Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #65  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexess View Post
There is 57 scenes from the old events. All of with have been chaptered and put in the storybook :| YOUR WELCOME! I SPENT A GOOD PORTION OF MY LIFE MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND THIS BEAST OF A STORY. Love Me.

I will be doing event summaries for each, but those will take a bit, but atleast you can now figure which ones to read and in what order :|
XDDD A good portion of life? Or you just decided to not be the lazy one and be the bigger person and actually do it?

Thanks Nexess! :D

Last edited by Illusion; 12-08-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 01:13 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
=w=
Dude, Nexy is NOT lazy. She does so damn much for Tris, you don't even know, man.

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #67  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestrade View Post
There are definitely a TON of characters when they're all dumped on you at once. When reading a novel generally only a few characters are introduced at a time. If too many are introduced at once it's really overwhelming and hard to follow.

Also I tend to read novels with fairly small casts, I guess. When I think about the last few novels I read, which was basically the complete works of E.M. Forster, they were basically all slice-of-life stories with only a handful of main characters and a small supporting cast. But it's honestly moot; the number of characters in a novel alone doesn't mean anything, it's how they're used. Personally, when I try to read just this event, I'm left confused because there are a ton of people and I can't keep them straight at all. They also all have pretty weird names that I don't find very easy to remember.

I mean, obviously that's just my opinion and you guys are certainly under no obligation to just please me. I'm just trying to explain why I feel the way I do.
Short answer, as Sheol said, really newcomers are jumping into the middle of a story. Start a novel in the middle and you will probably have the same problems.

Sightly longer answer, I understand where you're coming from Lestrade, but we simply can't re-introduce every character in each event for the newcomers who are always coming because we often has limited time to work through it as it is.

We do understand the problem and are working on means to fix it or to at least make it easier as we address each issue. Nexess and Ultima have already taken the time to sort the event scenes to that they can be read in order without having to fish for them.

This current event story could be seen to include material from four previous event lines that have now crossed. It's a natural story progression, but one that is hard to grasp without background when you're jumping right in. We will make it easier but a lot of back material to read also means a lot of back material to organize and sort. It's just going to take time.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 03:55 PM  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikana View Post
=w=
Dude, Nexy is NOT lazy. She does so damn much for Tris, you don't even know, man.
No kidding.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #69  
Yo, Quiet, you've posted your 'short' and 'slightly longer' answers, but where's the actual 'long' and/or 'really long' ones? :P

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 04:32 PM  
We're all mad here.
I think everything that would be said in the long and really has already been said or doesn't need to be said yet.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 04:38 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #71  
Aw, and I was so looking forward to seeing them just cause of how long I was expecting them to be. XD

But yeah, I know they're not needed yet, I just like poking fun at stuff. :P

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
YAYS!!! I'll read the entirety of the story during winter break!!!

Sign My Siggy!!!...I Dare You!...PS...Luffles to all who do!!!

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
-this is my signature- <3 Lacry
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM  
Mother Ship
Default   #73  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Short answer Faux, we're already on it. ;). Can't get this stuff done over night though. As said, there's a lot of it.
Thank you so much, I look forward to this. <3 You guys do a freaking brilliant job on this site. I love the events. I love that you have great stories behind everything. I adore the items. The site admins live in a world of fabulousness in my eyes. I freaking love this place and I wish I had more time to be online here. <3<3<3<3

Keep up the GREAT work!!!! <3
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 12-08-2012, 10:24 PM  
The Mad Scientist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
XDDD A good portion of life? Or you just decided to not be the lazy one and be the bigger person and actually do it?

Thanks Nexess! :D
@w@ We're just not gonna go into how much stuff i do and just say yes, yes I did.

Faux - @w@ I'M DOING THAT NOW, JUST FOR YOU <3

Old Posted 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #75  
Nexxy, this storybook section is like MAGIC! *U* and summaries too! This is the best day ever!

@Everybody;; There's a lot of neat stuff not in the summaries, if you like character development. I do think it's worth it to read the summaries first and then, if you're interested in that particular story arc, read all the story threads. I think it would make it much less intimidating that way.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 12-09-2012, 11:10 PM  
The Mad Scientist
I'm still writing the DoD and the transition summaries! They care coming! Promise!

o3o Thanks Lucid <3

Old Posted 12-09-2012, 11:31 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #77  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexess View Post
@w@ We're just not gonna go into how much stuff i do and just say yes, yes I did.

Lol, we could. But we'd be here forever. XD

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 12-09-2012, 11:35 PM  
Mother Ship
For those that don't know, there is a lot that goes into an avatar site. IT may look like all sunshine - lollipops - and rainbows. But really you have to deal with coding, items, bots, trolls, spammers, not to mention this particular site has layering, and a story that goes well beyond any site I've been on. There is the events. Oh my goodness, planning for events is an event in itself. For freaking real.

I hope more people realize.

I love you guys here. <3
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 12-10-2012, 11:39 PM  
Mother Ship
Default   #79  
For those that don't know, there is a lot that goes into an avatar site. IT may look like all sunshine - lollipops - and rainbows. But really you have to deal with coding, items, bots, trolls, spammers, not to mention this particular site has layering, and a story that goes well beyond any site I've been on. There is the events. Oh my goodness, planning for events is an event in itself. For freaking real.

I hope more people realize.

I love you guys here. <3
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yes, yes it does take a lot of work. @_@ Faux knows for sure. :3

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 12-11-2012, 12:07 AM