Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

CHEEZBURGER?!
Default OMG   #1  
Okay, I had work today, which is fine and I rely on my folks to watch my son. They were willing and considering I pay them rent and a lot of things too (I help a lot here), they don't mind that much. It is not like I go out a lot or do retarded things.

Well, today my dad got extremely ill and had to go to the doctors. My mom took me to work and said she will take my son with her. She assumed it would not be that bad but it was frustrating. I get a call at work telling me my dad has to go to the hospital and if I can come home to watch my son. I asked the other keyholder (who worked in the morning) to cover for me at night and have the other girl come in two hours early. It was not a HUGE deal because we close at 9, and she was only living at 6, plus she wants extra hours so she can make rent... She refused!! She said she has laundry to do and even though she needs the hours, she hates working 12 hours.

Now, mind you this girl hates working in generally. She is a keyholder, which equals an asst manager position... She is already on the shit list of the district and the manager (who we are all friends with). The reason they don't fire her is because they don't want her to get unemployment, plus she does her job, even though it is limited to what she does. There is ground to fire her but it would be a hassle to do so. I was like my dad in the hospital, I am not sure what is going on and for all I know he could be in a deadly situation. She could careless. She went on how no one ever covers for her (which is a lye) and pity me attitude.

I called my boss, who is 6 months pregnant and she said she will come in for me BUT is pissed at the coworker for not staying. It was her first day off in over a week and she needed it. I felt horrible but there was no one around to watch my son, and I did not want him going to the hospital. Plus, I would have no one to pick me up and it would be a mess. And just in case if something happens, my son will not be in the middle of it. He is only 10 months old.

I was pissed and upset that she only cared about herself... She said to another keyholder that she liked us all and all that jazz. What a lie!!! I would have covered for her!!! Even with my son. So, now everyone is pissed at her for being selfish and now everyone is making her work on her own for a few hours until they get in. My boss said that she blames her totally and not me. She knows I would have stayed for anyone in that situation. She is just being a bitch and it shows by her attitude.

This entire thing all has to do with our sales associate (who has a busy life) that cannot work for her on her demand. Yeah, not because of any of us but because of him. Even he gave me sympathy and tried to come in but he has another job (at night). Yes, he is a little bit of a dick sometimes BUT when he works, he works. He has his moments but he is not horrible, not compared to her.

Do you think she was in the wrong? I am wondering what everyone's opinions are of the situation.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

-Pablo Picasso
Last edited by SanguaLuna; 06-02-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I don't think you're wrong, sure I'd hate to work a 12 hour shift but you didn't ask just so you could go home and be lazy, you were worried about your young son :/ I support your decision.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 04:13 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #3  
Thanks. It is so much better bringing him home. Plus, my mom would be less stressed. She has to be there for my dad. I would want someone around if I was in the hospital.

I just thought the entire thing was selfish. I rarely ask for much and when I do, I get shit on. Luckily I have a great boss.

-Pablo Picasso
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Taking care of a younger than 2 years child, your OWN child too, rates as not-selfish in my book. It was an emergency too. I hope it works out for you at work though Sangua.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #5  
Thank you. :) Yeah, things should be okay but it is still scary.

-Pablo Picasso
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 04:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
You did the the right thing. The keyholder should have gone in if she didn't have anything she was doing.
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #7  
She was already there, just needed to stay an extra few hours (not long). She just refused cause she was being a child. :/

-Pablo Picasso
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Then that is even worse. If she is such a child, why hasn't she been fired yet?
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #9  
The company HATES firing people because of unemployment, plus we end up getting screwed. So, nothing I can do. The District (the one who can fire her) already knows and she will probably be fired eventually, but not sure when or how.

-Pablo Picasso
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
You've done nothing wrong. This happened a lot at my old job where people wouldn't come in for you, or would try and get you to in so they could go to a party.

About three years my first dog, needed to go to the vet for her old fatty tumor that had burst. We called and got an appointment at the vet, but, I had to get out of work early for this to happen. I called everyone that was coming in for the night shift if they couldn't come in an hour early so I could take care of my elderly dog (she was the 13 at the time.) And NO ONE wanted to come in. Finally I got a hold of someone, but it was after an hour of calling around.

So, I agree with you and I feel sorry for you and everyone else that works with that person.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 06-03-2011, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Default   #11  
It hates unemployment worse then having someone who can't even be considered an adult working for them?
Old Posted 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Wow, why is she even a keyholder if she can't cover for someone for a couple of hours? I mean, I'm not a fan of 12 hours shifts, but as I look at it, that's just more hours on my paycheck and more money that means I can breathe easier! It was totally selfish of her to say that she wouldn't cover for you because she needed to do her laundry. Especially when your family was in the hospital and your son would have no one there to watch him!

Even if the company doesn't fire her, they should demote her from keyholder and cut her hours down until she can't afford her rent, then she'll be forced to find another job or quit so that she can't collect unemployment.
Old Posted 06-03-2011, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Default   #13  
I likey Jesse, I likey how you think.
Old Posted 06-03-2011, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I agree with everyone here, that she should have not been selfish, and should have stayed longer, so you can take care of your son.

Race: Valyarin

Link to my roleplay Leroya:
http://trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5406
Old Posted 06-03-2011, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
light always wins
Default   #15  
I definitely support your position. She just sounds completely selfish to me and doing laundry? Lol. Laundry can be done at another time, now if she said something else like she had to meet with family or something happened then yeah I would understand her viewpoint but it just sounded like to me that she just didn't care at all and I think you all should fire her if she has proof to be fired and etc... but I can understand the unemployment stuff too :/
Old Posted 06-09-2011, 06:41 PM Reply With Quote