Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Cheeky Monkey
Default Zelda Twilight Princess   #1  
Anyone got tips? I've had to go to the freaking gamefaq thing every few minutes. I'm at the part of getting the little buggies for the spirit so that I can become human again. Anyone know little tips/tricks to figure out puzzles better?

._.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Hard to say, thogh experience with the series in general helps out. Some stuff tends to be the same. My sister and I made a point of trying the game without referring to any guide and we managed it. We only had to refer to the internet once and I had figured out the puzzle before she came back with the answer.

That said, two people always helps we find. Fresh eyes can help sort out an issue that one person has been on for a while. Different ideas can come up too. The bug thing you will have to do in each new zone. You have a map to find their general areas. Use your senses a lot as they can find stuff like holes to dig in. Attack things to see if they do anything. You might need to knock over a shelf or destroy a box to find where a bug is hiding. Sometimes to get in one building you need to jump from another or get higher up, entering through a window or something. If you've played Ocarina of Time you know about lighting sticks to use as torches. Wolfy can do the same thing. Just keep trying things to see if you can do it.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 10-01-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
Default   #3  
This is the first Zelda game I've ever played. ^_^;; I do not enjoy wolf form. Most difficult.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. Yeah, my sister and I split roles. She handled human Link and I played Wolf link. He's a bit sensetive with the controls I found but you figure him out. You'll need to as you are required to play as wolf Link at important times in the game, and some bad guys are just plain easier as a wolf I find.

Zelda does require you do silly things at times. You learn to just do stuff to see if you can do it. Be adventerous. Never hurts to attack a tree once and a while. Seriously, treasure fall out sometimes. Exploring is good, You can find heart pieces that way, which increase your health. You get them in boss fights but they are scattered around the world. If you see a funny looking wall throw a bomb at it and see what happens. That sort of stuff.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 10-01-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #5  
i hated those bug things. i agree with quiet man, just look everywhere...it gets more fun, trust me. :D
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
Hit the trees with what? >_< I found running into stuff is not good.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #7  
with a roll? can you roll in this game..? maybe a throwing or shooting weapon? its been awhile so i dont remember what link gets...
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Epona can kick them I think, but I may be getting games crossed too. You can attack them in general, though usually rolling works best. I think you can roll, just need to use the right commands or not have your weapon out. Look up and down things. There are often little silly things to do that can get good things. The game wont throw stuff at you usually, like larger quivers or bomb bags when you get them. You tend to need to seek those out.

Quite often in Zelda games you will find something somewhere that you wont be able to do when you first find it, and you'll have to come back when you have the right gear or abilities. The game doesn't always go in a straight line.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
Default   #9  
Hmm. I'll have to try that tomorrow when I play.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 10-02-2011, 07:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
i always hate the levels, so i end up going through every extra quest i can :P so i end up with more than enough health when i go back to the level..
Old Posted 10-02-2011, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #11  
Collecting money is usually fairly easy in Zelda games. Bombs are rare in twilight princess I remember, compared to other games. Otherwise supplies and whatnot are usually fairly easy to come by.
Old Posted 10-02-2011, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
I'm stuck. I got two monkeys, suppose to do a third one and the guide confused me. So I'm gonna check other guides and see.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 10-03-2011, 01:55 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #13  
Monkeys? Don't seem to remember those except from Majora's Mask. Where abouts are you and what do you need to do?
Old Posted 10-03-2011, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
What is Majora's Mask? This is my first Zelda game. o_o

I got through the monkeys. Now I'm just trying to figure how to get to the West Province.

And the guide says how I should be on like 3rd heart piece or something and I only just found one. . . .

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 10-04-2011, 12:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #15  
Do you remember the guy who sold you the lantern? The next province is past his place. There's a Piece of Heart in a cavern in the forest where the mist is... I think. You have to use your lantern to navigate through the mist.

Majora's Mask is the direct sequel to Ocarina of Time.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 10-04-2011, 12:28 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. Just checked the IGN guide. I remember the monkeys now. I take it you are finished the Forest Temple? Or are you still in there? Afterwards, there is a second of bridges you need to work with your boomerang to get through. Annoying but not too hard once you know the path.
Old Posted 10-04-2011, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote