Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #33  
Smiling with excitement, Agate can't help doing a hand gesture to show her excitement in the three of them defeating the monster. Then she quickly summons and arrow and uses its blade to help cut the people down free them from the gook they were trapped in.

"That went pretty well for our first mission, if I do say so myself. That little hole in the door made it easy to fire the arrow."

Last edited by ml1201; 11-22-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Doing her best not to look thoroughly disgusted, Jade went about slicing open the slime sacks and helping the people who'd been trapped inside remember how to breathe, coughing out the slime that'd been seeping into their sinuses.
"Okay, everyone, get yourselves to your respective homes and showers, and I'm sure you'll feel much better when all that stuff's washed down the drain," she said encouragingly, ushering people out of the biohazard that was supposed to be a pizza shop. Probably it would be up to the shop owners to get the actual shop cleaned after this, she reasoned to herself, avoiding the idea of personally mopping up snail bits and pieces.
Old Posted 11-22-2014, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #35  
Moonstone cut down the last of the people trapped in the goo sacs. Cuttining it open and pulling the poeple out. Once the goo was out of their eyes, nose, and mouth she directed them out and they made their way home.

"We should probably clean this goo up. Especially the acidic one, we can't have the humans touching that."
It's me.
Old Posted 11-23-2014, 12:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Jade's shoulders sagged disappointedly.
"Yeah, you're right. Hey, we should probably use baking soda in water to neutralize the acid, right? I'll check in the back in the kitchen for some and get the shop's mop and bucket ready," she volunteered. While back there, she also found a long handlled window squeegie. Oh, that would be perfect for scooping up the slime, she thought, and added it to the barrage of clean up implements she was amassing. All in all, there was the mop with the rolling bucket that has a spigot at the front to empty the dirty water into the drain, a hand bucket with a sponge and warm water with baking soda dissolved into it, the squeegie and a long handled dust pan that was more of a long flattish bucket on a two-pronged swivel so the slime could be scraped into it and dumped into a lined waste can.
Old Posted 11-23-2014, 12:45 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #37  
Agate finishes cutting free the people she was helping and serveys the shop around them.

"Yeah, this is a bit of a mess to be honest." Perplexed by what Jade is talking about she tilts her head. "What's 'baking soda'? Is that some kind of human thing? I've never heard of that before..."

When Jade comes back she takes one of the mops from her, dipping it into the water and beginning to clean one of the acid piles of slime.

Old Posted 11-23-2014, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
"Yes, baking soda will work. Sodium bicarbonate is the technical term it is a substance that has many uses like as a fire extinguisher, a cooking solavant, and of course neutralizing acids and basis. Good work Jade."

Moonstone put her swords away and grabbed a mop and some of the baking soda to clean off the acidic slime.
It's me.
Old Posted 11-23-2014, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #39  
"This is why I practically live at the library, Agate -- I learn all sorts of things about this world that way," Jade announced as she took possession of the dust bucket and the squeegee, scraping goo and membrane into the bucket for dumping.
"Honestly, it was an enlightening way to spend the time up until we were called into action. I can't even begin to list everything I've read. Well, I could, but we'd be here for at least a week! Just today I was looking at cookbooks, and that's where I learned about baking soda."
Old Posted 11-23-2014, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
"Hmm....I'll have to check out the library as well then, there might be some things I can learn there as well. Are we allowed to borrow books in the human's library? I remember there was a tracking system for the Crystals, but I don't know how humans do things too well. I explored around to see how the world had changed while I wasn't myself." Scraping up some goo and dumps it into the bucket and gets back to mopping more.

Old Posted 11-23-2014, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #41  
"Yes you can. And they do have a system of categorzing the books. They have them seperated from their genres and they also use a syatem. I think it's called the dewey decimal system. It codes the book numerically I believe. In any case I heard there is an old crystal gem monumen around here. It is like the temple of beach city but it's more outside of town we can check that out when we're done here."

The blue silver gem finished up with the slime against the wall. Looks like there is a little bit of damage from the acid eating the paint. Nothing too serious. She then got the floors where she slayed the creature and got the ceilings where the humans hung from.
It's me.
Old Posted 11-24-2014, 01:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
With the slime all squeegied up and ready to dump, Jade upended the dust pan over the waste bin, squeezing her eyes closed in disgust as the stuff oozed out slowly. Once the last of it was out, she closed up the bag, pulled it out, then put that bag in another bag and sealed it as well.

"That ought to do it," she said hopefully, ready to deposit the doubled bag in the dumpster bin out in the back of the building.
"Monument, huh? Well, grandiose works for some, I guess I can live with it."
Old Posted 11-24-2014, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #43  
Grabbing the buckets, Agate dumps the left over congealed water mix down a grate and into the sewers, not wanting to clog the pipes in the building with the slime.

"As long as I can have my own room I really don't care what the place looks like. It all links to the temple anyways, we just have to be careful not to free any of the bubbled crystals that Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst captured."

Old Posted 11-24-2014, 10:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Moonstone nodded.

"Yes of course, we all would like our own spaces. We have to see the state of the monument first. And of course we should drop this Gem in the actual temple to keep everything consistant."
It's me.
Last edited by Him; 11-26-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old Posted 11-25-2014, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #45  
"So we go through the portal at the beach house first, to deposit this gem, then go looking for this other monument place," Jade asked as she swabbed out the inside of the dust bin out with a soapy sponge. The sponge could be disposed of or destroyed with impunity, she thought, but the larger piece of equipment should definitely be returned in serviceable condition.
Old Posted 11-26-2014, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Seeing what Jade was doing to the dustpan, she in turn begins doing the same thing to the bucket and the map since both still had traces of the goop in them.

"I would thing that the portal would be able to take us to the Monument as well and once we got there we could figure out where in relation it is to Beach City. Unless you think the portal there might not be working anymore?"

Old Posted 11-26-2014, 08:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #47  
"Well a lot of the rememnants of our race seems to be in a less than stellar condition. I wouldn't even know if the portal from the temple to the monument will work until we've seen what the portal in the monument looks like. We might want to walk to the monument after we check in this gem and look it over to ensure portal traveling is safe."

Moonstone finished the ceiling and dumped the slime out of the bucket once she was finished.

"Alright I think we've got the slime off and this should be safer for the owner of this facility to enter and rework this place. Let's head off to the temple now."
It's me.
Last edited by Him; 11-26-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old Posted 11-26-2014, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
With a satisfied nod, Jade carted all the equipment back to the store room where she found it, then rejoined her teammates.

"Glad I have my boots, I'd hate to get sand in my shoes," she remarked as she peered toward the beach and the path the the Crystal Gems Prime beach house. The figures in the mountain behind the building stirred a feeling of pride in her heart. Maybe someday she'd be worthy of having her own image emerge from the living stone.
Old Posted 11-26-2014, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote