Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Master of Shadows
Post Dragon Quest   #1  
Well Ive been playing Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies on my 3ds lately and thought it would be cool if i got to kno which one you played or if you still do play it and how u liked it
Its Always Darkest Before The Dawn....
In The Dark Is Where I Lay, In The Shadows Is Where I Stay

He's one Smart Man
Old Posted 05-26-2016, 07:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I haven't played any of the main-series DQ games since DW2. *sweatdrop* Though I LOVED Rocket Slime, and I played the mess out of the first Dragon Warrior Monsters.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-26-2016, 04:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #3  
I've got the newest one but haven't gotten very far yet....

Old Posted 05-26-2016, 05:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Master of Shadows
Im hoping they bring more of the bigger DQ games over like 11 or 10 and make it multiplayer
Its Always Darkest Before The Dawn....
In The Dark Is Where I Lay, In The Shadows Is Where I Stay

He's one Smart Man
Old Posted 05-30-2016, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #5  
The last DQ game I played was also Sentinels of the Starry Skies, though it was a year ago now. I thought it was really good, but it felt like it could have been built upon to be a lot better. I didn't like how short the main story was, and the randomly-generated dungeons got tedious after a while. I really enjoyed what they did with character customization, though, I definitely hope that continues to get built upon as the series goes forward. (Are we ever getting another one over here, or have they just stopped localizing them? I can't keep track.)

I do love the series, though. DQ4 was my first RPG back in 1995 (and one of my favorites to this day), and I played 1, 2, and 3 many times as a child, and more as an adult. I never got ahold of 5 and 6, but 7 made a pretty huge mark on me in my teens, though looking back I think it was just too big for it's own good. I don't think I ever finished it. It might be the longest RPG I ever played.

I can't say I'd be too excited to hear about more multiplayer features, though. It's probably me being old and nostalgic, but Dragon Quest has always seemed like a solitary adventure.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-01-2016, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote