Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #17  
I will say if you ever plan on getting anything without an outline, with a lot of fine details, or with a lot of really bright colors it would do it a lot of favors to be in a place where it doesn't see a lot of sun.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Keeping skin out of the sun as much as possible is just a good rule of thumb anyway... all four of my tattoos are in places that I can cover with clothing if need be and are easy for me to reach on my own to put sunscreen on if I'm not covering 'em with cloth.

Since I tend to wear sunscreen during the summer (I wear shorts and knee length skirts with t-shirts and blouses then) and spend the rest of the year in hoodies, I communicated with my artists about where the tattoos were to be. The one that gives me the most trouble (and it's really not that bad) is the one on my shoulder blade, because I have to go from the bottom to get some of it covered with sunscreen if I'm wearing something that shows it. Most of the time though, it's my calf one and my wrist one that get the most exposure.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 10:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #19  
Den Yeah, I started applying lotion after day 3 cause I was using ointment before then. Now I do the lotion after I wash it, which is about 3-4 times a day, and a little throughout the day whenever I start to get dry.
It's started peeling and some of the scabs have started coming off!

Quiet Those ideas sound awesome, and I really hope we get to that level of technological advancement soon!

Mekatra Most, if not all of my ideas are strictly blackwork..so just lineart, maybe some little lineart detail, and not much/if any shading except for giant blocks of black.
I burn super easy in the sun, so I am normally coated in sunscreen when I spend a 30+ minutes out in direct sunlight. Thankfully, I'm 99% hermit and spend most of my time indoors. 8)
Old Posted 02-17-2018, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Pessimistcat: well, they've successfully printed an ear and heart valves, but a functional organ is a bit more complicated I would think. One hopes, though.
Old Posted 02-17-2018, 07:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #21  
Just remember not to pick at it, and if it gets itchy, a good, sharp slap will help.

Quote:
Old Posted 02-20-2018, 10:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Quiet Sadly it's also a bit controversial, since I think some of that requires the use of stem cells.

Den It's pretty much done peeling at this point. I have like a couple of small scabs that haven't come off yet.
I did lose a little pigment in a few small spots :'( Mostly on the outlined part.

Update on my mom: She saw her surgeon and they said if her cancer had spread they would have seen signs of type 2 or 3. So, it mostly is type 1 and her surgery is on March 12th. She's getting it done by robot, so her healing time should be about 2 weeks. :)
Old Posted 02-23-2018, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #23  
Save up to get it touched up?

Quote:
Old Posted 02-23-2018, 10:15 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimisticat View Post
[COLOR="Teal"]Quiet Sadly it's also a bit controversial, since I think some of that requires the use of stem cells.
Stem cells are an option but they can also do it with cells directly from the person. Was just looking into it a little. It's pretty cool.

It's kind of necessary that stem cells are controversial, since there are other places to get them than from embryos.
Old Posted 02-24-2018, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #25  
Den Maybe one day. xD They aren't too noticeable.

Quiet Oh really? That's actually pretty cool. I also didn't know there were other places to get them aside from embryos!
Old Posted 02-24-2018, 12:55 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Umbilical cord blood is a big source, which is something that is normally thrown out anyway so really, nothing is lost (I remember hearing a story where a the stem cells from a baby's umbilical cord were used on the mother to cure her leukemia.) For the purposes of tissue creation, they can use normal cells and sort of grow them. At least, this is what I'm getting from the wiki on it. ;)
Old Posted 02-24-2018, 05:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #27  
Quiet That is so awesome! Definitely thinking I should somehow keep that preserved if I ever have a kid. :D
If only we had known years ago that we could keep it to help fight against future diseases.
Old Posted 02-25-2018, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I don't know how well it keeps. The mother had Leukemia when the child was born. I think they tried the treatment right away.

Back to the tattoo end, I think I'd actually prefer the look of decorative scarring, but I'm sure that would be even worse for infection and complication potential.
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #29  
A quick bit of research suggests that modern cryopreservation technology can keep it usable for about ten years.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 11:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Quiet Oh okay, I see.
I love scarification (? if that's what its called) but yeah, I don't know if I would personally get it just because of pain and risk of infection and stuff.

Coda Oh wow, 10 years isn't bad though!
Hopefully you would never need it, but if you do then...yeah. At least they can preserve it for a decently long amount of time.
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #31  
I have four tattoos and they all hurt so much.
The one on my back, just under my neck, hurt the most, I actually cried, real tears.
Anyway, I like you, am rethinking whether to get more. I found them very painful, and after a few months,they don't look as crisp as when they were done.

I love your tattoo, so pretty with so much meaning.
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I plan on getting a carnation tattoo someday, with a ribbon with the date my grandma was born, and the date she died, on it, with her first and middle names on the middle section.

Quote:
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote