Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Honeydew
Default   #17  
The apartment was small but cozy, quaint, and while everything was beautifully decorated the common factor that he noticed everywhere were the books. They almost seemed to line the way they walked, the only places he really found to be exempt from the things being the bathroom, but it gave the apartment charm. With their brief tour finished, Kavi once again found himself standing in the entry way of the kitchen while the smell of a home cooked meal filled the house. It became an almost wistful moment of remembering meals back home with his family despite the fact it was not long ago, but none the less it was a welcomed sight. Dutifully, Kavi followed Fabio as the three of them trailed into the dining room where bowls of warm soup and crusty bread were steaming and ready to be eaten. Taking a seat alongside his roommate and mother he offered the short lady a smile. "Like I said before, this smells wonderful, Ms. Rizzo. Thank you for letting me join yo u two for this meal."
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
What a Doll: Pixel Shop
The [Honey] Comb: Hangout
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 03-06-2013, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
"You are welcome sweetie." She said gesturing to the food as she took her own and began to dig in. The conversation soon turned into a light catching up between mother and soon before she turned to inquire about Kavi, his goals, aspirations. She merely smiled when Fabio told her about their plans for winter break before attempting to give him a hard time. "I am sure Miranda has extra jobs, if not in the mail room, you could do data entry, its a piece of cake really. Though for Christmas and new years you boys will be alone, I am sorry but I must fly out to see my grandparents, my mothers mom is getting sick and has no one to take care of her. Only Miranda and I can afford to fly out and take so much time off. So Kavi you wont leave my baby alone, and let him burn my apartment down?" She grinned as Fabio pouted protesting his cooking abilities. In the end he simply pouted as he took more of the soup into his bowl.
Old Posted 03-09-2013, 08:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #19  
He wasn't truly bothered when Fabio's mother said that it would only be the two of them over winter break, and her joking about burning down the apartment was enough to make him smile and offer a deep laugh as he dipped his crusty bread into the creamy broth. "Don't worry, I'll make sure he makes nothing more than instant ramen, and even then I will make sure he boils with water correctly." With a smile still lingering on his face he ate a spoonful of soup. "I will do my best to make sure he isn't hungry though, I can promise you that much."
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
The thought of having two weeks of Kavi cooking made him perk up and smile, though he hopped his mother could not see it. Stirring his soup he remembered the thumb print cookies and wondered if Kavi would make more. “I am not that bad of a cook...” He said mockingly pouting at the two that were conspiring against him. “I am just...” His face blossomed into a smile. “well smart enough to get other people to do it for me.” Digging in once more he let his mom and Kavi talk about recipes while he thought about the up coming Christmas. “And what do you want for Christmas?” He found himself asking Kavi.
Old Posted 03-14-2013, 03:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #21  
The transition from talking about recipes quickly turned into an inquisition about Christmas presents. Idly stirring his chowder he gave a shrug and half of a head shake. "You don't have to get me anything, both of you are being kind enough to let me stay here over break and help our your Aunt Miranda with some extra work." He was sure that both Fabio would come up with a way to counter that, and as he pondered about another answer he could give he also wondered what he could get his roommate for Christmas. "What about you, what do you want for Christmas?"
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 12:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
“Dude, work is not a gift.” he said “Its more like slave labor but its not a gift until you are doing what you are passionate about, then its a gift.” His words did not save him from getting a playful smack against the side of his head by his mother. His small smile seemed to grow as he tsked his roommate. “It does not work that way. Its a surprise and come hell or bad sweater its a gift.” Since his plate was nearing its end and he was doing nothing more then rolling a lump of clam around, Fabio offered to take the rest of the soup back into the kitchen and started to clean. “Hay Kavi, if you want you don't have to get me anything but” He was glad his roommate could not see his smile. “When the farmers market opens up again, I want a strawberry short cake.”
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #23  
He gave almost a snorting laugh as he rose from the table to help gather up his own dishes as well as Mrs. Rizzo's to help clean up. "Of all the things you could ask for, the thing that comes to mind is strawberry shortcake." As he took the basket of bread in his other hand to take into the kitchen he gave a dismissive shrug at the idea of strawberry shortcake. Setting down the dishes along the counter he turned to look at his roommate. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you come up with strawberry shortcake?"
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 03-20-2013, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
He looked at the pooling sink of bubbles and grinned. “Dude its such a perfect cake, like hotdogs. Light and spongy and summery. “ His grin grew as he scooped up some of the bubbles and put them on Kavi's head. “Its my favorite cake. Its apparently extremely hard to make so my mom rarely makes it.” He said sliding his dishes into the sink and taking Kavi's as well. “There's a dishtowel in that cabinet, you can dry and I will wash. And you will also tell me your favorite cake or what you usually do on your birthday.”
Old Posted 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #25  
He hadn't ever heard of strawberry shortcake being difficult to make, and while Kavi pondered over if he'd even had it before in his life he was surprised with a flurry of bubbles being put on his head they began to ooze down his face. Giving a chuckle he took off his glasses to wipe away the remaining bubbles from his face and hair and give his hand a flick to send them back in the sink. He'd followed Fabio's instructions to fetch a towel to first wipe his face clean of any soapy bubbled before returning to help dry the dishes, eager to help out in exchange for such a well cooked homemade meal. "Birthdays are never really a big deal except for my little sisters, once we hit our mid teens the parties and celebrations just kind of tapered off to a nice dinner. As for cake I've always been a fan of plain vanilla."
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 03-23-2013, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Twisting his head he looked at his roommate. A small smile over came his lips and he glance behind him to see his mother had disappeared into the recesses of the small apartment leaving he and Kavi to finish cleaning up the mess of food. He looked at Kavi for a moment “haha so vanilla.” He said shaking his head at his own pun as he reached out. Bubbly fingers took the glasses that were perched on the edge of Kavi's nose. Inspecting the glasses for any soap he held them captive. Fabio opened is mouth to speak“Kavi.” Fabio realized he was holding his breath as he twisted the lens in his hand. As of late he had spent to many times staring at his roommate. His mind kept going back to waking in his roommates covers and the want of something he could not remember. He changed his thoughts entirely, it was Christmas and no time to dwell. “Dude lets make a cake now. I need sugar in my veins like I need water and both our birthdays aren't properly celebrated because of school.”
Old Posted 03-30-2013, 10:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #27  
He reached out to fetch his glasses as they were taken away, but as they were held hostage he wasn't sure if he could get them back without bargaining something in return. Blinking several times in an attempt to clear his vision to something more manageable, Kavi leaned in and reached out for his glasses in hopes that maybe his slight height difference and arm span would earn him his glasses. "Well, it is a perfectly valid idea, but what kind of cake are you looking to make?"
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 03-31-2013, 03:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
He thought about it and came to the realization that in their short dinner a cake would not be do able since they eventually had to get back and finish studying for finals. “I changed my mind, we should pick up some cake on the way back to school, that cafe were we first met is around here and they have pretty good cakes.” He slid the glasses back onto the face and turned to finish the dishes. They worked in silence, and Fabio plotted how many Tupperware soup bowls he would need to take with him. When they finished they retreated to the Fabio cave and he turned on his game while he started to clean off his book fort for the eventual arrival of Kavi.
Old Posted 04-13-2013, 04:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #29  
Giving a bit of a disagreeable face, he adjusted his glasses to find they'd been placed back on his face just fine, but with the scowl still on his face he took to his work of drying any dishes given to him. Before too long the sink was empty and the cabinets stocked with dishes once again, and it was with the satisfaction of doing a good job that he gave a quiet sigh. Giving a final wipe to the damp counter, Kavi dutifully followed after Fabio back to the cluttered room where they picked up where they'd left off; His roommate continuing to clean off the messy bed while he looked around to see if he could help or locate anything of interesting in the organized chaos that was Fabio's room. "Do you need any help picking up in here? It seems a bit...disorganized."
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 04-15-2013, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
He looked down at his elegant mess and grinned at Kavi.”I dunno if you are up to the task.” He plucked a book up from the pile and walked around to the front of the bed. He found his way through the stacks of books and once inside he beckoned Kavi to follow him. Though he had had piles of books on the bed the inside was hallowed out to make his home book fort. Once he saw his room mate peek inside, he did his best to pull the narrow frame into his hole with out toppling the books. “Dude there is enough disorganization to be organized. I can sleep down here if you don't feel safe and you can take my bunk.” His grin grew as he searched the top of the bunks for a lamp that was just a cord and bulb. He switched on the light to reveal a wall of romance covers behind him as well as a few child hood comic book heroes.

(XD there are more books under his bed.)
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #31  
It was like a nook made entirely of books, though instead of being sturdy it was clear that one wrong move would send the entire tower toppling down. Briefly, Kavi was plagued with the idea of being buried under the pile of romance novels and not being found until morning, dead beneath the weight of the books. Shaking his head at the string of thought, he pulled his head from the nook of books in favor of noticing the rest of the books stacked upon the wall. He very nearly balked at the sight of them. "Jesus, how many book do you have, dude?"
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
His face brightened into the broadest grin. Shaking his head he adjusted himself so that Kavi could have some space. “Honestly?” He said twisting around he pulled one of his comic books from the stack and handed it to Kavi. “Between my mom and I, I think we have enough to build a house.” He continued to pluck through his child hood. “So I don't think I have another place for these books, so you will have to take my bunk.” Idly he started to read a spiderman adventure that was long forgotten.
Old Posted 05-07-2013, 02:39 PM Reply With Quote