Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #113  
Ahh, but not really long poles just really long flags? -//w//= That'd look ridiculous but impressive if pulled off right. *hic* And but the flags, they'd look-they can- >//./<; You can see the flags better if they're bigger and so it'd of course look stunning! -//u//^

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-06-2019, 03:27 PM  
Rebooting....
I was in the Color Guard for the school marching band in high school and had to learn flag twirling. I was at least adequate at it, but I must admit I was mostly in it for the boots.
Old Posted 01-06-2019, 03:35 PM  
Icy Footed
Default   #115  
Ahh..-//w/- good boots are a plus in style with the flag twirling...I'll betcha looked like an elegant badass!~ *gulps down water* ..I only ever did ribbon twirling for a dance class. =//.//<;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 01-06-2019, 10:38 PM  
Writer
We didn't even have such a thing at school. There was a track and field team, but they weren't very good - more like a group of boys interested in athletics who would use the school's sporting ground once a week for fun with a teacher supervising. Aside from that, just the regular physical education everyone had to attend.
Old Posted 01-07-2019, 04:10 AM  
Icy Footed
Default   #117  
-//w/=; I took two years of "dance" as an elective. And it wasn't really 'taught' so much as lecture on the history of dances, dance movies and *hic* minor instructor taught choreography. We had extracurricular sports like cross country and softball, but nothin' else besides basic P.E. yeah..buhcuz we were a tiny school. <x//] I-itty bitty school!~ Like tiny tiny.~

Old Posted 01-07-2019, 04:14 AM  
Writer
History of dances could be fun actually, depending on how it's presented. Dance movies I think the only one I know is Dirty Dancing, and I haven't even actually watched it - a neighbour once lent me the vhs tape because she thought it was a classic, but at that time our device was broken and so I eventually returned the tape untouched. To my defense it didn't seem like the type of movie I'd enjoy anyway. I'm not that big on love stories, especially traditional heterosexual ones.
Old Posted 01-07-2019, 04:19 AM  
Icy Footed
Default   #119  
Oh Death. <x//] I will bond with you over my mutual disfavor of most romantic movies any day!~ *sways a bit and drinks water with a sigh* -//.//- Despite the catchy tunes and neat dance numbers, I really didn't care for Grease. I cannot watch Rom-coms anymore because they leave me wishing I could be watching something equally unrealistic but more action packed and bloody... ;-; We watched so many pointless romantic dance movies in class, that they all mesh into a single title-less bland repetition of the same story...*leans on Death sadly* ;//.//; Death...do-do you like Lord of the Rings and the awesome danger and violent battles in it's trilogy?~
And the fact that it's heterosexual romance is hardly distracting at all?~ -//./- <3

Old Posted 01-07-2019, 04:32 AM  
Writer
Hehe, well I guess some of that is alcohol speaking out of you, but I'm always in for a close friend to watch action packed bloody battles with! I also liked the catchy tunes of Grease yet didn't care much about the actual story. What was it even again, some girl obsessing over some boy and in the end she got a new haircut which solved everything? I've always been more into Xena the Warrior Princess than whatever current daily soap my friends swooned over.
Lord of the Rings had some wonderful battles, and great landscape. I don't even remember who exactly fell in love, I think it was one of the fellowship guys with a female elf? So yeah, guess you have a point on the hardly distracting ^^
Old Posted 01-07-2019, 04:58 AM  
Icy Footed
Default   #121  
<x//3 Yuh huh! But I'm getting sobered down tho now. -//u/-; I might go to beddy bye soon. *finishes waters* Ahhh, yup that was pretty much Grease. X] Had no idea what on earth they were trying to get together for apart from they had a beach day and he saved her from drowning or something but it wasn't even shown? The rest is just super outdated 50's high school nonsense. X//c I never watched Xena, tho I heard it was really cool...*nodnod*
Ah yes! You are right. ^//-/^ And it was Aragorn who was raised in Rivendale, the elf place? An-and he grew up knowing Arwen and her father Lord Elrond and they were already in love in the first movie, so there was no "falling" involved. <x//D And she like summons water horses with elf magic to crush the Nazgul riders it's so kewl!!~ *wiggles happily*

Old Posted 01-07-2019, 05:06 AM  
Writer
*nods* You should definitely watch Xena if you get a chance. Sure, sometimes it's just as unrealistic as those rom-coms, and not exactly bloody (albeit occasionally grim), but it still looks mighty cool. I do have a thing for female fighters anyway.

See, that only proves how much - or more specifically, little - attention I pay to the romance parts. The bickering between Legolas and Gimli I remember way better, good friends > lovers.
Old Posted 01-07-2019, 05:15 AM  
Icy Footed
Default   #123  
<X//D Ahaha! Right?! I love their hilarious remarks and battle kill tallies trying to outperform each other! Good friendship is so much more wholesome to watch than lovey dovey stuff anyday. >//w/- *nodnodnod* mmhm! *yawn*
-//,/^ And Eowyn is such a warrior in da Return of the King, my goodness!~ She flippin' destroyed one of the evil corrupted nazgul kings of Minas Morgul. -//w/- How awesome was that?

Old Posted 01-07-2019, 05:30 AM  
Writer
Oh yes! "No man can kill me" XD
Well. He ought to steer clear of the one single woman on the battlefield then ^^
Old Posted 01-07-2019, 05:55 AM  
Icy Footed
Default   #125  
>//w/- Haaaa, he got Mac-bethed by one serious lady soldier. *sigh* I've had dreams about smiting evil guys and unleashing a bloody hellish wrath upon my dream oppressors and tormenters.~ -///w/-
of course I'm such a sweet bony beanie baby irl, I couldn't do much harm at all, but..*starts to sleep-oo* -//./- hmmm..in my dream, to avenge my dear brother, I totally pummeled a murdering bastard's..smooshy face in..~

Old Posted 01-07-2019, 06:03 AM  
Writer
Usually I'm the evil guy in my own dreams. Raging infernos, poor unfortunate souls crushed under the heel of my combat boot, world domination and ice cream. No, wait. There's rarely enough ice cream in my dream.
Have you ever considered taking up martial arts? You don't need to be heavy and musculous for judo, but you still could defend your loved ones.
Old Posted 01-07-2019, 06:09 AM  
Icy Footed
Default   #127  
-//w/- I have, n' did, mhmm….! I actually had a dream about, having a friendly martial arts match with some guy in a supermarket before..~ heeh, we were using mops and corn and lawn chairs and baskets to combat each other, backflippin' and doin' all sorts of stunts, nnn'stuff. It was really cool...and then at the end we shook hands and helped with cleaninnng...~ *leans onto Death suddenly asnooze* -//.//= ...zzz..zz…..zzz..

Old Posted 01-07-2019, 06:22 AM  
Writer
*wraps you in some corn husks instead of a blanket*
Old Posted 01-07-2019, 06:34 AM