Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default DC Universe Online   #1  
So I just got a PS3 and was able to install DC Universe Online!
Does anyone else here play and if so, what do you think of it? Is it worth paying for the premium membership?

Let's talk about the game! :)
Old Posted 02-28-2014, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
I tried it on the pc a while back and couldn't get the hang of the play style, but it seemed really cool aside from that. I'm just not used to not being able to utilize my mouse while playing a pc game. If I moved my mouse the screen spun all around.

What do you think of it on the ps3?
Old Posted 03-01-2014, 09:10 AM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default   #3  
I've never played PC version, but the PS3 handles really well with it. The controls are super easy to use.
Old Posted 03-01-2014, 03:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
...are you Rikku?

Combat's pretty good. Customization is AMAZING. The way power/weapon combos compliment or detract from each other adds a level of complexity I don't experience in other games.

However I couldn't feel part of a community there (personally), and soloing ain't so great either.
Old Posted 03-01-2014, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default   #5  
Yes. Yes I am. BI

The customization is freaking KILLER. I love that you can equip the best armor and then go into the 'style' tab and choose the appearance you want without losing the benefits of the armor or weapons you equipped.

And yeah I can see that. But I personally like soloing, to be honest, so that never really affected me.
Old Posted 03-02-2014, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
BI?

Other games need to adopt that style mechanic. Not all but certain ones where there's so many fashion choices but good fashion invariably means no combat readiness.

Which power do you really want to use that is for membership only?
Old Posted 03-02-2014, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #7  
The game itself is fun solo or with friends. However, I would not dare ask the community anything or attempt to participate in their version of Raids, unless you just enjoy being force fed hostile attitudes and pro-player mentalities. I did alright without premium membership, but I am guilty of buying some of the power sets. They were just too fun.
Old Posted 03-02-2014, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Kenai - I really wanted to use the digital power one. I can't remember what it's called, but it was similar to the mind control one. The color is blue. Or the rage one. But I'm not about to pay for it lol.
Old Posted 03-03-2014, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #9  
There's: Light, quantum, earth, and electricity. Mental (purple) is my favorite one. I forget which tree I specialized in. Typically I like summoning minons. I remember my main attack was 3 psychic ninja star things shooting out at my target.

I don't know about this rage. -looks up-
ooh...more stuff that costs money -_-
Old Posted 03-03-2014, 05:01 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Yeah I think it was the quantum one. I wanted that one. :P

I have 2 characters, one is a Mental mage lady (mentor: Wonder Woman, of course) and the other uses Gadgets (nanananananana batmannnnn). :)
Old Posted 03-03-2014, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote