Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default Food around the world!   #1  
I love food! Especially new stuff I never eat before but if I would name a country were the food is always good I would say Greece!!! What's your favorite native food???? I love to hear new stuff to try :))
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 09:27 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Greece food! I've never tried it D:

Native food, hmm..American food? What is that? American versions of food from other countries, and steak and burgers? Haha, I wouldn't say I have a favorite American food xD.

Hmm, but since my family's Chinese, I got to eat a lot of that as a kid. I love steamed winter melons. They look like this but without the meat stuffing xD :

Old Posted 01-08-2017, 10:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #3  
Oh how cool you're Asian!!! And this really looks delicious! I really love Asian food too its just tasty!!!
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote  
-
That winter melon sure looks interesting. I'm not sure if I've tried it before or not.

As for Greek food, I've had gyros, hummus and baklava, which are all pretty tasty. :)
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 12:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #5  
Is baklava Greek? Iam not sire about xD but gyros is sure tasty and Greek yogurt my altime favorite is still stuffed wine leaf's
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Hm. I would say Chinese. I like Chinese food. I have had French chocolate and it is super sweet compared to American chocolate. I think it's actually Belgian chocolate because I was in high school and my French teacher was from Belgium.
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 12:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #7  
Chinese and Japanese I really like too!!! Mh sweeter chocolate thank usual sounds pretty weird! Isn't chocolate still really sweet? Only chocolate wich is sweet and I like os kinder chocolate from germany ;)
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 12:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I've never tried any other. Just Belgian. I couldn't eat it. It's sweeter than American dark chocolate. And of course everyone has had pocky, but I want to go to Japan so bad and just try different kinds of foods. That would be cool.
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #9  
Winter melon is really soft. Kind of like soft turnips in turnip soup, but without the turnip taste and more full than stringy?

I like Japanese food too. Mostly whatever matcha stuff they have though xD. I love their matcha ice creams.

Old Posted 01-08-2017, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
-
I really like Asian cuisine. Particularly chinese, japanese, thai, and vietnamese.

I like potstickers, eggrolls, sushi, curry, and pho.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 03:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #11  
Sushiiiiii <3 if i could i really would eat sushi every single Day!!!!!
Old Posted 01-09-2017, 06:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potironette View Post
Winter melon is really soft. Kind of like soft turnips in turnip soup, but without the turnip taste and more full than stringy?

I like Japanese food too. Mostly whatever matcha stuff they have though xD. I love their matcha ice creams.
You ever had winter melon tea? Best shit ever when it's hot as holy hell in Taiwan.

Man, but I used to mistake winter melon for daikon in soups, and would get really upset because I'm not a fan of winter melon in anything other than tea form.

As for my favorite cuisines, hm. Cajun stuff is great, but I have a pretty low spiciness tolerance, unfortunately. German food's nice. Occasionally a bit too hearty/heavy for me, but I could probably make a dinner out of just kielbasa and sauerkraut. Or ham shank.

Traditional Hakka dishes are among my favorites, as are Taiwanese dishes. (My mom makes the best Taiwanese food and that's a /fact/, dammit.) I've had almost everything listed under "Regional Specialties" and "Typical Dishes" on the wiki page, and my dad's parents live just down the street from the main/founding store of Dashi/Daxi's famous dried tofu.

/bragging rights
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-09-2017, 03:05 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #13  
There's winter melon tea? I need to find a way to try that now :3!
Espy's Taiwanese?

Old Posted 01-10-2017, 03:32 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm not sure what's considered "Canadian" food, minus ketchup chips and "brown" gravy. The stereo types would be smoked salmon (west coast), candied salmon, Maple Syrup (Ont. and Quebec), etc. Distinctive stuff would include things like Saskatoon berries (prairies mostly, I think) and maybe salmon berries? Not totally sure. I've had moose but it's not common unless you are a hunter or know one.

Seal flipper pie I've heard as alternatively a staple food in Newfoundland or a joke for tourists. Native American cuisine is becoming a thing and that also covers salmon thing but also things like bannock.

My favourite "ethnic" foods would be general Greek food (going from what I've had here. I like the seasonings) and sushi. Never been to Japan, or anywhere else in Asia, but I lived in Vancouver for a time and it's probably easier to find a sushi joint than it is a fast food chain restaurant.

I'm also a fan of typical British pub food; bangers and mash, Yorkshire puddings, meat pies, fish and chips, etc. Meat and potatoes generally make me happy.
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 06:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potironette View Post
There's winter melon tea? I need to find a way to try that now :3!
Espy's Taiwanese?
Yeah. It's not really tea as much as, you mix winter melon into a pot of water with sugar, and let that saturate and cool into basically a giant melon-flavored sugar block. And then you stick a bit of that in boiling water and let it cool.

And, um, yes. Least, my parents are.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-13-2017, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Ohh, I find that pretty cool since I feel I don't often see people with asian cultures online xD.

I looked up a bunch of pictures and saw a lot of brown sugar--so that's why there was so many pictures of that!

Old Posted 01-13-2017, 05:56 PM Reply With Quote