Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sandman View Post
if its a young plant its okay to have it indoors over winter but if you want to plant it outsite its okay over winter too because its an perenne plant.... it will grew every year and "sleep" over winter time
Yeah, it's pretty tiny and fragile looking right now. This is the first year I cut back the actual bush quite a bit for the winter. It is growing fairly well though, so I'm not certain if I should mess with it at all.

Out of curiosity, are roes prone to shifting colours? This rose (a miniature winter hardy) started out white with pale pink edges The flowers this year are starting to go almost solid pink, and much brighter. I moved to a new location and I'm wondering if the rose it just doing that because it's a hybrid plant, or if it's shifting from sitting next to another, different rose bush that is dark red.

I know I planted a mix of white and purple tulips in my old garden, and a couple years later they all came up white and purple striped from mixing with each other. It was neat.
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Cooking is a passion for me. Anyone who knows me knows that, hehe.

My past is not culinary in the sense of formally educated in the craft, but grew up reading Meta Given's encyclopedic books. Which were an education in themselves, lol.

All my relatives insisted on educating me on how to cook, and hands-on in the kitchen from around 5 years old onward.

As an adult, i've worked short order cooking, small restaurant prep and cooking, learned and made tournament BBQ (beef brisket, sausage, etc) since the 90's into early 2005, and personal cooking for myself and family, and cooking for countless home health clients. Which in turn meant learning their methods and recipes. Most of which were heirloom techniques and recipes. For many decades i have hobby collected heirloom recipes, and a very rare few historical or antique recipes.

All of this frames how i cook in general. I'm no pro cook, but surely have been cooking since the 1970's on my own.

Gardening i have also done since the 1970's. But since i've been physically disabled for the past 13 years, i just enjoy the passion for it, and the memories now. That would likely be of little help to you in running the demands of a professional kitchen though.

But i can surely offer what i do know, if it would be of any help!
Last edited by Spiderlillie; 01-21-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old Posted 01-21-2017, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #19  
I was never inclined to cook much, but my foodie dad and sister in law as well as my mom just talking to me about it or showing me the odd thing meant that I absorbed quite a bit, and now that I'm (sort of) out of home, I find I call them a lot for basic food advice. Anyone how to to approach tweaking some hot and sour soup?

I am chronically disabled myself. My stomach is the problem and can act up with or without warning, and often for no good reason, but watching what I eat is the best means I have of controlling it, so learning to cook has been helping me control what I eat. I had an episode two days ago and had some boiled potatoes on hand (one of the safer things to try after a bout) and made some mashed potatoes today by adding some chicken broth, butter, goat milk, salt & pepper, chives, and some Worcestershire.
Old Posted 01-22-2017, 06:01 AM Reply With Quote