Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default Wedesday was stressful   #1  
I have a girlfriend, Janna, who is pregnant with my 11th kid and her 2nd. Her first kid, Cian, was mine as well. My other kids besides Cian were all from previous partners.
Janna has trouble carrying babies. Before me, she was engaged to another man and she ended up miscarrying 4 babies. These miscarriages ruined their relationship and she ended up moving to my city were were we met and became fwb and she got pregnant with cian. It was a scary pregnancy and multiple times the doctor told us not to expecr him to make it. She ended up having to have an emergency c section 8 weeks before he was due because it was do or die. Had we not taken him out, he would not be here today. Anyway, she's 26 weeks. Wedensday she went into preterm labor and dilated 2 cm. The doctor gave her meds to try to stop the process of labor to make it less likely that she delivers preterm. He also gave her meds which causes the baby, Noel's lungs and brain to rapidly develop. This way, if she delivered early, his chances of survival would be greater than had they not administered the drug.
Her labor stopped and after a long wait to make sure everything was okay, we were sent home. She is on bedrest and I have to keep an eye on her and if she dilated further or if she has more contractions, we need to go back to emergency room.
But things have been looking fine since. I am so relieved and I am just hoping that Noel can hold his horses and she can put off delivering him for at least another month.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 03-26-2017, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Oh man having just had a baby I've learned how stressful it can all be!

Survival rates are not bad at 26 weeks though. I am glad they were able to stop it!' I'll be rooting for you guys

Old Posted 03-26-2017, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #3  
For a lot of women, pregnancy is very scary. For Janna, I am more concerned than any other women I've had a baby with, given her history of miscarriages and such. Thank you!

I noticed your sig. Is Winter your baby? Are they a he or a she? How are you adjusting to mommy life? :) I love talking to other parents on the internet!
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 03-26-2017, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Winter is a girl! Pregnancy was scary for me too, I had to have her delivered by vacuum. It all went well though and she is a very happy healthy baby! We just weighed her she has gained 3 pounds in a month!

I'll probably just have the one....

Old Posted 03-26-2017, 10:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #5  
Wow! That is pretty scary. I am glad it all went well though and that she is doing well!

I never wanted children. I grew up telling my parents to not expect grandchildren from me. I wasnt careful. Then I was like, "Well, we are just having one!" And my late wife gave me two more and it took off from there. Lol. I am sterile due to cancer now though, so 11 is the final number of children I am having.

Old Posted 03-26-2017, 10:09 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Is there a medical reason she has a problem carrying?
TBH Her story sounds similar to mine, minus it breaking the relationship. Last year they went in to take care of a terrible ovarian cyst, and found I had endometriosis which explained a lot of my constant pain growing up and my inability to come to term.

I hope she is doing ok right now!

Glitch yours was scary because of your heart too D:
storytime on my other friend who just gave birth!

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 03-26-2017, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #7  
Having 0 children, I have very little experience with pregancies and such...but that does sound nerve-wracking.

I hope everything works out for you two, Shamus. :)
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
We had a bit of a scare in the delivery room when my son was born. The pregnancy had gone without a hitch. The labor took its sweet time, and the doctor was worried that they'd have to induce if my wife didn't start dilating, and then she did and everything went fine. My son came out, and they cut the cord and cleaned him up, and then before they'd even let one of us hold him, one of the nurses rushed him off to the side and went "that can't be right... oh my God, oh my God!"

... turns out she'd never seen a baby that big before and she didn't believe the scales when they said 10lb 3oz.

She freaked us out for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. >_<
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
SparX: I dont know. My mother is a nuse and says that some womens bodies just dont react to pregnancy well at all so things like this happen. She could have something wrong with her and we just dont know.
I am glad they figured out what it was for you though.
She is doing okay at the moment. She hasnt dilated further (I was taught how to check and was told to check every so often) and she hasnt had any contractions since. So we are hoping that bedrest will be the solution.
Wow! I hope the best for your friend!

Toho: Thank you! She's been alright since so we are hoping that if she follows doctors orders and stays in bed, she wont deliver preterm.

Coda: Jfc I am so sorry that she did that to you! I can only imagine your terror you felt when she said that and scurried away with him. Was she new? Babies can absolutely be that big. But, really, that is a big baby. Your poor wife must have been sore for quite some time after.

Old Posted 03-27-2017, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote