Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Chinchilla View Post
I think it would be easier just to give a summary of the past events. If a person finds one summary that seems to interest them, they can go look back at that story to see that story in detail. The summaries would also help as a refresher for those who've read the story, and helps new users to get an idea of what's going on so they won't be so lost in the event (especially if they're joining in the middle of an event..they're not going to spend a whole month just to catch up with the current plot).

It is an idea, using the summaries. But I'm sure you will be able to figure something that works for everyone. Keeping the writers happy, helping users to understand trisphee a bit more, making pancakes for Kami owo
That would be good to have. :3

Though, what's with the 'making pancakes for Kami' part? owo
And what kind of pancakes do you like, Kami? :o

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 03:12 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
It's not so much everyone went evil, just Ryuko really. That whole "OMG Maesha killed my first daughter and then when I'm trying to liberate my people Feysha decapitates my other daughter and now they're both dead and there was a war and a bunch of people are dead and I have no kingdom and AAAHHHHHHH!!!" just didn't go over well.

Ryuko's evil kind mangled the twins so they're messed up, and then off in the Divine Realm Dacorum is wandering around without much to do and then arrives this divine vision which tells him things are going to suck, so off he goes to try and do something about it.

There, quick and dirty run-up. Oh, and reading the "Revelation" story in the Trisphee Storybook would also help to understand the "when did Dacorum get back?" thing.
That was actually only the catalyst for his fall, the reason he's become what he is is that in killing Maesha (when he drove his spear through her heart) he sundered the Book of Secrets that she kept secured there inside her breastplate, which held the sum total of the racial magics for the Ascent and the Athiyk. The power that got released bound with the vengeful thoughts within him and effectively recreated his personality as the tyrant we see him as now (and basically stole all the power from both races and secured it within Ryuko). The italicized "voice" that's speaking to him is actually his own thoughts, just parsed through the "divine" perception of himself that he has now.

Anyway, I think it's rather obvious that something needs to be done about the organization of the story for new readers, and summaries are definitely needed (we actually have them laying around somewhere...) As soon as possible, we'll see about getting the Storybook section actually functioning as it should.

Thank you all for your feedback.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 10:42 AM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #19  
Ah. Must have missed that part.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
I think I missed that part, too. Where was that bit of information posted before? I don't remember reading anything like that during the Fight for Freedom event or in the few months after it when Ryuko was going through his change. I just remember him suddenly hearing a voice. I don't remember ever reading anything about a magic book.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 01:56 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #21  
I'll be the first to admit that that was an element we handled extremely poorly. There were a lot of issues going on at the time, and the whole idea only got squeezed in at the end of the Fight for Freedom when it was supposed to have been part of it from the beginning.

It is there, though. Specifically, in Feysha's last post in chapter 19 of the Fight for Freedom, and Ryuko's post in the epilogue describes the book being destroyed and the consequences of it. One of Maesha's posts in chapter 19 likewise mentions the Secrets as the magic she uses to face off against Dyten. And then the implication with the Nox 2011 scene with Ryuko was that the voice was the Secrets of sorcery that had been released with the destruction of the book, hence him regaining his magic.

THAT SAID, it was handled very poorly (I can say that because it was my fault, largely, with several contributing factors, but nonetheless), and if there's ever time in the future, a re-write of the Fight for Freedom would go a long way towards making it a more cohesive transition. For now, hopefully the summaries will help once we can get them out there.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
I've been trying to follow the story, and I can sort of, but I simply don't have the time to go through the old events and figure out what happened in what order. I would totally read the entire story (old events included) if we had some kind of compendium within the Trisphee story book that made it easier to read.

Maybe simply moving the stories and sorting them into sub-forums for each even would help. I think the main issue is that it is so time consuming to actually SEARCH for the threads (I know where they are and have looked over them but I still can't entirely figure out what happened when).

Sign My Siggy!!!...I Dare You!...PS...Luffles to all who do!!!

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
-this is my signature- <3 Lacry
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #23  
Yeah, I can't wait for the summaries to get out. They ought to really help everyone get a quick rundown of what has happened during past events. >w<

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 10:33 PM  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
I like the idea of summaries for the events, but it still would be nice to have the actual event story-lines easier to go through. Like the summaries are gonna be awesome to remind people of what happened before, but the whole story is still necessary to understand all the stories. But that may just be me.

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #25  
Well the way I see it if a person enjoys the summary of a certain event, then they can then read into that event's specific story lines. :3

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 10:41 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Ari, if I understand Kali correctly, she's favoring the relocation and reorganization of the old event chapters into a more accessible format in the Storybook subforum. We would put the summaries there as well, to allow for easiest access to both.

This is an idea I'm quite in favor of, unless we find a better solution.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 11:15 PM  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
Default   #27  
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. I mean we've got that entire forum for the storyline, so why not simply move the posts there in the correct order once the events are done? That may help facilitate more people reading the whole story. I know it would allow me to have more time to read them.

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 11:42 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Oh. I get it now.

And yeah, that would make more sense. :3 Who on earth would be willing to search through the crazy mess of threads that is the 'Past Celebrations' forum? @_@

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 11-28-2012, 12:23 AM  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
Default   #29  
Yeah, I mean that's what everyone currently has to do to read the past story and it is a scary and daunting task to any newbie. Heck, I joined this time last year and it was scary then as well! It would probably get the story read if it were easier to find them all.

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 11-28-2012, 12:28 AM  
The Illusionist
I love it how you guys just explained what happened, and then in my mind I was going "Wait... THAT HAPPENED? All I got from skimming/reading the posts is people are walking around talking about non sense and people becoming evil or bad things happening yadia yada."

I'm really looking forward to summaries... I need someone to straight out tell me what happened, I get lost/bored as it is with the storyline because you guys don't skip to the point fast enough for me to remain interested.

Old Posted 11-28-2012, 12:58 AM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
...I get lost/bored as it is with the storyline because you guys don't skip to the point fast enough for me to remain interested.
Maybe think about that statement for a minute. The purpose behind a story is usually *not* to skip to things, but to show how they got there.

I also think it would be useful to pare the other event threads from the stories in the landfill. The biggest annoyance I find when searching for old stories is not reading up on the old stories but separating them from the other threads that get made during the course of an event. Separating the stories into a subforum has helped a lot with that, but not all the events have that.
Old Posted 11-28-2012, 04:05 AM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I think I've finally put a finger on what seems off to me about event stories.

Trisphee events are like episodes of a really complicated TV show (say, Lost). If you don't watch the previous episode and really pay attention, you won't have any idea what's going on.

I like my TV shows to be more like The Simpsons, where every episode has its own contained plot, but many jokes and references are made to past material. I like my events to be that way as well.

I respect that Trisphee has a long and detailed story, but I don't think that events are the way to tell it. Updates to the storybook with Trisphee plot are great. We don't need an event for plot updates to happen. And when we do have an event, it would be so awesome if the event was largely self-contained in its writing material.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM