Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default Something serious is going down   #1  
Something serious is going down in my neighborhood. The police just knocked on the door and told me to lock the doors and windows, stay away from windows and to not open the door to anyone unless they are law enforcement.

I gathered everyone and we are in the basement because its roomy, there's lots of furniture, cable tv and no windows

Edit: I just found out through my connections that its an active hostage situation and that SWAT has surrounded the house.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Last edited by McSwiggins; 04-06-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old Posted 04-06-2017, 06:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Wow that's freaky!!!
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-06-2017, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #3  
Oh dear, I wonder what's going on there o_o?

Old Posted 04-06-2017, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Ginger: it is freaky and my poor children are petrified.

Potironette: I dont know. I just know someone is being held hostage. Whoever it is, I hope they will be alright.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 04-06-2017, 06:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #5  
That's pretty scary stuff. Last year we lived a block away from a church where a pastor was shot 6 times. Just recently, a man barricaded himself in a storage unit about 20 miles away, saying he had explosives and he was going to let them go off. That was about 3 miles from where my mom lives. And this is actually a very nice area, not much crime.

We've since moved into our first house. It's located on a quiet block at the edge of town. We haven't had any problems here yet and I am thankful for our new location. We'll be planting green giants along the border of the fence in the back yard for privacy and to muffle road noise. Sick and tired of staring at our neighbor's ugly boat parked in his back yard.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-06-2017, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
As much as I like living in the Los Angeles area, it IS far too close for comfort to a bunch of really scary stuff. There was a firebombing around five miles west of where I live during one of the anti-Trump protests, for example. I've never heard gunfire in the streets, thankfully, but I've been stuck waiting behind a police barricade on the highway, and I've had to learn to ignore the sound of police helicopters circling.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-07-2017, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #7  
That's down right terrifying D:
Did you get answers? Is everyone ok?

Since I live near the border we also have constant chopper patrols. Often there are manhunts for people trying to cross the border with drugs, and they have gone into peoples fields nearby to chase the guys but not mine thankfully x.X

I've been lucky enough to avoid trump protests by living and working in the same 5 mile radius, which is in the county and not near the freeway (they are still trying to prosecute the protesters for that huge incident)

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-07-2017, 10:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Police tried to talk him into letting the hostages go. He refused. Swat set off a flash bang and moved in. They found 3 hostages: 2 kids and a woman, who I guess was his family. The man was taken into custody and no one was hurt.

Ginger: I live in a really nice and quiet neighborhood on the edge of town as well, so this stuff never happens. Thats too bad about the paator though. My late wife's brother is a pastor. I'm not religious but I feel like a church should be somewhere people feel safe being.

Coda: Jesus Christ man. Be careful.

SparX: Jeez thats scary. My girlfriend is from Mexico and she came here because Mexico city is a complete mess.

Old Posted 04-07-2017, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #9  
Oh shoot that must've been scary. I'm glad you and your family's safe and the other family's safe too. I've never experienced anything like that but I remember being told to stay indoors once before school because there was an escaped convict in the area.
Old Posted 04-09-2017, 05:18 AM Reply With Quote