Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default I bought a new book!!!   #1  
And I absolutely love it.

Alright, right now I'm in a "I-love-zombie-things", stage and bought a book. It's one of those where you can control the story by making decisions, turning to a page, etc. I survived the first time I went through it. True I ended up hanging on the sleeve of the statue of liberty as zombies fell to their death cause they couldn't reach me while I waited for a helicopter to come save me, but STILL. Whew that was a mouthful.

But I love this zombie book. I wanted the zombie survival guide but needed to save money. Plan to read that though.

So, do you like zombie books? Or have you bought a new book in general and fallen in love immediently .
Old Posted 06-04-2011, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I've never read any zombie books but I was fascinated by one which mixed the undead and philosophy. I just read the back but it was quite interesting, and funny. It deal with questions such as whether or not the undead had a right to unlife, and if so, would it be considered the equivalent of murder to unkill them? I haven't seen it since though, and I'm a little disappointed. I have a friend who is all over zombie stuff and she would have enjoyed it.
Old Posted 06-04-2011, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #3  
I think I'll end up giving it to a friend as a present. They may enjoy even more than I am now. xD We'll see. Books should be shared. :3

I hope you find it again!
Old Posted 06-04-2011, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That would be delightful. There are a number of books that I saw at my Uni book store that pertain to pop culture and the various social sciences and humanities. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Sociology" for one. I'm curious to look at those again. Would give me another excuse to go and return two of my texbooks for the pitance I can get which would leave me with 25 cents after busfare. Le sigh.

You ever read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? There are a number of books out along those lines: Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, Android Karenina, etc. I've been curious about them but haven't met anyone who's read them yet. My friend has the zombie one but it's still on her "to read" list as far as I know.
Old Posted 06-09-2011, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #5  
eeek zombie books
wonders if they are scary like my friend's zombie videogames
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
I want to read Android Karinna but I said I would read Anna Kareina first. Also it sounds like you bought a choose your own adventure zombie book... I had one of those as a kid.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Queen
Default   #7  
xD I love zombies, being the Zombie Queen and all, but I could never get into zombie books. :(

I am Muff Muff. The Zombie Queen!
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 10:18 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm big on Zombies much, but in my book they are the slow moving, barely pieced together walking corpses type, like the resident evil kind. I'm not much for the fast moving sort. It's wrong somehow.

Not a big vampire fan either unless we're talking the classic aristocrat sort, like Gary Oldman's Dracula.

I'm a werewolf person, though I've yet to really see a werewolf concept that I like, but Jack Nicholson in Wolf is pretty good.

Bleh. Not book related, I know. I haven't actually encountered a werewolf in a book yet. Just vampires.
Old Posted 06-21-2011, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #9  
super-nice^^ dude, i am not so big on zombies but my room-mate likes 'ten little zombies'
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I've read tons of vampire books but haven't read any zombie books. Though this one author that I like is making a zombie book so I may read that one.
Old Posted 06-22-2011, 07:17 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
super-nice^^ dude, i am not so big on zombies but my room-mate likes 'ten little zombies'
That one wouldn't be a mytstery novel, would it?
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 03:18 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
no, it's a psudo-kiddie book^^: like 'ten little indians' with blood and gore
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 03:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Level 100
Default   #13  

A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book? I like reading those.
I do not care much for zombie theme though. I really do not like much horror in general.
Old Posted 06-23-2011, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I watch a lot of horror but haven't read much, unless one counts I am Legend. I hear Jaws is a really good book and American Psycho is just plain twisted, the kind of reading that has one doing double-takes, apparently. I have both movies and I enjoyed them, though it took a couple watch-throughs to come up with some explanation for Americn Pcysho.
Old Posted 06-24-2011, 06:27 AM Reply With Quote