with him. They do have the tendency to ignore me when I'm around and keep eye contact with him.

I love him with everything I have in me, but sometimes I feel distant from everything, like I don't belong where I am and that he belongs with someone else that he's already been with, but I wouldn't let that happen because he deserves better.

As for girl friends in my area, no one here really likes me either lol. I don't know what it is, but I'm hoping to make some new friends who are girls when I find a job.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #3  
I have the opposite issue XD
I have a ton of girl friends and barely any guy friends. And ones I do have are all out of state.

Awesome Art courtesy of littl3chocobo
Demo's alter ego.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 06:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
I oddly enough stay fairly even with the number male/female friends I have. But then again guy nerds are easier for me to get along with than the manly men society wishes us to be. Not that they aren't manly but not quite so...I don't know. I guess just more common ground between us. All my female friends have been careful to include another guy around when we're alone thankfully. Except the ones of course who were trying to flirt with me...I've been cornered a couple times too >_<
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 09:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Mahou Shoujo
Default   #5  
Yeah... that's why I've found like 95% of my real life girl friends at anime cons.... no one around here shares my interests, and where I grew up, everyone hated me because I was so bold as to think for myself :/
I wish I could help you but... meh D:
Aiko wants MINDSLAVES, pm her to be one!
Mindslaves: 3
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
I barely have any chick friends-- Hermes is kind of okay with that. xD; But I feel your pain. My downfall is all the girls I'm friends with, try to be a BETTER version of me. I could literally sport a HUGE poofy pink skirt, and the next day, [insert girls name here] will have to wear a HUGE pink poofy skirt, WITH leggings, and all the extra fixes. I mean, flattery is nice and all, but I can NEVER be my own person. With guys, I don't have that issue. xD;
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #7  
try baby steps, are there any gatherings or events or places that girls gather that you would be interested in? if you only have one thing in common at first that is /ok/ get a couple casual friends then include them little bits at a time into the rest of your interests and the one/s who stick will be your friends

try loaning out books comics or movies related to your interests to potential friends you can get in contact with
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 03:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
xD Batty sets allll the trends! As much as I love you Batterz, I've got my own non-style to stick with. <_<

Man, I'd be scared to meet new friends at a con around here. People who go to them are nutzo (or so I hear).
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 03:54 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #9  
well go with one of those males friends just in case
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
See...I've an odd twist on that problem. I've quite a few female friends...but about 40% of them are lesbians. Which, mind you, doesn't really phase me at all, but I get the same reaction as though they were guys.

And don't assume Con goers are crazy, we're not, I swear! Just the reaaaaaaally young ones, and lets face it, you can lock them in the elevator and no one will miss them.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #11  
*shrug* Most of my friends are female, but, I literally tell Tori about my whole day, every day, and usually talk to her while I'm out, too.

Maybe try inviting him along to things? Shouldn't your friends be his friends too?
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 09:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I more or less have two people who live close to me who I can do anything with...my roommate, and my friend downstairs from me. Granted, I can't get out much...

Of course, I also don't technically have a jealous lover who would not want me to be out with anyone, boy or girl.

I don't think I can help much >< I'd hang out with you if I lived close to you Dolly!

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #13  
It's harder to be friends with girls in real life when you're a girl. O.o;
Personally- I find that A.) It's really annoying when they kind or rip off who you are and try to wear it like it's the new "Prada" bag or whatever girls wear. (Kind of like Batty said.) .. (-I don't usually have this problem.. I shop at the boy's section because their t-shirts are so much cooler D<)
B.) O.o; There's always that awkward moment when you like the same guy D<
And your friendship suddenly goes "OH HAI MR.WINDOW! LET ME HURL MYSELF OUT OF YOU!" which would be awful because- Like your boyfriend probably feels. You'd feel like they're trying to steal him away.
C.) They like to do these long ass fashion trips D<
Not sure if you're the type of girl that's into that. But I know- I refuse to go shopping with females O.o; Because they can't just Pop in and out and make up their minds D< Even if they go rarely.. It's for what feels like endless hours.
D.) Some of them are super-duper freakin sensitive D:

But- it is sorta nice to have the female conversation with someone about hair, and what you want to do with it. O.o;
Maybe- Honest to god try and wear super cute outfits. Not joking D< If you go to places regularly, and you see the same females there consistently. If you stand out, they might compliment you and WHAM BAM! New best friend xD

O.o; Note: I'm solely basing this on A.) being in highschool, and B.) (the compliment thing) because I have people (usually ladies with kids though..) compliment me and strike conversation, because I have t-shirts their kids like or junk. xD If you dress all cute like and stand out ish, you'll get noticed by girls, your guy friends might think it's weird but oh well.

OH OH OH! Try and go to a bar with the guys : o Maybe have the guys bring girlfriends, or like- O.o; Maybe have them lure in some girls? xD
Not sure if you're old enough to even drink. xD But I'm assuming so! But cha! : o And if you're looking for that Soul Calibur Heroine! Video game stores. The Females that work their.. Wicked awesome. xD
Same with Females who work at Hot Topic o.e; (If you're American).
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Your boyfriend needs to get over that problem.

He should trust you. Because without trust there is no love. -cheesy quote is a go!- And he doesn't seem to fully trust you. And I know this isn't the big problem, but does he have any friends that are female that he hangs out with? If so, why does he get to do that and he doesn't want you to do the same?

And if my boyfriend was like that, he'd have to go. My female friends (the few I have) are kind of tomboys...and most girls are about being really girly and shit which I am not. And most of my friends I'm around are guys. Never done shit with any of them.

I have nothing to actually help you. Since I make friends with guys easier. YAY VIDEO GAMES!
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 10:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #15  
Guys, if your boyfriend went out all the time with a bunch of girls, are you saying that would be totally ok with you? If you say yes, you're a liar.

I would be very uncomfortable if Tori regularly went out with a bunch of guys, in fact I would probably have a hard time staying with her if she was out with guys all the time, because it IS inappropriate, and it IS suspect.

And the same goes for her, she likes that I always try to keep mixed company, because if I was just hanging out with girls all the time, that would be highly suspect.

Yokuutsu, it wasn't that she has some guy friends- It's that they are ALL guys. Hanging out with some guys is one thing, but a bunch of them, and just them? That's an issue. It doesn't always mean he doesn't trust the girl, it usually means he doesn't trust the guys, and human nature.

It's kind of sickening that guys are expected to just be ok with everything, or they're garbage.

And...the suggestion to go to a bar was a pretty bad idea << If he has a problem with her hanging out with a bunch of guys all the time, do you really think he'll like it better if they're all going to a bar together? XD
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 06:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Marova Velenva
I have very few guy friends and very few girl friends, that might actually invite me to do things with them. I'm actually rarely invited to things I can go to. Idk why, maybe I'm boring or they are just really attentive to the fact I can't drive and have no job, lol. But, there isn't anyone who has to worry about this because it's just me. o;

I kinda agree with Hermes also, but I do think there are exceptions. If I was with a guy/girl who was always hanging out with the sex they're attracted to, I would be very suspicious and more than a little uncomfortable.

Я хочу быть с тобой.

Old Posted 08-21-2011, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote