Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Cookbooks   #1  
Since there was another thread on books, I figured this would be the place to post this.

I've always liked to read cookbooks, but only started really cooking recently. I mostly get them from my mom's bookshelf to borrow. Anyone else like to read cookbooks?

Do you have any recommendations? Any you cook from a lot, or have interesting recipes? Or do you primarily get your new recipes from the internet? (links are cool too!)
Old Posted 11-07-2017, 07:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I honestly don't own many cookbooks. My dad always had all the main recipes we used on recipe cards that was kept in a wooden box on the kitchen counter. Mainly I get my recipes from the internet now, but also have a couple of magazines with a lot of recipes, though I am kicking myself for losing my cupcake one because it had a lot of good recipes that I wanted to try.
Old Posted 11-07-2017, 09:19 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #3  
I love cookbooks, and people know I love food and cooking so I always receive a ton of cookbooks. I have 2-3 totes full in my moms shop somewhere XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 11-08-2017, 12:54 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I don't actively read them, but I have a couple to leaf through on occasion. I picked up a cheap book on soup called, I think "I (heart) Soup" and Michael Smith's cookbook because I was moving away from my dad's (and he's the chef in the family) and figured I needed something for ideas and basic instruction.
Old Posted 11-14-2017, 03:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #5  
I don't normally use cookbooks unless I'm making something for like the holidays to pass out to the neighbors or to send to friends. We have a bunch of REALLY old cookbooks (like so old and used they have stains on them). But they're like from when I was a kid and older cus I think that they've been around before me.

There's this one we have, super thick. Red and silver. The cover (if it had one) is long gone and you wouldn't know the name of it except for the spine. We use that one a lot for getting recipes for cookies and stuff. There's a great recipe in there for Banana Bread too.

Though lately if I want a recipe for something now I search online. It's a much easier/reliable source then cookbooks these days.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote