Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #33  
"Actually if you don't mind the mess it makes and you get cheap but sturdy wood, you can make it yourself for fairly cheap. A lot of the furniture we have was actually my mom's aunt's and uncle's before they passed away, and most of it was stuff my great aunt made in her spare time. Who said a house wife couldn't make furniture?" He chuckles a bit as he approaches the dogs. Snapping his fingers he points to the ground, both of them laying down but the bigger of the two still growling. "Heel," the command is said softly, barely above a whisper. After a moment the dog finally stops growling and lays her head down while looking up at Don.

"So obviously you like dogs, so that won't be a problem. Walk over here slowly and crouch down so that you can present your hand from below their heads. This big one here is Wolfie, she's the head honcho between the two, and that's Bobbie her sister. They're both from the same litter but as you can tell Wolfie is the stronger of the two and more dominant." Don can't help but laugh mentally that Vincent had called them puppies, heck most dog crazy people probably would until they almost get bit.

Old Posted 01-10-2015, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"Hammers and my fingers always try to be friends when it comes to projects like that. They rarely get a long." Vincent says, halfway joking. "I say whoever can actually do the stuff, go for it." It's that simple in his opinions. He just stays behind Don for the moment. The dog is growling, he isn't stupid enough to do anything else at the moment...though he does smile a bit at how the dogs are training and everything.

"I like animals in general." He says. He just listens to Don before doing as he says....since he would like to keep all fleshy bits intact and all liquids inside of him. He just waits to see their reactions, wanting to pet them.
Old Posted 01-10-2015, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #35  
Wolfie sniffs daintily at Vincent's hand, snorts and lays her head to the side with her eyes closed as if saying 'yeah, whatever' to him. Next Bobbie sniffs his hand and after pausing for a moment as if debating over something, her tongue rolls out and she wags her tail.

"Well, Wolfie is fine with you and Bobbie probably wants you to play fetch with her, which might not be a good idea because she might knock you over trying to get the branch from you. Come on, we can get into the house through this door." Motioning upwards with his hand once Vincent is finished, he lets the dogs know they can go back to guarding. "I'll bring them out some food latter. We feed them home made dog food with fresh chicken. It's actually cheaper and healthier for them since they have to have a special diet anyways."

Old Posted 01-10-2015, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent chuckles a bit at Wolfie's reaction. It's better than deciding that he looks tasty. At least to him. He just reaches out and pets Bobbie at her reaction. "I'll play with her sometime..." He doesn't care if he gets knocked down. He'll survive it to say the least. He pets Bobbie a bit more before getting up and following Don wherever he will lead. "I was just thinking that would be healthier. I'm not sure what all is in commercial dog food, but not all of it is good to say the least."
Old Posted 01-10-2015, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #37  
"Yeah, not to mention that this way its easier to tell what they are allergic to as well since dogs and wolves have allergies just like humans do." Opening the door they enter a laundry room with energy efficient top loading washer and front loading dryer. Through another door is the living room, large enough to hold a forty inch flat screen, a couch about six feet away from it and some chairs to the side facing the back windows. Off to the right is the entrance to the house along with the stairs. Further ahead of them is a combination kitchen and dining room.

"Through that window you can see the back yard, which is mostly just woods. We check to make sure the girls don't get ticks or anything regularly at the vets, but we take them on different days just so that at least one of them is around. You never know when someone might try something these days."

Old Posted 01-10-2015, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"That's a good point...if you didn't feed them that way and they started having an allergy to it...well, you'd have to start to figure it out..." Vincent could see a few people saying it's too much work and getting rid of their dogs or something. He just looks around at everything as they walk, eyes widening at how everything is. Now he's starting to feel like he shouldn't be here, that he doesn't belong here, though he isn't saying anything yet.

"Isn't there some kind of tick repellent for dogs?" It may not be perfect, but it would help, right? "Some people are stupid enough to try things when they know there are dogs and other dangers even." Some people don't care.
Old Posted 01-10-2015, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #39  
Don looks nervously at Vincent when he says that, "That's one of the things they tested with them. Apparently Wolfie and Bobbie will back off some, but will still follow the person until they see an opening. So whatever the person is using they would have to constantly keep it up. Once they stop though...even if they don't bite the person, they leave enough damage to usually make a person think twice before trying it again. They really don't like it when people use stuff like that on them." As he walks over to the stairs, he hopes he explains this well enough to Vincent, since there's several things that could be used to deter dogs.

"Do you want to go to my room first or the music room?"

Old Posted 01-10-2015, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"What?" Vincent says when Don looks at him like that. Some people are stupid and don't have any self-preservation. They might take the risk even with dogs there to bite them. "Like I said, some people don't have any common sense....or are high on drugs." He frowns a bit at the thought of that, especially if the person is on PCP, bad things could happen. He just follows Don. "Ah...whichever you'd rather do is fine by me...you've got a nice house by the way."
Old Posted 01-10-2015, 11:40 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #41  
He laughs nervously a bit before leading Vincent to his room, "Well, the police and rangers said they never wanted to try that again even if none of their men obtained severe injuries." Walking into his room he tosses his bag onto the bed, then kicks off his shoes and sticks them under the foot of the bed. "Thanks, and if you want to take you're shoes off you can, or if you want slippers or something I can get some. Just since we normally carry sizes worn in our family I have no idea if we have your size in slippers."

When entering, to the right of the door was his desk and a couple books shelves filled with books about math and music. Some ranged from composition and playing styles for different kinds of instruments to historical figures in music. Opposite the door the entire wall is a glass window looking over the woods and mountains behind them. In the distance behind the trees there's a sliver of lake glittering in the light. Off to the left is Don's bed with a small walk in closet, which Don walks over to and pulls out a pair of slippers for himself. The inside is lined with fluffy fleece that's noticeable as he slips his feet into the slippers.

Old Posted 01-11-2015, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
(I just typed up an entire fucking reply and Trisphee deleted it)

Vincent kind of chuckles a bit before walking into the room. He's immediately, once he sees it, distracted by the view outside the window. It's an awesome view to say the least so he's going to stare out the window for awhile. "Eh....I'll keep my shoes on....if you don't mind." Some people don't want people tracking dirt everywhere and he understands that. Then after a bit, he goes to be nosy about Don's books and all. "Most of my books are textbooks or fiction." He says after seeing what kind of books he has.
Old Posted 01-12-2015, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #43  
Don can't help but grin when he notices Vincent's reaction to the view, he then follows him over to the books.

"Oh, these are just my personal study books, some of which was from when I was a kid. I have some in boxes in my closet right now that I also need a shelf for them too like my text books. I actually read a lot of fantasy books to be honest, with some future based science fictions. By the way, I made the desk and the bookcases in this room, took a couple tries to get them right but if you look here and here you can see where I used wood putty on the desk to nail it together right after nailing it wrong." He indicates the two locations he means, small little splotches that are not noticeable from a distance.

"Anyways, want to check out the music room? It's just a bit further down the hall." The garage door opening and then closing indicates someone coming home, with the clicking of heels soon following.

"Donnie! I'm home! Did you start anything for dinner yet? And have you feed the girls?"

"No mom, not yet, I'll get to it in a sec!"

"I'll get started with the food then and you can feed Wolfie and Bobbie then."

Old Posted 01-13-2015, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"I can at least try to help you if you need it." Vincent is talking about making the shelves. He's one of the few people who wants to learn a bit about everything. He wouldn't want to put a house together, but making basic shelving and stuff? That would be nice. Maybe then he could make some furniture for his place. "I don't have many books, I just go to the library since I don't have the room for things. "Really? And if you did nail it wrong, well, it's standing and working now so that's all that matters."

"Mmm...yeah." It would be nice to play a bit of guitar again. He tilts his head a bit when he hears the clicking. "Ah okay. I can do that."
Old Posted 01-13-2015, 01:22 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #45  
"You can head on down to the music room, I'll go feed the girls and let my mom know that we have company over. She'll probably be excited because I haven't brought anyone over since high school." Leaving the room he heads downstairs and into the kitchen where his mom is boiling some water to cook some vegetables up and is pulling chicken out of the fridge.

"Mom, I have a friend over from college so we're going to have to make for one more person." He goes into the fridge to get out some steaks and raw vegetables while his mom stares at him a moment.

"Oh Donnie! You finally made yourself a new friend! I'll take care of making dinner, just feed the girls, okay?"

Old Posted 01-13-2015, 02:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent nods and chuckles a bit. "I would usually go over other people's houses." He says simply. It was easier that way....with some foster homes, there really wasn't room for a quest to come over. At least that's how he saw it at least. He just heads to the music room to look around. He doesn't want to touch anything yet...musical things are expensive unless you get really lucky on buying it or something.
Old Posted 01-13-2015, 05:43 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #47  
After he finishes getting the dogs' food ready he takes it to the back yard and sets it down for them, standing there to make sure Wolfie didn't take Bobbie's food like she would if no one watched them. Once the finishes he takes their dishes and cleans them off, then heads back upstairs.

"Mom said she'd just cook everything, and my dad has a show in town so he won't be having dinner here. It will just be the three of us, I hope you don't mind." Don leans against the door frame for the room, waiting for Vincent's response.

Old Posted 01-13-2015, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent is just being his basic nosy, looking at everything that isn't in a drawer or something. He's just curious...and maybe a bit amazed too at the things. He just smiles at Don when he comes back. "Yeah, that's perfectly fine. You sure she doesn't want any help or anything?" He'll try to help at least.
Old Posted 01-13-2015, 09:27 PM Reply With Quote