Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Poconut Overlord
Default Random Songs Randomly Come   #1  
There are always those times you are just doing whatever you're doing and a totally random song pops into your head for no reason. Like whenever I'm stocking paper at walmart, I don't know why, but the song "Marry the Mole" from Thumbelina comes into my head.

So what random songs come into your head? Have you ever randomly sang something outloud without meaning to?
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 10:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Collector's Item
I always end up singing randomly. I'll be in my own little dream world and then start humming, next thing I know I'll be belting out the chorus of a song in the middle of a supermarket or something >.>

For some reason the song 'Supernova' by Mr Hudson always seems to pop into my head if I see someone have a fight or hear about someone breaking up. Just the chorus.

Quote:
When you feel like taking off,
Let me be your supernova,
Before you make the biggest mistake of your life,
Give me a chance to put it right.
Other than 'Supernova' I always seem to get 'A Man's A Man For A'That' stuck in my head. I can be thinking about anything and then Paolo Nutini is just singing away in my head xD
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 11:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #3  
Never heard of Supernova to be hoenst, it was alright. The song paolo is singing sounds horrible from him I'm sorry. I'd hate to have taht in my head it's like a goat.

btw have you heard "be prepared" from Hoodwinked? xD (fast forward to about 50 seconds for the actual song)
Old Posted 01-31-2011, 09:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Collector's Item
Mr Hudson isn't overly big stateside, and as that's one of his original songs it's not too big. The only reason I know the song is because I have a huge love for Mr Hudson, and he sang that song about three times when I saw him live xD

Also, it's not an original Paolo song. He just sang it for Burn's Night as it was originally a Robert Burns song. It's actually not too bad, but I prefer Paolo's original songs better. ^^

Hoodwinked! One of my favourite films xD Japeth is by far my favourite character, just the fact he swings on his horns amused me for weeks. Also, brilliant tune ^^

The Schnitzel Song

^ Probably one of my favourites xD

Last edited by Vinyl; 01-31-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old Posted 01-31-2011, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #5  
xDD I think the animators were smoking something when they did that one lol
I love Japeth too! Part of my imagination can see him kicking butt in a fight somehow.

Meh I never liked Paolo much. Mr. Hudson has a chance to really impress me but I'm to lazy to reopen youtube when I should be playing games >w>
Old Posted 01-31-2011, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Collector's Item
Whatever they were smoking should be given to all writers though xD

Ah, I love Paolo. I never really liked him at first, just the fact he looked a bit of a tramp on Jules Holland really put me off him. But then I started listening to him properly, and sort of fell in love xD I'd love to see him live one day.

Mr Hudson is brilliant, he's also really nice in person, which is a bonus as I don't really tend to like musicians that I know are asshats in person xD (Chris Brown for example)
Old Posted 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Toyota
Default   #7  
When ever I see or do something thats just really stupid. I think of the song "Like a boss" by Lonely island. haha.
Old Posted 04-07-2011, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwCojCJ3-Q

ZOMBIE KITTY SONG

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #9  
I often sing or hum songs by Jonathan Coulton when I'm studying or cooking. It freaks people out when I start singing "Still Alive" or the IKEA song.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 04-27-2011, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Winter Wrap Up from the new MLP series.

>>

Don't judge me.
Old Posted 04-30-2011, 04:03 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #11  
Often songs I've encounted or have been joking about might stick around in my head, especially if I don't know all of the song. One time it was an old children's song "John Jacob Jingleheimerschmit," and occasionally "I've got no strings" from Pinocchio after my brother and I were walking around Florence. And yesterday, it was the yodeling goat.

He's got horns that open bottles,
He's got horns that hold his keys,
He's got horns....

I'll stop now.
Old Posted 05-02-2011, 02:23 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Ohohoho, that must definitely be Sweet Transvestite from The Rocky Horror Picture Show XD Just LOVE that song! Haha. Every time I see transvestites I come to think of it. Haha. ☆
Please, call me Simon.
David ♡

Old Posted 05-05-2011, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #13  
For me its the english version of the Hamtaro theme song ._. that or Momiji's song he sings when they are at the hot springs xD

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-05-2011, 05:16 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pillow Button View Post
Ohohoho, that must definitely be Sweet Transvestite from The Rocky Horror Picture Show XD Just LOVE that song! Haha. Every time I see transvestites I come to think of it. Haha. ☆
Is not going to think Time Warp. Is not going to think Time Warp. Is not going to think Time Warp. Is not going to think Time Warp. Is not going to think Time Warp...
Old Posted 05-05-2011, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
Augh. I often find myself playing tunes over in my head, and I sometimes don't remember where they're from. Which annoys the crap out of me.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-06-2011, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
What drives me insane is when it the song tangled up in my head, and then I have to think about it so I can sort it out again. Locating the song and playing it is usually the best way to make it go away, though I can see how irritating it would be if one didn't know where it came from in the first place.

Sometimes, just as annoying as getting a song stuck in my head is when I get moments where I insist on recalling a song that I can't remember and I end up with a total blank that won't go away until something magically triggers it.
Old Posted 05-06-2011, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote