Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Two Fish
Default   #65  
Poor ml T_T
What can I even say? I have zero experience in matters like this. I guess I can only say that you need to talk things over with your mother and not hold anything back when you tell her what it is that you don't like. But make sure that you don't hurt her feelings in the process. Explain it to her using all the common sense you can muster. That could make her see things in your point of view.

Hello Maro! :D
Old Posted 01-26-2015, 11:35 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
We've tried that and she gets mad and cries saying we're ganging up on her to make her look like the bad guys when we're the ones being disrespectful to her and everything. =.=; I have the feeling she doesn't realize what she does and doesn't care to hear it because every time she denies doing it. *sigh* I've given up on being reasonable with her and can't wait to have the chance to move out.

Old Posted 01-26-2015, 05:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #67  
Oh boy. I hate it when common sense doesn't win (aspiring lawyer lol)
I guess you have to be patient then. How long before you move out?
Old Posted 01-27-2015, 08:10 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Don't know, I have to get a decent paying job first and with making twelve dollars an hour I'm not quite there yet. If I could get a job making twenty an hour I'd be set. Though I might not be able to get that until after I get certified for book keeping, which I can probably get done once I finish this semester and start studying for it. The book is going to cost me about two hundred dollars, but if I can get a job that pay more than what I currently make and be in a situation I like working in better, who am I to complain?

Old Posted 01-27-2015, 10:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #69  
That's true.
You're a book-keeper? Isn't that like, an accountant?
Old Posted 01-28-2015, 05:20 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I'm not yet but I'm going to be, and being an accountant is more involved, but book keeping is on the way there.

Old Posted 01-28-2015, 10:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #71  
Oh okay. I didn't know the difference.
My stupid English textbook of last year said that a book-keeper is an accountant(pfft)
Old Posted 01-30-2015, 07:49 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
o.O
You can be a book keeper without being an accountant but usually accountants are book keepers. So they aren't completely wrong, but not completely right either. Book keepers just keep track of transactions (purchases, received money, spent money) while accountants do that and can do invoices, and also file taxes and such. They are also used as consultants for what companies should invest money into as well.

Old Posted 01-30-2015, 11:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #73  
Haha okay. Did you always want to be a book keeper?
Old Posted 02-03-2015, 05:38 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
No, I originally wanted to be an art teacher, then my mom did this thing where if you do something she doesn't like she belittles it ALL THE TIME until you do something she wants or approves of. So then I switched to being a math teacher. But because of how my first college screwed me over (I hate degree programs, they have too much useless fluff) I couldn't afford to finish the education portion but could finish the math portion. Then I couldn't get a job with my math degree and decided to go back and get certificates in Accounting, and in the process I can get certified to be a book keeper.

Old Posted 02-03-2015, 10:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #75  
He that is just unfair. Your mom needs to know that it's your life and not hers and you are the one who'll be living in wherever you're working and you need to like it, not her. Did you tell her that and did she start crying because she thought you were ganging up on her or something?
Sorry, but matters like these make me go mad. REALLY mad.
Old Posted 02-04-2015, 08:06 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Yeah, we try to mention that and she gets even worse. She also doesn't like to be told when she's wrong either and gets mad at you. And then when you mention something about a different country having such and such she gets made and says 'no one cares about a different country, people only care about this country'. Yeah, my mom is a complete and utter dick. Not to mention she's sexist when it comes to me and gay guys and a racist. >_>

Old Posted 02-04-2015, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #77  
Hey everyone sorry I've been gone for so long again I've been dealing vvith a lot irl at the moment including massive internet issues -sigh-
Old Posted 02-07-2015, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Aw, that's no fun! Is everything worked out or still need to work out some kinks?

Old Posted 02-07-2015, 07:55 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #79  
Nope still a lot of kinks and it's getting kind of stressful honestly..
Old Posted 02-07-2015, 08:14 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Oh dear, well I hope you can work them out soon, its no fun when life stresses you out. =(

Old Posted 02-07-2015, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote