Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Whimsical Sovereignty
Default Interactive Story RP: Light Chatter   #1  
Reiquesa took a deep breath before stepping through the doors of the main ballroom. The sound of her heart thumping rose far above that of the guests' raucous chatter. She definitely was not one for large crowds.

Her eyes darted from left to right - half in anxiety, half trying to get used to the temporary sight enchantment she had placed on her mask. Letting out a soft sigh yet again, she mustered the courage to take further steps however a soft voice whispered to her, "Wait! Your Highness, please wait."

Reiquesa turned to the voice and her eyes widened. "Oh please, no... dont,"she muttered while shaking her head frantically. However, the herald would have nothing of it as he pounded the marbled floor with his sceptre. The ballroom grew quiet as the music died down and the attendants eyes focused in her direction.

"Presenting Her Royal Highness, Reiquesa Jaelyne Velsteum, Grand Duchess of Alaiyk!"

Whispers rose from the crowd as pink colour spread across the shy girl's face. She hung her head in pure embarrassment that was certain to get a scolding from her cousin if she ever found out. The herald thumped once again signalling the resume of festivities. The orchestra continued in full pomp and circumstance which drowned out her thoughts, "this is going to be a long night...."

Old Posted 07-17-2011, 03:13 PM  
The Illusionist

"Hello madam, would you care for a dance?" Illusion said, bowing and gesturing his hand towards the lady. "I promise I'm not here to woo in any means, I just care for a dance."

Old Posted 07-17-2011, 05:14 PM  
Whimsical Sovereignty
Default   #3  
"M-me? Honestly? Of the all people here?" She choked on her words before remembering the image she was required to uphold.

"Um. Well, yes!" She composed herself and gave the gentleman her hand to hold. "I'm sure I can, er.. find a place for you in my busy schedule." Her eyes refused to make with his.

There weren't many opportunities given to her to socialize, and she would prefer it to other way. However, every once in a while, curiosity tends to sink in.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM  
The Illusionist
Is now a good time for that schedule? Illusion said as he takes Requesa's hands, he then slightly pulled her up to her chest, and began to take his steps slow to allow her to memorize the pace. "And because you've asked, your mask took my attention. But that said, your mask is not all that caught my eye... He said charmingly.

Old Posted 07-17-2011, 05:54 PM  
Whimsical Sovereignty
Default   #5  
"Not... all?" Reiquesa cocked her head to the side. "May I ask what do you mean?" She still avoided looking at him directly but rather at his clothing and hands.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 06:15 PM  
The Illusionist

"It's not for what I mean, but it's for what you feel that matters." Illusion tilted his head to the side a bit, and eyes closed slightly. New at this? He said very cheerfully with a smile. "I must admit that I'm not quite good at dancing 'ither. He then slowly tilted his head towards her ear, and whispered. I want you to listen carefully, I won't waste anytime saying this but. I'm a rebel towards the queen, she is a tyrant hence her name, and needs to be remove of crown. But that does not mean I wish damage towards the kingdom like others. Just hear me out as I say this, if anything happens I want you to run. Don't look back, run. Illusion went to a halt, he moved away from Reiquesa and vanished in a slate blue mist.

Old Posted 07-17-2011, 06:28 PM  
Whimsical Sovereignty
Default   #7  
"What?" Reiquesa's face scrunched up in confusion. "There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Queen or the Royal Family of Quesaria!" She yelled out loud at apparently no one.

She sighed and started twirling her long hair, which had become a habit she did whenever she was uneasy. She was utterly sick of all these rumours spreading about her cousin. They just didnt understand because they didn't live with her.

What she did was for the good of the planet. It ALWAYS is for the best. Life had been better for her since Maesha was crowned and though her methods may have seemed unorthodox to some, they benefited the citizens.

"Sometimes I wonder if its simply out of jealousy..." She murmured. She definitely didn't enjoy these social gatherings.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 06:39 PM  
Poconut Overlord
Jurinjo wasn't much for socializing. Being among a crowd consisting of races not his own did nothing to make him more comfortable. If his friend were here right now he'd be urging him to stop being a wallflower and get to the dance floor. Wherever he was right now Jurinjo was sure it had to do with politics. It left a distasteful memory in his mouth.

A sudden outburst of a woman snapped his attention back to the present. Speaking of politics...that was the cousin of Queen Maesha wasn't it? Wishing to keep away from all the drama Jurinjo chose that moment to move from the column he was resting against to hide in a crowd of people. The young fellow picked up words from conversations he passed by and stored golden nuggets of information that could be useful later.
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 03:42 PM