Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default   #33  
Lol I understand. There are a lot of grey areas. Some times i over simplify or my brain will explode with the ramifications of things.

I just wish I could have seen the Walmart security check your friends id. And then have to tell people he is allowed in the female bathroom. I am just thoroughly amused by this because it is what the law was supposed to avoid if correctly applied.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Yeah, it is 'supposed' to but in reality it creates more confusion if applied correctly.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
a gender ghost.
Default   #35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
You can't get a birth certificate reissued if you legally change your name, after all. No state I know of will do that.
mm, actually, that's not true. There are states that will amend your birth certificate for certain types of legal name changes. One example is adoption; both of the children my parents adopted have birth certificates now with their new, legal names, not the ones they were born with.
♥ Lovely Teahouse ♥

tumblr | twitter
Old Posted 04-26-2016, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Claire View Post
mm, actually, that's not true. There are states that will amend your birth certificate for certain types of legal name changes. One example is adoption; both of the children my parents adopted have birth certificates now with their new, legal names, not the ones they were born with.
Oh, it's totally true, because I said "that I know of." :P

That said, adoption is something of an exceptional case. Marriages and cosmetic name changes don't get the birth certificate treatment. And ultimately, it's tied to the same issue -- things wanting a birth certificate as a form of identification, which it really shouldn't be.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-26-2016, 01:07 PM Reply With Quote  
a gender ghost.
Default   #37  
actually, I know that in at least some jurisdictions (https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=...ic&staticID=13), legal name changes can also be reflected on your birth certificate.
♥ Lovely Teahouse ♥

tumblr | twitter
Old Posted 04-26-2016, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. But still, the crux of my original point stands: If some states want to treat the birth certificate as a historical document, then they shouldn't also treat it as a form of identification, because those two points have requirements that become contradictory in some circumstances.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-26-2016, 01:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #39  
In NC your birth certificate can be changed, i.e. reissued, with your new name and gender after you have had bottom surgery. Catch 22 is that is can take years to get to that point and most people aren't comfortable with putting their bits on the table since the surgery isn't an exact replica.
Old Posted 04-26-2016, 01:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
So now they are going to possibly put it to a vote. Or put it on the ballot? I think that is what I read in the paper. Or rather let the people vote to see if they still want it or not. In the mean time other cities/states seem to be adopting a similar policy.
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 01:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #41  
I just need areas, like putting all of the homophobes in one area and let them have their laws and the LGBT community friendly areas be there like Charlotte and Asheville.
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 01:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Lol except even that too is unconstitutional especially after the Japanese interment camps and desegregation laws. Trump can't do it to Islamic if he becomes president, so we can't do it to the homophobics even with a democratic president.
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 01:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #43  
Shh I never said it was an obtainable dream, it is just better than the stupid going on with people trying to say that Trans people should have to use Family/Unisex Bathrooms
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
*Looks at homophobic people tied up in my basement.*
...Does that mean I have to let them go free?
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 05:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #45  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
*Looks at homophobic people tied up in my basement.*
...Does that mean I have to let them go free?
That really made me laugh out loud, Lawtan.
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Shhh Law…. just keep on feeding them and pumping them full of reeducation.
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #47  
Well there may be a far fetched realistic way to actually make this a reality...
You could start a go fund me, to buy yourself an island and then declare it a mirco nation.... LIKE THE SOVEREIGN NATION OF SEALAND BD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Can I just declare Charlotte the 51st state? Annex in Atlanta and Asheville?
Old Posted 04-29-2016, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote