Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

~!Halloween Queen!~
Default I need to rant. Bigtime.   #1  
So I have a little issue with making friends in real life. I know, shocker, right? But I'm afraid to, because SOMETHING always happens, and they either start to just kind of drift off without a word, or someone sways them to think I'm not "cool enough" for them. Whatever. I've gotten over it. But last month, I went camping for Beltane [Pagan holiday, FTW.], and I made a friend. Needless to say, it had started out him having this huge crush on me, finding out I was engaged, STILL liking me even though I told him friends or nadda. Oh, and to boot, he's 16. I'm 21, this month. Anywhore, he's a great guy. Really caring, and all that. We have tons in common, [we have the same fricken birthday] and my Aunt was the one who basically told me to go for it, even though he's not my age.

When she said go for it, I thought she meant friend-wise. Apparently, she thought different. Anywho, this kid and I, we're JUST friends. And I came, in the last month, to really see him as a close friend. Well, my Aunt [who, I won't go into detail about. Because I don't want you guys wanting to rip your eyes out at the end of this post] took his mother, and another friend of ours, to Disney. He wasn't invited. I wasn't invited. So we had been texting about that and shit, and I come to find out, she tells my mom the other day she thinks I'M LEADING HIM ON, and that I had been talking shit. First of all, how the FUCK does she know what the hell we talk about? He lives 4 hours away from my aunt. 5 hours away from ME. So.. how the hell?

Anyway, he hasn't been talking to me very much. For someone who had, starting out, texted me EVERY morning to say hello, all throughout the day, texted me just before bed, to tell me to rest well, to... radio silence? I mean... what. the. FUCK? I'm super pissed about this, because, well, I DON'T make friends easily. And I certainly don't make them on a whim. I pick and choose who I befriend, because if I don't get a good vibe from 'em, I don't want to have anything to do with them. Call me paranoid, but thats how it is.

I think my aunt had something to do with it. I think she said SOMETHING to his mother, now all of a sudden, he won't talk to me. I am NOT a happy camper. At all.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 11-30-2011, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
First off, that sucks that you lost a friend. :[ Very uncool.

Secondly, I personally think it's weird that your aunt would want you to get into a romantic relationship with him when it's technically not even LEGAL because of your ages. O_o

Maybe it was just a hype type thing? Both of you guys super excited to get to know each other and stuff and then once that is done and over with, it fizzles out. I dunno what to suggest. Most of my friends are from work so I have to see them over and over again. xD;

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 11-30-2011, 05:29 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #3  
TAIKI IS PURPLE NAO?! CONGRATS!

And love, my aunt can be psycho sometimes. I love her to freaking DEATH, but we don't get a long for extended periods of time. Honestly, I don't know whats up, and I have no idea HOW she knows what he and I talk about. Apparently, 16 is the "legal" age down here.... but still. Its a no go. And she knew that from the start. I'm not leading the kid on, he knows very well where we stand. So thats not an issue. I just want to know why the hell all of a sudden, after she tells my mom this made up crap, why he's stopped talking to me.

-sighs-
Old Posted 11-30-2011, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Is it strange that you sound like a friend of mine? 0_o...

Anyhow, I think it might be that he thought he would be something more to you than just a friend if he spent a concentrated amount of time with you. Or maybe it's not. It could just be how friendship works for him. Heck, sometimes that's what I end up doing: spending a lot of time with one person and than running off to do something else just 'cuase.

I might be speculating, but I don't think that your aunt has anything to do with him going to radio silence and that it's just coincidence, but who knows? *shrugs* Have you tried talking to him recently?
Old Posted 11-30-2011, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #5  
Haha, no? I get that all the time.

I don't believe in coincidences anymore. I mean, fact still remains, he lives four hours from her. And she's friends with his mother. Whose to say she hasn't told his mother to snoop? And if she did, now he isn't allowed to talk to me, or whatever?

I did text him last night, three times. I got two responses, and then poof. Nothing. And nothing was really resolved, either. So I'm a little curious as to what the hell is going on.
Old Posted 11-30-2011, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Hmmm...interesting... And I don't suppose you'd be worried if one of those texts resolved the issue...let's see.....................

The simple way to deal with it is to ask, but whose to say that they would tell, and if they did if they would tell truth.

As for speculating, if it turns out that your friend's mother knows who you are, it could be that she is either worried about you being with him, friend or closer otherwise, or it could be that she doesn't know you and is equally scared. It wouldn't be surprising if his mother's worries were completely irrational and poorly based.
Then there's the possibility that his 16 year old mind has other things on his mind. I wouldn't know, but it could explain a lot.
Being 17, I know it's equally possible that he was thinking the way your aunt was, before she told you. It could be possible that his goals and motives triggered your aunt's speculation. I don't know your friend.

Either way, if it turns out that you can't know anymore for whatever reason, it could be that someone appropriately wants you not to know. In that case, it would be best to ignore the feeling and move on.
Last edited by Funkduder; 12-01-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old Posted 12-01-2011, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
TAIKI IS PURPLE NAO?! CONGRATS!
I've been a secret admin for a long time. xD I technically got demoted. I was the Art Director Admin so my name was green but since I don't have time to pixel anymore I got turned into a regular admin...

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 12-01-2011, 05:43 AM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Aw.. well, at least you're still staff. <3 Right?

And one of my favorite people in the world. :3
Old Posted 12-01-2011, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote