Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lyricist
Default Your favorite inspirational music.   #1  
One of my favorite playlists is full of music that makes me feel sort of like a superhero at any given moment. I took the liberty of naming that playlist 'Captain Badass'.

What do you listen to that gets you going?

Things I've been listening to lately that inspire me:

Rigel's a star.

You can find me on:
ficpress + tumblr + last.fm

GROUP FOR WRITERS & BOOKWORMS

Last edited by Rigel; 08-13-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Posted 08-11-2012, 09:55 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Inspirational can mean a lot of things. I listen to a lot of Bright Eyes, and his music is not very uplifting. Mostly it's horribly depressing. It evokes a great deal of emotion, and that's why I'd say it's inspiring. It inspires me to feel enraged with the world and want to change it. A different sort of inspiration entirely from yours.
Old Posted 08-13-2012, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Lyricist
Default   #3  
I'll have to disagree. I simply put forth the type of inspiration I was feeling at the time, and opened the floor to anyone's variety of motivating. I find everything Conor Oberst writes to be incredibly inspiring for the same reason.

Rigel's a star.

You can find me on:

Old Posted 08-13-2012, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
•:*´¨`*:•. —¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤— •:*´¨`*:•.

To me Apolyptica is inspirational. They have outstanding
music. They calm me down when I am upset and to me that
matters at inspirational. I have yet to find a artist or
band that inspires me to do something. I tend to get
inspiration from weird things.

•:*´¨`*:•. —¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤— •:*´¨`*:•.
Old Posted 08-13-2012, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #5  
I didn't mean your inspiration overall, Rigel, just in that instance. "Waste of Paint" is very inspiring, but it wouldn't quite fit into your "Captain Badass" playlist. xD

I wish I could think of music that inspires me in other ways, but I can't. :/
Old Posted 08-13-2012, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Lyricist
Saiyouri:
I love listening to Apocalyptica. <3
Having something that helps you get a handle on your emotions is pretty inspirational to me.

Gaius:
Very true. I always feel almost empty after listening to anything he writes. I guess a good way to put it is that listening to him sing shoves my other concerns out of me and makes space for the desire to do better.

But it would absolutely not be something I'd include in any overtly positive playlist. |D

Have you ever listened to Brand New? You might find some inspiration there, too, but they're a bit more into the highlighting of heavy misery range without all the space for hope.

Rigel's a star.

You can find me on:

Old Posted 08-14-2012, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #7  
Conor is a really incredible musician. I'd go as far as to consider him the best lyricist of our generation. The only lyricist I can think of who is worthy of comparison is Kevin Devine. He is a master of wordplay.

I have Brand New's album The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me, and I adore it. I bought it during my emo phase in high school (lol), but I appreciate it in an entirely different way now. Jesse Lacey is a very emotional vocalist. But everything I've ever heard by them that wasn't on that album, I didn't really like... Should I give it another chance? Do you have a favorite album I should check out?
Old Posted 08-14-2012, 12:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Warrior Of Cosmos
Whenever I need a inspirational boost, I play this song! :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodhFU4q_OM
-Terror Of Death-
Old Posted 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #9  
It's hard to say. It's really a sort of the spur of the moment thing. Often I will find a particular song that is inspiring at the moment, perhaps for a piece of writing I'm doing, but it's rarely the same song for multiple pieces. The Tea Party seems to have that effect. I have several fiction pieces that I've developed (not necessarily written) to some of their songs. "Heaven Coming Down," "Army Ants," "Gyroscope", and "Transmission" I've attached as my inspirational piece for writing certain stories.

When it comes to general mood-lifting stuff or 'get-up-and-go' then it's power metal for that, stuff like Hammerfall or Dragonforce. I just find power metal to be the most uplifting thing in the world, even when I'm in a depressive or frustrated funk.
Old Posted 08-17-2012, 05:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
I think Andrew W.K.'s pretty inspirational! Party. Lots of party. But in an inspirey way.
Old Posted 08-17-2012, 06:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #11  
A few songs really inspire me.
One is you are the moon by the hush sound. It makes me want to be a better person and to not view myself badly

Another one is king for a day by pierce the veil. Idk why but it just does.. I cant really explain it.

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 08-20-2012, 02:19 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asami View Post
A few songs really inspire me.
One is you are the moon by the hush sound. It makes me want to be a better person and to not view myself badly
That is a really good song. Evokes so much emotion. I should have thought of it first. o___o
Old Posted 08-21-2012, 12:11 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #13  
to me it depends but I guess hikari aka simple and clean is one that inspires me the most (more recently)
with art and music

different types of music will inspire me in different ways
when I was younger I used to listen to (still listens to but more so that I can improve or being there for others)

Blessid Union of Souls - Brother My Brother
and
John Loeffler - You Can Do It

↳↓-will accept art requests-↓↲
Old Posted 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
Blessid Union of Souls - Brother My Brother
That wouldn't be the one on the original Pokemon movie soundtrack would it? My sister loves that song, and it has a nice, simple flow to it.
Old Posted 08-23-2012, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #15  
Pretty much anything fast-paced and upbeat. Last time I got ready for school I threw on a bunch of Blink182, Sum41, All American Rejects, Jimmy Eat Word, etc.
Old Posted 10-09-2012, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
I wouldn't say it's inspirational. But the music I listen to sometimes motivates me while I'm doing something. Like playing video games, or writing or drawing, or something like that.
Old Posted 04-19-2015, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote