Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Silent Scream
Default Smart Phones.   #1  
☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼

Okay, it seems like no one has started a discussion about these beasts.

Do you have a smart phone? If so, what're you using? Why do you like it?
Should you get a better one? Is it better than our good ol' regular phones?

... and the more off tangent question...are they gunna take over the world and enslave humans forever?? o_O!?

☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼☼ ► ◄ ☼

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 09-02-2012, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Hmm....I'll chip in to the conversation!

Yes, I have a smart phone, and it's an iPhone. My upgrade is in December though, so I may be switching to a Droid......but more than likely will be sticking with the iPhone. I like it because it is so user friendly compared to other smart phones and is straight forward with a lot of its features. Better one? What could be better than the iPhone? *laughs* As for being better than the ol' regular phones, just depends on what you want the phone for and what you are actually going to use it for.

They just might.....guess it depends on how much more capable we make them......I mean we are making ones called "Droids" now.....so it's only a matter of time.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Last edited by Alpha; 09-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old Posted 09-02-2012, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #3  
You're an iPhone person! and apple-human! xD;
I like HTC and Samsung better than Apple items. I feel that it's a lot easier than those items. But that's just me. xD

and yeah, Droids... I am imagining them creating something that can actually move... o.o;

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I sadly have never had a smart phone but have wanted one forever. I think the reason I want it is because of the apps and the easy access to information on the go.
Old Posted 09-19-2012, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
Default   #5  
I have an iPhone 4.

I have to say, I enjoy having a smart phone over a generic standard. I am able to do last minute readings on campus without having to try and find computers. My school has an app which has a map that can locate where you are. It also tells the bus routes of the OCC and such. I also use an App Where so that I can find gas prices, restaurants, etc. Facebook, internet. And GoodReads to track my book readings.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Smartphones are so expensive. I actually think the mentality that everyone in the country needs to have one to function is part of why so many people get themselves into debt. I have a $30 Kyocera with a Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go plan where I spend $20 on it every three months, because I have very, very little money. When I hear about friends of mine, who don't make any more than I do, dropping hundreds of dollars on a phone and paying $70 a month to use it, I just feel sad for them.
Old Posted 09-23-2012, 11:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #7  
@lestrade: You have a good point there...

@loi: that's a good way of using it, not like those preteen boys/girls using it for nonsensical gossip and stuff

@shay_almost: That's right~ some apps are really useful...but there are a bunch that just pisses you off.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 09-26-2012, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
I has an android phone and I loves it, it has wifi and I can connect free
to free wifi connections when I'm out. My phone was on special when I bought it and cost less then $100 prepaid with credit. Huawui is the brand of the phone, its a decent phone for the price, my other half has the version before mine.
Old Posted 09-29-2012, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Show Me Your Teeth
Default   #9  
I have a smart phone. The one that I'm currently using is the Samsung Galaxy s3. I used to always get the new iPhones, but I was getting a little bored with them. Maybe one day. I still love my Apple products, though. I use my smart phone mostly for twitter, random google moments, and texting. Pretty much everything else is left for my iPad.

:3
Color me.
Last edited by Ritsuka; 10-05-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old Posted 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'd sooner have an iPad than an iPhone so if I get anything apple it will be that. I don't have my money either so I just stick with my regular flip phone. I also spend enough time on the computer at home, I like the separation at times. Easier to relax when I can leave thing like the internet at home. I just phone and text to my LG flip phone is all I really need.
Old Posted 10-02-2012, 05:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #11  
I refuse to get one for one reason-data plan. Most require a 30 dollar data plan. I will be switching to a to go phone this month hopefully. Which with a smart phone would be 80 dollars instead of 50.

Not worth it when I could have unlimited data with a normal phone.
Old Posted 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I have a Galaxy SIII and I love it to death. It helps my world go round completely. School would be a million times harder without it.

It also has both korean and japanese keyboards which is far more convenient. I need to be able to type in these two languages quite frequently. I seriously am way too dependant on my phone.
Old Posted 10-15-2012, 03:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #13  
I have a Droid x2 and I love it. The data plan is too expensive, imo, but connecting to wifi is free so when my data runs out I can just turn it off and use the wifi and it works just the same (minus sending/receiving pics).

Wanting Luna the Wolf! PM me :3
A quest! x3
Old Posted 10-17-2012, 11:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
I have the Galaxy S3 and I looove the thing. I turned almost everything on it pink yesterday. XD

I had an iPhone before, and they really are great. But I was so incredibly disappointed with the iPhone 5 that I switched to Droid. I love it soooo much. I feel like I can do so much more with it. I can customize it so much more as well, which I never realized was something I wanted until I actually got the phone.

But my favorite thing is the screen size and the NFC. Sooo yeah. :P Since I use my phone so much, the screen size was a big deal breaker for me with the iPhone 5.

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 10-18-2012, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #15  
I have an iphone. I like it because it enables me to goof off wherever I am. Like the other day I was waiting outside the grocery store, and totally watched netflix the entire time.

They do waste life though, and keep you from looking up and enjoying the things around you.

Old Posted 10-28-2012, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I just got a Galaxy S3, and I'm amazed at how much I can do with it. My old phone was too slow to run apps, so now that I can actually check the weather, look up something online, or tweet something, I've been doing it a lot more (as opposed to having to drag out my 17-inch laptop to do anything). I'm obsessed with the Flipboard app right now. I love reading interesting articles but I usually don't have time to sit at the computer and do it. Now that I can read something while waiting for class to start or while standing in line, I'm keeping up on things a lot more. I still put my phone away when I'm with other people so I can talk to them; I haven't had my whole life sucked away yet. Part of that is because I don't really enjoy game apps much, so I'm not always playing with my phone.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 10-29-2012, 11:07 AM Reply With Quote