Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Moderation Admin
Default   #17  
I was very wary of tac to begin with - I chose sci for my first character (Fed)... but when I made my first Rom, I felt like trying it out. It is definitely my second favorite.

What's your ign/handle?

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 03-22-2014, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Would have to look it up to be honest...though they are both Tactical and my Romulan is aligned with the Federation. *shrugs* Just like it better for some reason.

Edit: My Fed ign is Alpha. My Romulan one is random....
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 03-23-2014, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #19  
My handles are Enaya@cmdrserael (Fed) and Ayonak@cmdrserael (RomFed).

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Old Posted 03-24-2014, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Have to add you. Both of my guys are Fed so we could play together some. I've been finding the Romulan storyline more interesting as of late...especially with the split between the Republic and the Tal Shiar. I'm not too far into it though....still plenty to discover!
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 03:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #21  
Well, the Feds just got the revamped tutorial (which is FAR better than the old one) and updated beginner mission graphics. The Rom tutorial, I think, does a better job of getting you invested in it - your homeworld is attacked and you have to flee. I loved the RomFed stuff. :3

Old Posted 03-25-2014, 09:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Yeah, I noticed the revamped tutorial. Doesn't throw you into a nearly impossible to win fight against an Undine ship as early as the original did. Good lord I hated that....especially with having to sit back and maybe fire a few "pot shots" every now and again while the NPC ships took care of it.

The Romulan tutorial definitely does. I just finished the mission with the Tholians and the Enterprise-C. That was a twist and a half that I didn't expect...and then the timeship showing up to help? Nope, never saw it coming. Getting a chance to pilot a ship with that impressive firepower compared to my heavy warbird was fun though. "Wets the whistle" for things to come as you continue to advance and progress in rank. I'd really consider getting a Lifetime subscription if I could afford it...but $300 is a good chunk of change....
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 02:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #23  
While I was leveling my characters up to 50, I subscribed for one month of gold (I think at $15). You get retrait tokens every promotion, more inventory and boff spaces, a free extra character slot (and a foundry slot), some cash shop currency, as well access to the account bank. This all stays, assuming you get to level 50 before the month ends.* Best money I ever spent on an MMO.

Oh, and usually around tax time or new seasons (with s9 coming out in April), they offer a lifetime sale. I've considered getting it, but... it's so much money at once that I always say no.

*It doesn't go away, but if you don't reach 50 by the time you go back to silver, you won't get the gold benefits for leveling (such as inventory and boff slots) - you keep everything you've unlocked, though.

Last edited by Sei; 03-25-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Finally hit Captain (30) on my Federation character and ended up taking the Intrepid class for my ship. Contemplated the Defiant (more maneuverable with the firepower), and the Galaxy (sheer firepower and consoles), but ended up going for the middle ground since I wanted something similar to what I had with the previous ship. Honestly, I've never gone with the purely "tactical" stereotype ship despite being a tactical officer myself. Weird, but I'm enjoying it. The story is sucking me in more and more though....
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 04-08-2014, 12:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #25  
I really do love the story. Although I would prefer more diplomatic options (instead of just blowing ships up all the time), it tries it's best to be the ST we know and love.

I went with sci up until I hit RALH, when I went with the Prometheus-class ship option. I love her to death, man. If I had a spare 25, I would go for the multi-vector version.

Old Posted 04-08-2014, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
The game has too much "beam down and kill everything" as the federation. But it's understandable, I suppose. Much harder to make a more nuanced experience... Especially in an mmo.
Old Posted 04-08-2014, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #27  
Well, there is an attempt out there to create a more balanced game (can't remember the name of it at the moment), but yes, I'd agree with the fact that there is a bit too much of a "blow everything up" plot line on the whole.

I've looked and I think it will be a bit of a tear for me between the Prometheus and the Sovereign. I like them both. Just going to have to cross that bridge when I get to it....in 10 levels.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 04-08-2014, 01:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Toho, I absolutely agree. I wish ships were just 'disabled' or we could use diplomatic rank to end things without firing.

If the Sovereign is a cruiser like the Enterprise E, then it's a no contest for me. I could never beam boat; I like to move and strike quickly. If you need help with any later missions, my Fed and RomFed are at your command.

Old Posted 04-08-2014, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #29  
I'm pretty sure my one character is a VA, but I don't play much. I have some kind of big ship that wasn't on the movies or shows.
Old Posted 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
I don't play it constantly, but it's a nice 'I don't pay so I feel able to play whenever I want' game. I played WoW for a bit, and any time I didn't feel like playing, I felt like I was wasting money.

Old Posted 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #31  
Actually, the Enterprise E was the first Sovereign class ship. Still a toss up for me, but I have a bit of grinding before I get to that point. I like the mobility, but I also enjoy the sheer fire power. Just going to have to wait and see. So far I've had the more powerful yet less maneuverable ships, so the Intrepid is certainly a change of pace so far. Need to progress more with my RomFed because I can't wait to get my hands on a D'deridex. They are my favorite class of ship to date across all species and alliances.

So far in the story I'm getting to the point where your ship is the one to investigate and discover the cause and nature of the supernova that destroyed Romulus and Remus. Should be intriguing to find out. Once I get to Vice Admiral with my Fed I'll jump back over to my Romulan.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 04-08-2014, 03:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
hey Sei I play STO name on there is Alana Torres and my ship is USS Prime lol