Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #1953  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post
On Celebi if you contact them they should override the ones requiring friends.

Or they could start a new account .-.
For the record, my son is level 25...

Quote:
So I was walking home from pokemon go....and a guy asked if I wanted sex. Wtf?

Also, on a side note, I cannot carry a defense keychain in my state, but can have a 4 inch or less knife, a gun (if I got the right permits and all), pepper spray, and a stun gun....but god forbid if I just want a self defense keychain.
What's a defense keychain?
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-11-2018, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I never said he would want to start over, I'm just saying he could .-.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan

There are many different forms but this shows the basic type in the picture which is what I would want and from what I understand it is banned in my state.
Old Posted 09-11-2018, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1955  
If it doesn't have a spike or spikes I can't imagine how it could possibly be illegal. A law that would prohibit a weighed rod attached to a keychain would also prohibit a LOT of other stuff that wouldn't even make sense to ban. What state do you live in, if you don't mind me asking? I don't mind doing a bit of research for you.

I mean, in all seriousness, carry a Maglite if you're worried about it. It's a flashlight, which couldn't possibly be banned and is a perfectly legitimate thing to want to carry in a dark, threatening area, and they're designed to be useful as a defensive tool.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-12-2018, 01:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Tennessee. I mean, I might be misunderstanding something.....but if I'm not wtf lol

Edit: From what I understnad, they're banned because they are weapons (but you can still get a stun gun)

Is that one of those blinding lights? Or?
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 09-12-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old Posted 09-12-2018, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1957  
A Maglite is a heavy and durable flashlight that you can wack someone over the head with, and not break (the flashlight). It's long as well, like a police baton with a light.

I can see things being unlawful because they are intended to be used as a weapon, but functional things, like the flashlight, can be used instead because it's not something that shows intent to harm someone. In my self defence class people suggest using a key as a weapon if need be, by standing it up between two fingers. I usually just make myself look confident and take note of the best means of escape if thing start to seem off.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 09-13-2018 at 03:51 AM.
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 03:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
...On the topic of weird weapon laws, apparently the knife I carry around in my backpack is, uh, illegal.

...WHOOPS.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-13-2018, 03:55 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1959  
I don't know if I'd call them weird. And I'm not sure I should really bather more about it in the pokemon go thread, ;). Save to say that it seems more a matter of intent than physical characteristics.

I was showing my sister the pokemon stops while we were waiting for a ferry. She was amused when I could comment about an object in the area before we actually came upon it. Often I'll go and look for the thing in the stop, especially if it's something I didn't know was there. I have seen stops for missing things, though. We passed a "'world famous" giant gnome the other day. After we started at the thing a moment, I announced "I bet that's a poke-stop!" Yes, it was.
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 04:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Tennessee's law prohibits things that are designed to protect the knuckles when striking, like brass knuckles. Some security keychains are made around this design (the most popular is a "cat" keychain where you put your fingers through the eye holes and the ears are spikes) and would be illegal under that ordinance, but the Kubotan (especially non-spiked varieties) ought to be okay.

That said, one thing should be noted when it comes to any form of self-defense carry item: The entire point of having such a tool is not to actually defend yourself, because in general they rather suck at it. (The cat keychains are especially bad.) The point is that it gives you a way to make attackers think that you're not going to be an easy fight. They're still going to overpower you if it comes down to an actual fight, but unless they're hopped up on drugs or something the risk of getting hurt during the struggle is a pretty big deterrent. Your goal should be to show that you mean business and you won't take an assault passively, and then GTFO.

Old Posted 09-13-2018, 03:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Default   #1961  
Coda, I'd be glad to add you.
8281 2247 6825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Both questions actually. Alas, I have no one to trade with right now as all my friends are in the United States!
Wait, we can't trade outside our country?
Fuckballs. Hopefully, my one RL friend will trade me when I get to that task.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
That's the reason I want one/give me false security LOL

Which could lead to the appearance of I will mess you up XD

But the law they can get you on that I see online is: 39-17-1301. Part definitions.

(1) "Club" means any instrument that is specially designed, made or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument;

39-17-1302. Prohibited weapons.

(8) Any other implement for infliction of serious bodily injury or death which has no common lawful purpose.

Which all seems stupid to me because a lot of things fit under that. I mean, a bat can fit under that minus no common lawful purpose.

That's the thing....if I were to have to use it in defense, you better believe I'm going for serious enough injury that the person leaves me alone.

And maybe tennessee only banned the ones not perfectly rounded at the ends. Idek, but I do know people were telling me they were banned. Idk if they were all banned or only certain styles (like ones a bit pointier or something)

And you have to be close to trade with someone.
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1963  
Like I said, I'm pretty sure it depends on the design. A non-spiked Kubotan isn't even capable of inflicting serious bodily injury. It's simply not heavy enough. It'd HURT, by all means, but it's no more dangerous than the rest of the keys attached to the ring. (Actually the keys might be MORE dangerous.)

But I can understand the hesitation, because it IS designed to be used as a weapon -- a less-lethal self-defense-only weapon that has minimal offensive value. A police officer that THINKS it's illegal might still try to get you in trouble for it, even if a judge would let you off the hook in the end.

That's why I recommend a maglite. It's way more effective than a Kubotan anyway and its obvious purpose is to provide illumination in the dark.

Old Posted 09-13-2018, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
My cousin and me joked about me getting one of those things....like LeStat in the vampire chronicles or the countess in american horror story, has, like a metal fingernail shape....and just say Imma goth.

Or to just carry a bat with me LOL

I just think it's strange that kubatons are questionable, but stun guns are perfectly legal.

ANYWAY!

Anyone got a regional from an egg yet?
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1965  
Quote:
And you have to be close to trade with someone.
Ugh, that's fucked up!

Quote:
Anyone got a regional from an egg yet?
As in an Alolan gift egg?
I've gotten two, a geodude (well 2 actually) and a meowth.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Well, regionals have a chance of being in Alolan eggs, like Kangashkhan or however you spell it, mr mime, farfetch'd
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1967  
Ah, I just learned something new.
In that case, I have not.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
It is a special even until the end of the month I believe. New alolan eggs have a chance of regionals, tangela, and porygon too I think?
Old Posted 09-13-2018, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote