Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default Say What? Crysandrea closed!   #1  
So my friend informed me to check Crysandrea today.
Turns out the site is closing and being revamped. In about three months they are going to launch an entirely new site.

This means all user names, accounts items, treads etc are being swiped clean as if they don't exist. Lets discuss this. I am curious to know what other people think.
Old Posted 02-28-2013, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
well you already know what i think XD and saw the letter too
Old Posted 02-28-2013, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #3  
Honestly I am not sure I will stick around for the new one. Not if its going to be another blow like Mana.
Old Posted 02-28-2013, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
OMG! Poor thing. I kinda left a long time ago but it still was one of my favorite site a while back. I'm glad that I made the right decision to leave Crysandrea and stick with Trisphee! I knew this site going to last a very long time.
Old Posted 02-28-2013, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #5  
Ughhh and I donated real money to the site too...
well, I honestly don't know what to think just yet but I will say at least it's not like Terrasus XD;
I'd rather be compensated at least in site currency when a new site opens up than lose what I paid altogether
and suddenly
and
horrifically
lmao

But still I don't know what I think...better read up on it some more, check more staff posts...

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
xD as far as I know in the last couple of days only one staffer has been posting that wasn't a mod. For feb they lost their pixelist and a coder and could not get feb donation items out and then when they finally did, they pulled this.

Reading through the announcement forum it doesnt sound pretty good from those that know the person in charge. What I would like to know is what happens to all the donations? And will the new site be worth it?
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #7  
I think I gave up on Crys a long time ago. I'm just waiting on Syndrone. And hopefully that won't flop like Terra.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 01:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
I'm coming from there, but I hope that maybe things will turn out for the best. :c
And what's Syndrone? I know Terra (considered joining), but never heard of that.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggio View Post
xD as far as I know in the last couple of days only one staffer has been posting that wasn't a mod. For feb they lost their pixelist and a coder and could not get feb donation items out and then when they finally did, they pulled this.

Reading through the announcement forum it doesnt sound pretty good from those that know the person in charge. What I would like to know is what happens to all the donations? And will the new site be worth it?
*winces* It sounds like when you restart on the new site you're gonna lose everything, your currency included
I don't know how ok I'd be with that - I only got 13k on there now but if I was someone who'd worked my ass off for tons of currency and I learn in 3 months not only will I not have any of my items, I'll be starting off with zero too--?
Ennnghhhhh yeahhhhh... -cough-

The guy who took over after the last admin left seemed really promising too, like he was gonna get shit done. But I don't know who he is, maybe he's got a history ~ *shrugs*

They really should figure out a way to get records of what everyone's got and recompensate them at least currency and donation currency at the very least. I wouldn't restart a site without doing that, no way.

bagelbites - Syndrome is a new avatar site that's being started with -- I wanna say the least artist and other staff of Terra? I'm pretty sure it's the lead artist from there.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Ummmmm, Wow... first Royal Creed and now Crys.... the economy is effecting our online lives now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
Ughhh and I donated real money to the site too...
well, I honestly don't know what to think just yet but I will say at least it's not like Terrasus XD;
I'd rather be compensated at least in site currency when a new site opens up than lose what I paid altogether
and suddenly
The fact is that you donate real money to keep the site running, getting the items or donation currency is just a nicety that incentives it. They technically don't have to reimburse you anything, but I do understand that it would be better if they would when restarting the site.
Though if you think about it sometimes when the site changes hands it is worse to do it, because the new owner isn't getting that money.
Hypothetical Situation Here

So in a business way I can see why the new owner is completely wiping the site and starting fresh, but I understand that to older users this is going to suck, everyone is going to start fresh again with nothing but starter packs, and all of the work you have done is gone. No doubt that they will lose people over this but the site interface my end up changing in critical ways... I actually may end up joining the site after the revamp..
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #11  
Well, I'm from Crysandrea and while I am sad about what's happening, I can also understand why it's come to this point. The site doesn't have a lot of staff and there are quite a few glitches. From what I understood people who donated will be refunded in the cash currency of the site but, that's about it.

I'm rather annoyed that the inventories will be cleared as well as the fact that everyone will have to re-register if they're old users, at the same time I really hope that Crysandrea v3 will be better then the current Crysandrea, at least they're keeping the avatars and (hopefully) most of the commons. I only stay on avatar sites if I like the avatars and the items so them keeping the pixel art how it is right now is a relief for me.

On another note I pretty much re-found this site because someone posted about it in the thread with the announcement. I decided to sign in only to discover I already had an account here (talk about forgetful), so, I guess you could say that I'm migrating over here from Crys >.>.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 09:33 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
after reading more about it, it sounds like the site was just hemorrhaging money...well I do wish it all the luck in an excellent restart and that it doesn't lose all of it's customer base for sure. at least it's a restart and not a closing entirely

Areishia - Oh well welcome to Trisphee lol! Hope it helps fill the Crys shaped hole *chuckles*

Last edited by Rem; 03-01-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 09:59 AM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #13  
Quote:
after reading more about it, it sounds like the site was just hemmoraging money...well I do wish it all the luck in an excellent restart and that it doesn't lose all of it's customer base for sure. at least it's a restart and not a closing entirely

Areishia - Oh well welcome to Trisphee lol! Hope it helps fill the Crys shaped hole *chuckles*
Thank you for the welcome, I hope I'll be able to earn enough Aurum to make a decent avatar, or at least get the monthly Auron DIs xD. I do like the fish one quite a bit so I better get posting as much as a person with as meager social skills as myself can >.>.

Untill now I quite like some of Tris's features, specifically there being in-game currency DIs as well as the tokens and the token shop :3. So I hope I'll be able to stay active here, more or less :3.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 10:22 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
The achievement tokens are fun to earn cos there's tons of ways to earn them and sometimes it's a surprise too so you get an achievement pop up and you're like O3o how'd that happen!

There's some good places to post, tons of hangouts, the Cat Paws charity is always hopping...if you RP at all there are aaaalways ppl looking for RP partners.

I think I like our layering system the best, you can do so much with it
And now I must away for sleep

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 10:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #15  
@Tiva: I didn't know Royal creed closed or for that matter terrasaurus. I thought that one was fairly new. And I am sure that Tris can come up with a back up plan before it gets to drastic if thats the case.

@Rem: I think that is why he closed down manahaven, though I am not sure what he plans on doing with it. He had a pretty good battle system going but apparently the cost were too much.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 10:28 AM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Quote:
The achievement tokens are fun to earn cos there's tons of ways to earn them and sometimes it's a surprise too so you get an achievement pop up and you're like O3o how'd that happen!

There's some good places to post, tons of hangouts, the Cat Paws charity is always hopping...if you RP at all there are aaaalways ppl looking for RP partners.

I think I like our layering system the best, you can do so much with it
And now I must away for sleep
I fully agree on that, I actually got another notification for them right after reading your post xD.

Thank you for the advise regarding good places to post. I've never RP'd and my time zone is rather annoying so I doubt I'll start doing it >.>.

Having a custom layering system is definitely something nice, that's for sure :D, I can't wait to see what I'll be able to do with once I amass more items, especially socks and stockings :3.

Goodnight and sweet dreams :3.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 10:41 AM Reply With Quote