Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #737  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
should void be wary about tomorrow, then? XD
No. I've already packed Void a lunch and will make some pancakes, bacon, and eggs for breakfast tomorrow. With a smoothy for the road. So there's no need to worry about going to work in my stead, since pretty much everything is taken care of. Void just needs to be at work at 6:45am. (:
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:17 PM  
Jellosexual
that's too early for work @_@
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:20 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #739  
I have to be at work by 5a tomorrow. >.< Working during the early morning is seriously cruel and unusual punishment.

I should probably go to bed soon actually.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:24 PM  
Ho! Miscreant!
Working in the mornings is usually ok for me. The only problem with this job is it takes me two buses to get to work. On a good day that means it's a 40 minute commute, on a not so good day? 2 hours easy. So when you need to be somewhere in the AM PLUS travel for 2 hours to get there?

Well... I'm looking for a new job. Again.

Mekatra - join the club. But these boards always seem the busiest when you need to be doing something else. ),:
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:31 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #741  
I know that feeling about the long work commute. I live 45 minutes away from my job and in the winter I have to leave really early because you never know how bad the roads will be (or if there will be an avalanche across it and you have to wait for it to be cleared.)

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:35 PM  
Ho! Miscreant!
Oof. That is a pain. Lucky where I live it rains nonstop, so there's never really any issue with the commute. Just the usual accident that shuts down the main roads. Which is a big reason as to why I bus to work and not drive. Buses always get through, and if they do not, work takes it easier on you 'cus if it's out of the buses control... well then it must be a big deal.
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:39 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #743  
Unfortunately pubic transit doesn't go up where I live. Heck, we don't even have cell phone service were we are. Kind of out in the middle of nowhere in the mountains.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:42 PM  
Jellosexual
asadjhaskdjh 5 am wtf

I'd just go to bed after that shift
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:43 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #745  
I just have to go to bed early (which I am failing at tonight)

We went to an event yesterday and I was so exhausted afterward I slept until 10 this morning. That's almost seven hours later than I usually sleep. O.O

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:47 PM  
Ho! Miscreant!
Ahhh. My sister lives in a town that's surrounded by small "towns" like that too. Her town is the only one that has things operating 7 days a week, the others shut everything down on Sundays. I try and visit her, but it's an 8 to 10 hour drive! 'Cus during the winter there is no guarantee that any of the planes will land in the airport due to size and location.
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:48 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #747  
My "town" doesn't have anything open in the winter. There is a general store about 13 miles away that stays open all winter, but other than that if you need groceries or even gas it is a 34 mile drive to real town. If you need any specialty items you're pretty much stuck driving 2 or more hours to get it (or ordering it online.)

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:52 PM  
Ho! Miscreant!
I would not survive.
Well no, I would. Just would have a lot of this song playing in a loop and laughing nonstop.
Cabin fever, yeah~
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:54 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #749  
I love it. I hate the slow internet, but absolutely love going a whole day without seeing anyone even if I decide to leave the house and go hiking or something.

Old Posted 09-22-2019, 10:56 PM  
Don't Go Into The Light
I used to live in a much more rural area and miss the being able to go outdoors without running across anyone.
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:04 PM  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #751  
Time to change my avatar again >.<
Old Posted 09-22-2019, 11:13 PM  
Hakuna matata
Friday and Saturday my shift is 1730-2330
Not buttcrack of dawn early like y'all are talking

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O