Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #33  
I have beaten the game with a Decidueye, a Pelipper, a Muk, a Magnezone, a Vikavolt, and Alolan Digtrio! I am considering adding Silvally, Solgaleo, Pyukumiku, and a Salazzle on my team used for battling other players. Are there any advice for using at least three or six of these pokemon when battling other players? I heard alolan dugtrio and salazzle would make a good combo, but from my personal experience alolan dugtrio and vikavolt would make a great duo in double battles becasue vikavolt is immune to ground type attacks! ;) What do you think?
I'm always a dude, no matter how my avatar looks! :)

See me at:

Syndrone: Neonriser
Flight Rising: Neonriser
Old Posted 01-31-2017, 09:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Dugtrio + Vikavolt IS a reasonably good combination, especially with how powerful Ground is, but you're going to encounter problems using them against seriously competitive players.

Vikavolt's biggest weakness is a really shallow movepool and a painfully low speed -- and pairing with the moderately-fast Dugtrio means that you can't make effective use of Trick Room. Dugtrio does at least help provide counters against the Fire- and Rock-types that Vikavolt will have trouble with, but both of them are going to fall on their face against Pokemon like Drampa.

Solgaleo is rather on the overpowered side, and it'll do well on most teams.

Pyukumuku is annoying. It's effective, and it's actually more effective the stronger the opponent is. Unfortunately for Pyukumuku, it's only useful once. It can't consistently take out more than one enemy Pokemon, and most players will figure out how to avoid the trap after fighting it once or twice.

The rest that you listed... Unfortunately, like Vikavolt and Alolan Dugtrio, they've all got their strong points, but they just can't go toe-to-toe with the big guys. If you're intending to play online and seriously compete against players who are in it to win, you'll want to pick better Pokemon. On the other hand, if you're just in it to have fun and don't mind occasionally getting stomped by someone taking things more seriously than you, then you can certainly have a good time with most of those.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-01-2017, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Dugtrio + Vikavolt IS a reasonably good combination, especially with how powerful Ground is, but you're going to encounter problems using them against seriously competitive players.

Vikavolt's biggest weakness is a really shallow movepool and a painfully low speed -- and pairing with the moderately-fast Dugtrio means that you can't make effective use of Trick Room. Dugtrio does at least help provide counters against the Fire- and Rock-types that Vikavolt will have trouble with, but both of them are going to fall on their face against Pokemon like Drampa.

Solgaleo is rather on the overpowered side, and it'll do well on most teams.

Pyukumuku is annoying. It's effective, and it's actually more effective the stronger the opponent is. Unfortunately for Pyukumuku, it's only useful once. It can't consistently take out more than one enemy Pokemon, and most players will figure out how to avoid the trap after fighting it once or twice.

The rest that you listed... Unfortunately, like Vikavolt and Alolan Dugtrio, they've all got their strong points, but they just can't go toe-to-toe with the big guys. If you're intending to play online and seriously compete against players who are in it to win, you'll want to pick better Pokemon. On the other hand, if you're just in it to have fun and don't mind occasionally getting stomped by someone taking things more seriously than you, then you can certainly have a good time with most of those.
Wow, thanks for your insight! :) I'll apply your advice to my casual teambuilding! :)
I'm always a dude, no matter how my avatar looks! :)

See me at:

Syndrone: Neonriser
Flight Rising: Neonriser
Old Posted 02-06-2017, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote